Welcome, Guest

Hashem, please open up the road for me!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 102854 Views

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 22:29 #263942

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
U and one other guy cab have a meeting.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 22:33 #263944

• skeptical
pischoshelmachat
..Until I spoke with a friend who tells me that unless I give myself completely over to the SA program, I cannot tell the RBS"O that I am doing all that I can. In fact, I cannot even say that I am sincerely making an effort because nothing but SA works.

Nonsense.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 22:43 #263946

• cordnoy
skeptical wrote:
pischoshelmachat
..Until I spoke with a friend who tells me that unless I give myself completely over to the SA program, I cannot tell the RBS"O that I am doing all that I can. In fact, I cannot even say that I am sincerely making an effort because nothing but SA works.

Nonsense.

The second half is utter nonsense.

The first half....is not clear. While yes it's true that there is a tool out there that you are not utilizing, but there may be a good reason for it.

Personally from what I know of you, I think there are compromises in the program that you can do and your marriage will remain intact, and perhaps even better.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 22:54 #263947

Hi My Dear Friends,
I have read all your comments. I want to be clear firstly MBJ, I am not looking to give up rather I feel that others here have been successful without attending meetings and if I stick with a reasonable plan for sobriety it should be considered sincere.

9494, I have spoken with people on this very forum who do not go to SA meetings and are clean for over 5 years. They are vigilant in their immediate rejection of any triggers, reaching out to friends when feeling in danger and constantly asking HKB"H for help.
This plan worked until I got complacent.
Reb Cordnoy, please elaborate on some ideas for me. I love Serenity's idea of having my own mini meetings with someone I feel I can completely trust. I have just such a friend. Skep, please elaborate on why you feel it is nonsense. I really need clarity here.
I am sincerely working to gain permanent sobriety and I cannot believe that HKB"H wants me to jeopardize my wife, family, children. My life is not just about myself. I know that not staying sober is worse than SA but I feel there is a way but my Sponsor disagrees.
What should I do?
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2015 22:55 by pischoshelmachat.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 23:35 #263953

• skeptical
pischoshelmachat
I have spoken with people on this very forum who do not go to SA meetings and are clean for over 5 years. They are vigilant in their immediate rejection of any triggers, reaching out to friends when feeling in danger and constantly asking HKB"H for help.
This plan worked until I got complacent.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 17 Sep 2015 00:30 #263955

• cordnoy
pischoshelmachat wrote:
Reb Cordnoy, please elaborate on some ideas for me.

calls
chavrusah in the books
sponsor
seforim with an intense cheshbon hanefesh
stronger guards on devices

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 17 Sep 2015 16:03 #264016

The consensus on this board seems to be unanimous that I don't need to go to SA meetings to work an effective safety program.
So I guess I will have to find a new sponsor to work with who will accept me and work with me without requiring the SA meetings. My current sponsor will no longer work with me unless I commit to meetings.I hope the RBS"O will grant me the good fortune to find a sponsor before Yom Kippur.
I would like to work with someone is over 35 and married with children. Maybe I can work in a chavrusa reading program with him as well as I begin to implement some of Cordnoy's suggestions.
Is anyone out there with some extra time to spend with a seriously committed sponsee?

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 18 Sep 2015 16:35 #264138

A Gitten Erev Shabbos,
Yesterday I reached out to someone on this board who I wanted to speak with for a long time. I am thankful that he agreed to speak with me. I was never zoicheh for him to comment on my thread but I love reading his posts on other threads. If only I could keep motivated to call the many good friends I have here on GYE more often.
Thank you all for your chizzuk.
Have a good shabbos and enjoy the Rabbis Drasha!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 19 Sep 2015 22:28 #264167

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Pischo, I just wanted to say hi. I haven't been so active on the forums of late. It's really nice to see you back. i relate to so much if not all of what you say.
Shlomo

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 21 Sep 2015 22:12 #264385

Thank you Shlomo for saying Hi.
I want to wish all my dear friends here a Gmar Chasima Tova!!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 22 Sep 2015 08:30 #264428

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Gemar Chasim Tova.
May the lows of this year be like the highs of last year.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Sep 2015 17:58 #264555

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
pischoshelmachat wrote:
Until I spoke with a friend who tells me that unless I give myself completely over to the SA program, I cannot tell the RBS"O that I am doing all that I can. In fact, I cannot even say that I am sincerely making an effort because nothing but SA works.
Did your friend klap for Yaetznu Ra yesterday . I would stay away from any advice that is black and white. Each situation is different. Even dov who by his own admission owes his life to SA does not tell anyone they must go. It is a decision that must be made by the addict himself. Don't let anyone bully you.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Sep 2015 19:58 #264702

Thank you Gibbor. How are you doing? It is so nice to hear from you.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 27 Sep 2015 16:43 #264806

Had to come to the office Erev yom to v to get some work done. May hkbh keep me safe.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 27 Sep 2015 17:04 #264809

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Thinking about you P.S.M.
For us preparing for YT is not the Mikva, but the Tikva = hope and courage to do what's right. KOT!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes