Welcome, Guest

Did it worked for u?
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Did it worked for u? 2763 Views

Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 02:13 #335151

• עד כאן
  • Current streak: 197 days
  • Fresh Boarder
i am struggling to find ppl who tried the TaPHSic method and were successful,  all i read from ppl is that they tried it and failed, i wonder if there is anyone who was able to break free using a Neder, has anyone tried it and were successful? please share, thanks.
איך דארף געבן מיין רצון, דער אייבערשטער געבט דאס איבעריגע
פתחו לי פתח כחודו של מחט, ואני אפתח לכם פתח כפתחו של אולם

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 02:51 #335152

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
עד כאן wrote on 30 Aug 2018 02:13:
i am struggling to find ppl who tried the TaPHSic method and were successful,  all i read from ppl is that they tried it and failed, i wonder if there is anyone who was able to break free using a Neder, has anyone tried it and were successful? please share, thanks.

היי ברוטער

איי העוו אטער סטראגעלס, סארי

מאייבי אסק ״לומד״

In all seriousness - Taphsic has helped some, and I may be able to track one down for you...

Their struggle may be very different to yours. It's like comparing apples to oranges, or Taphsics to Chopstics.
So I suggest we first share some of our story and take it from there
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 03:04 #335153

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Welcome back,

It seems like you signed up 4 years ago.
What has worked for you?
Perhaps share a little more so that people can better advise.

Hatzlocha Rabba
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 03:05 #335154

• עד כאן
  • Fresh Boarder
Markz wrote on 30 Aug 2018 02:51:

היי ברוטער

איי העוו אטער סטראגעלס, סארי

מאייבי אסק ״לומד״

In all seriousness - Taphsic has helped some, and I may be able to track one down for you...

Their struggle may be very different to yours. It's like comparing apples to oranges, or Taphsics to Chopstics.
So I suggest we first share some of our story and take it from there

if you can get me someone who is now clean for a long period, and used the tapshic method, i would really appreciate to listen to his story and how he did, and how it helped him.

thanks.
i like your humor, but what does it have with לומד? 

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 03:11 #335155

• עד כאן
  • Fresh Boarder
lionking wrote on 30 Aug 2018 03:04:
Hi Welcome back,

It seems like you signed up 4 years ago.
What has worked for you?
Perhaps share a little more so that people can better advise.

Hatzlocha Rabba

my story is in the yiddish forum, i am just looking for advice on how the TaPHSic method is being used by ppl who were successful, because as far as i have talked to ppl so far, all of them say they tried and failed, so i would like to know if it ever helped someone, otherwise why even advice other ppl for such method if there is no success on it.

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 03:26 #335156

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
לומד Is a sweet guy and speaks your language

Check him out

guardyoureyes.com/forum/profile/my-profile/userid-9534
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 03:42 #335157

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Taphsic is really intended as a stop-gap measure to help someone break the compulsive cycle of obsession and acting out. By itself it’s not really a long-term solution. Perhaps look around on the site for ways that people have learned to live real life without the need for their “drug”.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 09:20 #335161

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder

You could break free using a neder, but with a lot of conditions. You see that from the halachos of nazir. But you have to figure out whether it's true in your case: you might be the kind that only needs the neder 30 days at a time, and the desire is no longer irresistible: done. Or you might be the lifelong nazir type. If you had to keep your neder for a lifetime, would you consider that "breaking free"?

It won't work unless you are physically afraid of Hashem's retaliation. If you try, you break your neder, and nothing bad happens to your wife or kids, you need another method.

And of course the neder proposed on this web site tries to be "safe", which means it's not the end of the world if you break it. I think that's why you can't find a lot of people raving about it.

If you really wanted to use a neder that works you'd need a neder that you would "confess and regret asap" as soon as you look at or think about a trigger, all day long. It would work but only a madman would try it.

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 10:38 #335162

• cordnoy
It has worked for many on this site and it also has not worked for many.

You might need a lot of persistence and strength and perhaps a lower level of addiction. Who knows?

Godspeed and welcome
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Did it worked for u? 30 Aug 2018 14:00 #335165

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 30 Aug 2018 03:42:
Taphsic is really intended as a stop-gap measure to help someone break the compulsive cycle of obsession and acting out. By itself it’s not really a long-term solution. Perhaps look around on the site for ways that people have learned to live real life without the need for their “drug”.

That can probably be said of (almost?) all methods. True sobriety (usually?) comes from a combination of different methods and a desire and will to make real change. - said the guy who's still going at it.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes