Welcome, Guest

Stuff they have or do in England
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Stuff they have or do in England 62880 Views

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 31 Mar 2015 02:55 #251566

• cordnoy
british.jpg
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 31 Mar 2015 17:20 #251590

• Shmeichel
  • Current streak: 980 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Smiling to YOU!
yoe bloke! i have swimming trunks
cheers mate
when going forward gets tough, its merely a sign that you are going uphill, just give more gas
put your sobriety first; before your wife, before your kids, before your avodas HaTorah (except for the 3 that are יעבור ואל יהרג) Without sobriety you won't have any of those things!
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2015 17:20 by Shmeichel.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 17:09 #258315

• cordnoy
israel613120 wrote:
I think pants is a funny word

Hey maybe we should change this thread to stuff they have or do in the States

Like you can go out in pants and vest a be respectable

Or cars have trunks when I thought only elephants do!

What we call beer, you call lager. What we call beer, you call disgusting. This might be mutual.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 17:14 #258317

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
Got a new one today... they call grates hubs...
lets check Webster's to see what a 'hub' is: "the effective center of an activity, region, or network." Now how does that make it to a stovetop? do you do all your activities by the stove? then what the heck are u doing on this site!?!?!?
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 17:46 #258328

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Where else would you make your cholent?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 17:59 #258330

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Guys guys guys,
It ain't a hub. It's a hob.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 18:26 #258331

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
Guys guys guys,

Now, that explains it!

The other day, my wife said: I'm in such pain; the [sorry: thought it meant somethin' else] hit me square in the face. I was kinda perplexed.

Later that evenin', she said that Lady Isabelle (wife of Lord Lucas) invited her and some other socialites for some hob-knobbin'.

Oki.

Last Edit: 01 Jul 2015 18:29 by cordnoy.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 18:33 #258332

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I'll let Shlomo613 translate this.
Just got on que, mate, and this huge lorry just stuck his boot into my bonnet. I leaped out of my auto and a huge row began. Suddenly my American friend sicked and for some strange reason asked for a nappy? He explained that his pants got wet. I thought he was jesting so I looked in my pocket for a soviet, but my mobile fell out so I call up his flat but he was engaged. "Would you like a biscuit?" someone asked me, "not really, my whole wing has fallen off because of this lorry!" We put the wing into a trolley from the nearby sweet shop, and pushed it out of the zebra crossing. Then the lorry driver apologized for causing this diversion in the middle of the town centre and he told me that he was on his way to a chemist's shop, and he had the nerve to ask me to a game of draughts! I told him that I'd rather send my Alsatian on him. He didn't appreacite my humour and called his barrister. Not to be outdone I wrote down his number plate, and told him that he better expect a letter in the post. Then I went to my flat, took the lift to my floor, and put my favourite flannel under the tap, and then placed it on my head. I then ate aubergine that were past the expiry date (yuck!), and fish-fingers & chips, and then went to the gents.
Just wanted to know if you guys in the stolen colony that you call the united states saw my anorak, I've been looking for it with my torch since my mum tided up
Hope you enjoyed, My name is Joe Bloggs

P.S. This Shabbos, is July 4th. A very sad day, - you rebels!

(No, I am not English, -- unless you consider us all to be English rebels
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2015 16:59 by stillgoing.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 19:05 #258338

• shlomo613
  • Platinum Boarder
Hilarious! You have certainly had an eventful day. I must say your English is very good. You are clearly hanging out with the right kind of people. Would it be our Royal Highness or perhaps just a minor squire?

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 19:08 #258339

• shlomo613
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
shlomo613 wrote:
Guys guys guys,

Now, that explains it!

The other day, my wife said: I'm in such pain; the [sorry: thought it meant somethin' else] hit me square in the face. I was kinda perplexed.

Later that evenin', she said that Lady Isabelle (wife of Lord Lucas) invited her and some other socialites for some hob-knobbin'.

Oki.

Very funny Cords! Your wife is certainly well connected. I'm not sure about the k in knobbin'. Does it kind of make up for the missing g?

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 19:28 #258345

• shlomo613
  • Platinum Boarder
Cordnoy, I've been wondering. Do you only drop g's on he end of words with double consonants, or would you even do it for a word like slug or bug or tug?
How about for compound nouns like hog-wash and sang-froid?

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 01 Jul 2015 19:44 #258347

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
Cordnoy, I've been wondering. Do you only drop g's on he end of words with double consonants, or would you even do it for a word like slug or bug or tug?
How about for compound nouns like hog-wash and sang-froid?

Those are all 'ood questions. Wish I would have the knowled'e to answer them. I used to know the rules, but ever since I started postin' from my samsun' phone, and there it was be'innin' to be a pain when i was swipin' to individually type the letters and add the thin'y at the end of each word, it was 'ettin' too complicated, so I said, "for'et it!" it just wasn't worth it. thanks for inquirin' though.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 30 Sep 2015 04:39 #264860

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
American
"My shvigger is amazing, she does so much for us... she like a million dollars"

Englishman
"My mother in law is more incredible! she's like a million pounds"
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 30 Sep 2015 04:42 by Markz.

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 19 Nov 2015 04:42 #269033

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard people use trains a lot in England. Here's a free tip

In a Madrid train station, there were two Jews in the line to buy tickets to Paris. A few people
behind were two Turkish guys quietly watching the Jews, always wanting to play tricks on
them. When the moment came, the Jews bought only one ticket but, to the astonishment of the
Turks, the two of them got on the train.
As it was a non-stop trip, at a certain moment a conductor came into the car and started clipping
the passengers' tickets. The Turks, watching the Jews, started to giggle, certain that the Jews
would be caught. But, to the Turks' amazement, before the conductor could see, the Jews ran
and both went into a single lavatory.
Used to having people in the toilets, the conductor knocked on the door: "Paris, Paris, ticket,
please!" Immediately, the Jews slipped the only ticket they had under the door for the man to
clip it. The Turks were astounded by the trick (and mad, because they had spent money
unnecessarily).
After a few days, Turks could be seen in the line to purchase tickets back to Madrid. The Jews
came a bit later. Of course, the Turks bought only one ticket. What surprised them was that
when the Jews saw it, they left the line without tickets.
Again came the moment when the conductor stepped into the car. The two Turks went for the
toilet right away, the same way the Jews had done before. The Jews sat patiently until the
Turks were in the lavatory. Then, in a flash, they went to the toilet and knocked on the Turks'
door. The Turks immediately slipped the ticket underneath the door. The Jews grabbed it and
dashed into the next lavatory.... .
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Stuff they have or do in England 19 Nov 2015 05:20 #269039

• cordnoy
markz wrote:
I heard people use trains a lot in England. Here's a free tip

In a Madrid train station, there were two Jews in the line to buy tickets to Paris. A few people
behind were two Turkish guys quietly watching the Jews, always wanting to play tricks on
them. When the moment came, the Jews bought only one ticket but, to the astonishment of the
Turks, the two of them got on the train.
As it was a non-stop trip, at a certain moment a conductor came into the car and started clipping
the passengers' tickets. The Turks, watching the Jews, started to giggle, certain that the Jews
would be caught. But, to the Turks' amazement, before the conductor could see, the Jews ran
and both went into a single lavatory.
Used to having people in the toilets, the conductor knocked on the door: "Paris, Paris, ticket,
please!" Immediately, the Jews slipped the only ticket they had under the door for the man to
clip it. The Turks were astounded by the trick (and mad, because they had spent money
unnecessarily).
After a few days, Turks could be seen in the line to purchase tickets back to Madrid. The Jews
came a bit later. Of course, the Turks bought only one ticket. What surprised them was that
when the Jews saw it, they left the line without tickets.
Again came the moment when the conductor stepped into the car. The two Turks went for the
toilet right away, the same way the Jews had done before. The Jews sat patiently until the
Turks were in the lavatory. Then, in a flash, they went to the toilet and knocked on the Turks'
door. The Turks immediately slipped the ticket underneath the door. The Jews grabbed it and
dashed into the next lavatory.... .

If it ain't a toilet, it's a loo.

Time to create page: 0.94 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes