Welcome, Guest

MZL on the 90-day highway
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MZL on the 90-day highway 78617 Views

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 19 Oct 2018 16:24 #336412

• Dov
  • Administrator
Not that it's relevant to you, but I'm like you, too. My addiction is mediocre and my recovery is mediocre. And that's a thing to be faced and accepted, and I do.

I'm so grateful for Hashem's gift to me of the ability to face and accept that. For without it, I'd feel superior to others and it'd all collapse eventually, c"v.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 19 Oct 2018 17:06 #336415

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I remember in the past I was scared of being an addict. I would deny it to the end.

Im probably not an addict even. At best a mediocre one.

These days Im brave and I consider myself an addict. I find that its safer to be a recovering addict that not an addict with a problem. "Becoming an addict" has enabled to me to take overcoming my problem more seriously and I am now #67 days clean. B"h I decided that I may need a bit more support than other ppl in these areas. B"h I decided that I will go out of my comfort zone to solve my issues. B"h I am on the way to "recovery."

Deciding that I am not in control has allowed me to use tools to effectively have the outcome I wanted. Essentially putting me back in control, albeit, without the burden of having to "control" it.

Anyway...

I get inspired from your posts and your sincere resolve in working through this complicated issue.

Hatzlacha!

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 19 Oct 2018 17:50 #336416

• cordnoy
Dov wrote on 19 Oct 2018 16:24:
Not that it's relevant to you, but I'm like you, too. My addiction is mediocre and my recovery is mediocre. And that's a thing to be faced and accepted, and I do.

I'm so grateful for Hashem's gift to me of the ability to face and accept that. For without it, I'd feel superior to others and it'd all collapse eventually, c"v.

II am a full-blown addict, and recovery is nu-nu.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 19 Oct 2018 22:17 #336422

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Been reading workinguy's post. Impressions so far:
  1. He's not an addict
  2. He doesn't realize that CBT can help someone who's not an addict but not an addict
  3. He doesn't realize that addiction is a real disease that cannot be addressed with temporary measures
  4. Is not bipolar and doesn't seem to know much about depression
  5. He is articulate
  6. He is strongly motivated in life by his role of expert who advises others on addiction issues
  7. Is likely threatened by the fact that mzl is now on the forum

Workingguy doesn't realize that when someone says they have a masturbation problem and they explicitly request CBT from GYE users they are being too rigid not helping themselves. They need to be redirected.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 00:32 #336428

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
mzl wrote on 19 Oct 2018 22:17:
  1. He's not an addict
  2. He doesn't realize that CBT can help someone who's not an addict but not an addict
  3. He doesn't realize that addiction is a real disease that cannot be addressed with temporary measures
  5. He is articulate
  6. He is strongly motivated in life by his role of expert who advises others on addiction issues

Workingguy doesn't realize that when someone says they have a masturbation problem and they explicitly request CBT from GYE users they are being too rigid not helping themselves. They need to be redirected.

Since I know workinguy personally, I found your points hilarious. No other way to describe it

About point number 2 - how do you know the guy you're debating about that's doing CBT is an addict? Are you the expert?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 01:06 #336432

• Dov
  • Administrator
This post by mzl, as do many others, openly sets out to be judgemental. I think that posts like those are just click bait. They invite the counter-judgmentalism of all others who (thank-G-d) have enough brains to have a different opinion. 

I'm sure are better ways to discuss life and it's many issues.

I have some considered opinions on CBT and addiction because I have spent a lot of time speaking with addicts who have used it with widely varying results but some interesting commonalities. But writing about them in response to mzl's click bait is probably not a good idea. 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 02:54 #336434

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 21 Oct 2018 01:06:
This post by mzl, as do many others, openly sets out to be judgemental. I think that posts like those are just click bait. They invite the counter-judgmentalism of all others who (thank-G-d) have enough brains to have a different opinion. 

I'm sure are better ways to discuss life and it's many issues.

I have some considered opinions on CBT and addiction because I have spent a lot of time speaking with addicts who have used it with widely varying results but some interesting commonalities. But writing about them in response to mzl's click bait is probably not a good idea. 

Dov,

Especially in this case, I think you’re certainly correct. 

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 02:58 #336437

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
  1. He's not an addict
  5. He is articulate

Mzl,

Thank you for the assessment in seven neat points. If my therapist was as quick and to the point, I could probably save thousands! 

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 04:02 #336442

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 19 Oct 2018 11:56:
Your wife was loving enough to offer to be nice to you right then, but it wasn't good enough for you to just say, "thank you, dear!" and just do what she suggested: go ahead w it to see if it was going to be comfortable enough for her. The humble response. Not to be a begging dog accepting a piteous offer - but a loved friend accepting a gracious gift. That wasn't good enough for you.

And I relate. Have been there. Humility is not always acceptable in the moment and pain drives pride before it, into the soup.

A pity.

You'll probably disagree with this, somehow, tho. Oh, well.

Dov or anyone else, can you elaborate on "The humble response. Not to be a begging dog accepting a piteous offer - but a loved friend accepting a gracious"

Thanks
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 04:11 #336443

• Dov
  • Administrator
Before I write anything useless and off the mark, I PM'd you for a bit of background info.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 10:15 #336450

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Workingguy wrote on 21 Oct 2018 02:58:

1. He's not an addict
  5. He is articulate

Mzl,

Thank you for the assessment in seven neat points. If my therapist was as quick and to the point, I could probably save thousands! 

So far I have only read maybe 5% of what you wrote.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 10:21 #336451

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
My thread is boring.

I'm setting a bad example by living with my wife.

I will try to document the tools I use here and there that have some value. I wrote a little essay on it years ago. I will try to format it somehow and upload it somewhere.

Hope to read the rest of workinguy's posts to see how the story ends.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 10:47 #336454

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Workingguy again made a public statement that I am detrimental to others. This strongly motivates me to read the rest of his posts. Someone who can write to a user "don't listen to X, he is nuts" needs to be thoroughly investigated ...

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 10:53 #336455

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
I am kind of relieved that workingguy wrote a lot, totally different than the rest of this forum. And totally different brain from Dov.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 12:17 #336459

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Still reading workingguy. He was in kollel for a while. Amazing how he was able to convince himself that my comment to a newcomer was an avera. But I guess even gedolim hate and badmouth each other, all the while totally convinced that it's for the sake of Heaven ...
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes