Welcome, Guest

My 90-Day Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My 90-Day Journey 25005 Views

Re: My 90-Day Journey 02 Aug 2015 14:29 #260679

• peloni almoni
  • Platinum Boarder
  • אשר אנכי מצוך היום - there is only today
TalmidChaim wrote:
It was a hard Shabbat, mentally: idle time is my worst enemy. But I made it through, clean, B"H.

reb TC (tim?), i could not agree with you more.especially the shabbosim in the summer that the day goes on forever. being inside is dangerous, and outside is worse.
על זה נאמר: מחוץ תשכל חרב ומחדרים אימה -פרשת האזינו

this year its been especially challenging for me. so its been a few weeks now that right after lunch, i go to shul and just stay there straight. 2 hours i have a chavrusa, i have a half hour chafetz chaim seder, i usually PASS OUT for some of the time, and if by brain is too fried afterwards, i do rashi or say tehilim. its rigorous, but baruch hashem it gets the job done ... and i have no problem falling asleep saturday night.
and although the yaitzer hara does not completely leave me even while i am in shul (the nerve of that ----), its definitely easier -
:אם פגע בך מנוול זה וכו' אם אבן הוא, נמוח. ואם ברזל הוא, מתפוצץ. שנאמר הלא כה דברי כאש נאם ה' וכפטיש יפצץ סלע
Have a corny day ... and if you do have other plans, change 'em!!
peloni_almoni@hotmail.com

None of us has it all together, but together, we have it all.

we always put our sobriety before our ego -
מוטב שאקרא שוטה כל ימי ואל אהיה רשע שעה אחת לפני המקום

לפעולות אדם בדבר שפתיך אני שמרתי אורחות פריץ. תמוך אשורי במעגלותיך בל נמוטו פעמי. תהלים יז
- OVERDOSE OF DOV: READING MATERIAL TO KEEP ME SANE
- THE BEST THREAD ON THE FORUM; READ, POST, AND HAVE A GREAT TIME

Re: My 90-Day Journey 02 Aug 2015 16:38 #260680

• cordnoy
Nice seder!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 02 Aug 2015 22:52 #260699

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Peloni,

We must be cut from the same cloth. I've read that other guys here have the same issues. Good (great) company!

(And not Tim, but thanks for remembering the reference I made. It's from a Monty Python movie.)
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 04 Aug 2015 14:46 #260835

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm realizing that taking things day by day -- not focusing on the long stretch -- makes the days feel longer. The days went quicker when I was focused on getting through 90 days, or whatever. But that never lasted. This might be nonsense. Who knows?

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 14 Aug 2015 20:35 #261818

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a while. I just got back from vacation, and "maintained"'pretty well, if I do say so myself. I think, once again, my weakest moments are during isolation, with lots of idle time. File that under, "No Duh."

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 14 Aug 2015 22:10 #261822

• cordnoy
TalmidChaim wrote:
I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a while. I just got back from vacation, and "maintained"'pretty well, if I do say so myself. I think, once again, my weakest moments are during isolation, with lots of idle time. File that under, "No Duh."

Duly filed
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 18 Aug 2015 16:24 #262112

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm still around, just busy. Doing okay, but gave into temptation alone in bed, without any computer enhancements or anything. An old fashioned fall. This has been happening a lot more lately, and obviously requires a necessary mental adjustment. I'm working on it, and definitely feel more of a disgust before I act out. This might be a sign that I'm seeing things more clearly now. But falls are still not acceptable, however seldom.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 26 Aug 2015 13:17 #262762

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I've been home on daycare detail this week and very busy, which is good. No new insights or anything, just the usual: stay away from empty time.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 17 Sep 2015 13:50 #263989

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Though I'm not one to build up my optimism around important dates, I'm energized about making this New Years meaningful and the beginning of a beautiful recovery!

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 17 Sep 2015 22:57 #264069

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I can resonate with what you are saying. With me, my streak is one of the best things to keep me going. If I can get into a good streak then it usually take something strong to get me down, but when I haven't done so well for a period of time, even a fly can make me fall (ok, not literally, I don't lust for fly's).
The problem is that if I fall easily when I'm not in a good streak ,then how can I build one up? Hence the new year. I put so much effort (well, maybe not so much) into trying to return to Hashem, that I tell myself "come on, this is what your going to do right after Rosh Hashana?!" Iy"H that will be enough (obviously together with the other fences) to get me into a "good streak".
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2015 22:59 by stillgoing.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 18 Sep 2015 01:06 #264082

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree, Stillgoing! The problem for me, in addition to building the momentum in the first place, the air of importance that surrounds big dates, like Rosh HaShana, etc., adds a little pressure to the effort. My biggest streaks have started rather unimportantly, with little expectation.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 07 Oct 2015 04:15 #265203

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have not been down in the computer room that much, which is good. I'm still falling, but less with the computer, though still some, definitely.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 20 Oct 2015 15:45 #266426

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Again, sorry I haven't been on here as much as I want to be, or should be (an apology more to myself). I'm realizing more and more just how much idle time contributes to my addiction. When I'm busy, and have real obligations to tend to, I think about acting out less, and of course, have less time to do so as well. It's a simple "fix," and one I dismissed, maybe, too quickly when I first started here. One of the suggestions GYE makes on the assessment scale section is to make an earnest attempt to occupy one's time. Out of laziness, or even subconscious rebelliousness, who knows, I didn't do this. Of course, temptation still shows up. But when I'm busy, it even quiets down a little. The times that I've fallen since I last posted were basically on days where I was alone, had nothing pressing, and almost consciously decided to act out -- like, "What else am I going to do now?"

This might be a "No Duh" post, so I apologize if the obviousness of it borders on obnoxious. I also don't want to downplay the pull of my addiction, or try to weasel out of the serious work that needs to be done to achieve sobriety. This is just something practical that I need to work on.

And, on top of that, I do feel that a serious character flaw I need to improve is laziness, or, more specifically, procrastination. I'm not going to analyze from where this trait originates, etc.; I'm done psychoanalyzing myself. I just need to improve it. And with it, I think, some of my inclinations might also improve.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2015 15:47 by TalmidChaim.

Re: My 90-Day Journey 20 Oct 2015 16:14 #266430

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Every trait is good!

Procrastination often keeps some of us out of trouble, so thank Gd for that

Hatzlacha ת״ח!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: My 90-Day Journey 20 Oct 2015 17:03 #266436

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
I knowmy skull isso thick and my brain so mushed that even the most basic points need to be hammered in over and over again. Especially the simple ones. They are the easiest to forget.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes