Welcome, Guest

Chanukah Challenge!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Chanukah Challenge! 1808 Views

Chanukah Challenge! 08 Dec 2020 16:00 #358414

• grant400
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chanukah Challenge:

I know some people will have to think about this for a few days so I decided we'll get a head start. All us forum users already know how much we gained and there is to be gained from using this venue properly. We remember that first post wondering if we should risk writing about ourselves, or if anybody would be interested in reading or responding.

Well here is a big welcome and challenge to all of you lurkers out there who need that final push. WE ALL ARE INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SHARE! I'd like to challenge at least one of you per day of chanuka (of course you can start from today) to summon enough courage to make that first post, and change the course of your life forever. Let it be your own small chanuka miracle.

Anyone with ideas how to entice new posters, please post.

I promise I'll give you karma! Just use promo code CHNKACHLNG.

Grant

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 08 Dec 2020 20:10 #358420

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Are old lurkers allowed to participate?
I'll take a glass of woodford any day instead of the karma.
Or an installment in the story time section from you.
Harry's son was a good story.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 08 Dec 2020 22:22 #358421

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Brilliant idea grant,
I lurked around for at least 2 years until the forum only became accessible to users. 

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 08 Dec 2020 23:00 #358422

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 08 Dec 2020 20:10:

Of course old lurkers welcome, if they start posting about their struggles and can help and be helped. Woodford is definitely available instead of karma, virtually of course. But an intoxicated lion?!?

What's this story thing? You want me to make one up? I don't know any Harry or his sons...

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 08 Dec 2020 23:58 #358426

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sooo.... where are these lurkers?

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 00:00 #358427

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Perhaps he meant Chana and her sons? Either way, that would be great bait for a lurker; i.e., stop jumping between 2 worlds (see Melachim A, 18, 21) and throw yourself all in. And smash your yetzer the way you would destroy a bottle of Woodford (I actually prefer Jack or Larceny).
Oh, also tell the lurkers that once they get into shviras hayetzer mode, it will become their "project" so the need for the other outlets that they are afraid of letting go of - actually diminishes. (Big talker, I'm only on day 18....)
You're the man, Grant

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 00:06 #358430

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Anyone to accept the challenge?!?!?

Anyone feeling brave?!?

Anyone with something to share?!?

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 01:33 #358434

• LifeIsbliss
  • Current streak: 1314 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2023 15:11 by LifeIsbliss.

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 01:51 #358438

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Wannabepure2 wrote on 09 Dec 2020 01:33:
I’ll take the challenge to be the first one to post for the first time.

today marked my 173 days clean

i don’t think I was ever an addict (I can not live with that term) but I kept on falling ones every few months never really counted the days I was clean. until 173 days ago when I hit rock bottom did something I would never imagined I would do in my life that’s when I decided I gotta make an end to this.

1 really good tip that helped me a lot and I still do i made a firm commitment to update my chart daily so it keeps my motivation high. I created a user name and long password that I enter manually (didn’t safe it) so it takes about 2 minutes to login and update.

one thing that it really changed my life was that I always lusted never thought that lusting was a real problem as long there are no actions that follow that has stopped with a lot of hard work and the help of gues AND I CAN TELL MY LIFE WAS NEVER AS GOOD AS IT IS TODAY. 

I believe that there are so many people that can use and benefit from gye we really need to spread it.

p.s posted it on my phone so might be some typos 

wannabepure2

MIRACLE #1 BY: Wannabepure2.

173 DAYS! INCREDIBLE! 

Welcome!!! Thank you for joining and posting. You are the very first hero of the challenge! 

I'm going to write something that is 100% true. I just posted on my thread that the past few days I am having a really hard time. Reading your post really helped me. I can't place my finger on it exactly, but I feel encouraged and more confident. Thank you for that.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Last Edit: 09 Dec 2020 01:59 by grant400.

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 02:03 #358441

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 08 Dec 2020 23:00:

Of course old lurkers welcome, if they start posting about their struggles and can help and be helped. Woodford is definitely available instead of karma, virtually of course. But an intoxicated lion?!?

What's this story thing? You want me to make one up? I don't know any Harry or his sons...

Story of Harry's son

Story Time

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 19:21 #358486

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 09 Dec 2020 02:03:

Grant400 wrote on 08 Dec 2020 23:00:

Story of Harry's son

Story Time

@Lionking: Check out the new thread called "The Story Teller". It's a chanukah present.

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 23:08 #358490

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 08 Dec 2020 16:00:
Chanukah Challenge:

I know some people will have to think about this for a few days so I decided we'll get a head start. All us forum users already know how much we gained and there is to be gained from using this venue properly. We remember that first post wondering if we should risk writing about ourselves, or if anybody would be interested in reading or responding.

Well here is a big welcome and challenge to all of you lurkers out there who need that final push. WE ALL ARE INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SHARE! I'd like to challenge at least one of you per day of chanuka (of course you can start from today) to summon enough courage to make that first post, and change the course of your life forever. Let it be your own small chanuka miracle.

Anyone with ideas how to entice new posters, please post.

I promise I'll give you karma! Just use promo code CHNKACHLNG.

Grant

Ok! Yesterday we had miracle #1 by wannabepure2. He accepted the challenge and shared a little of his story with us for the very first time. Thank you wannabepure2! 

WHO WILL BE TODAYS MIRACLE? 

WHICH LURKER WILL HAVE THE COURAGE TO POST FOR THE FIRST TIME?!?!?!?

Please feel comfortable to share. You never know where you can get chizuk from, and who you may encourage. 

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 23:16 #358491

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much! Can't wait for the next installment.

One thing bothers me, I don't recall giving you permission to use my real name?! This site is supposed to anonymous!

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 09 Dec 2020 23:17 #358492

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 09 Dec 2020 23:16:
Thanks so much! Can't wait for the next installment.

One thing bothers me, I don't recall giving you permission to use my real name?! This site is supposed to anonymous!

That was before the COVID era.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Chanukah Challenge! 10 Dec 2020 00:38 #358494

• eved41
  • Current streak: 746 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hi all,

I've been lurking for years.

I started m***ing in high school, not knowing it was wrong. However, I did know that looking at magazines at the same time, which I did, was wrong.

After a member of the Hanhala in my school spoke about the topic, and offered to talk to anyone who wanted to come over to him privately, I did.

After that, I stopped for a number of years. That lasted until a few months after I got married. For me, things got harder then, and I started m***ing again, but not with inappropriate pictures again.

Since then, I have been going in cycles of trying to stay clean, fall, try harder, etc. I don't remember having any clean streak longer than about 50 days, except for one streak that was about 165 days.

Each time I fell, my acting out would get worse.

I reached out via email to R' HHM, who was very helpful, and we spoke on the phone a few times.

I had a long clean streak (I reset it incorrectly, so it was really around 230 days), but with Corona things got harder, and I fell again.

I finally reached out to R' HHM again some 56 days ago, and have been in contact with him each day since then, either via texting or calling. His chizuk and advice is sound.

I'd rather read than post myself, especially since I don't feel that I have so much to offer others.

I like reading many of the older threads, which have lots of great material in them. (I actually bumped a couple of excellent old threads recently.) Many of the newer threads also have good material.

Thank you Grant400 for the push to post.

eved41
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2020 01:06 by eved41.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes