Welcome, Guest

Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24047 Views

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 18:01 #358115

Shtarkandemotional wrote on 02 Dec 2020 17:59:

Youngster wrote on 02 Dec 2020 15:35:
Can I ask you a few questions?
1) do tou feel that without her you dont have why to live for?
2) do you ask her before making a decision on everything?
3) is it very important for you that you agree on almost everything?
4) do you need her in order to be happy? 
5) do you think about her, what she would think, do, approve of, when you do stuff that has nothing to do with her?
6) do you feel you havto share EVERYTHING with her?
7) do you need her approval on everything you do in order to feel good?
8) do you have mixed feelings while answering those questions, trying to figure out out what the right answer should be in order to say that this is indeed a great match, or trying to make excuses why it really is good???
Be honest with yourself...

sometimes I find I want to share stuff with her but I don’t feel I Hvto tell HER EVERYTHING!! Sometimes I think about what she would think about something... and sometimes I’m feeling down and talking to her makes me feel better at times bh (being honest) everything else is a no. 

[p]Ok so I’ll be very honest and it’s your choice if you want to believe me or not... so number 4,5,6 a little bit of yes not fully tho
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 18:04 #358117

anonymousmillenial wrote on 02 Dec 2020 16:48:

I can’t even start to imagine how hard this is for you. 

You're probably thinking to yourself:
"Why do I really need to break up with her? If we go so good together, why can't I just continue? You might argue that it's bad for my yiddishkeit, but I truly feel that I've really grown since I've met her."

Let me tell you, I once went to visit my family, who had a girl about my age. We started talking. I fell in love with her. More precisely, I was totally infatuated by her. I already saw myself together with her. 

Even though my situation wasn't so involved as yours, my point is that I wasn't seeing clearly. Even after not having spoken to her and seeing her for a few weeks and months, I still felt a 'connection'.

I find the problem with these situations is that as long as we're involved, and perhaps as long as we see it as a possibility we aren't able to think clearly.

Therefore, I would highly recommend what has been recommended by the choshuve oilem over here: either seek daas toireh on this issue by someone who knows you and find clarity, and if he tells you to marry her, then fine. Or break it off. 

The situation as is can't continue.

I know it's an extremely hard situation on your part. And the fact that you were able to reach out over here, makes you a true hero. But the fact that you reached out over here shows that you yourself realize that this situation is not optimal. It's probably tearing you up on the inside. That's normal. 

You're at a crossroads where every option is painful. 
1.) Reaching out is extremely hard, especially with the nature of this issue being very sensitive.
2.) Breaking up doesn't even seem possible. How can you get yourself to break up with your best friend, especially if she might be your bashert?
3.) Continuing the way it's gone so far might be the easiest option and that's why it has continued up till now. But you yourself realize that it's not right and it's eating you up on the inside.

At the end of the day, Hashem created each one of us with a moral compass. You know what the right thing is to do, and as long as you won’t follow that inner guide, you’ll feel that bitter aftertaste.

May Hashem give you the inner strength to do what is right in his eyes.

AM

I want to thank YOU! It seems like you understand it very well!I feel like right now I know it’s not right for me I just need help with the break and the outlook of the break etc etc...
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 18:14 #358119

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy to hear! If you feel so then great! 
wishing you much hatzlucha in however you go about this!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 18:17 #358120

Amen!!!!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 19:04 #358128

The road ahead won't be easy.
No one said it will be.
But in the long run it will definitely be worth it.
Just keep hanging around here and there will always be a listening ear or someone willing to help. 
Never hesitate to reach out. 
We're here for you.
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2020 19:05 by anonymousmillenial.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 02 Dec 2020 19:09 #358129

anonymousmillenial wrote on 02 Dec 2020 19:04:
The road ahead won't be easy.
No one said it will be.
But in the long run it will definitely be worth it.
Just keep hanging around here and there will always be a listening ear or someone willing to help. 
Never hesitate to reach out. 
We're here for you.

Wow thanks 

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 06 Dec 2020 15:58 #358274

Hey;) what a fighter you are!

I'd just add to the above mentioned. Just a simple explanation why you shouldn't have a girlfriend. Having a girlfriend without being able to touch her etc is pure torture for a guy so it'll be better without having one. 

This is obviously pary of the many other reasons meantioned above by others. 

Another thing to have in mind, when you break up, do it with a professional guiding you thru.
 Keep us posted
Hatslocho,
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 15:39 #358353

hey all! THANKU ALL for all the tremendous support and tips and ideas... bh I have took the courage to make a date of when I'm ending this relationship... I'm keeping in mind that were gonna revisit the idea when I'm ready for marriage which is bezH 2 years from now... it's such a hard step... I'm wondering how smooth it will go and also since I'm very wishy-washy about it Cuz I know the great potential, it's harder to stick to it I'm gonna try my best bezH ... and hopefully through this step I will grow and become closer to Hashem.. I'm hoping we can all be to support each other through these turbulent times and help me to distract me from the excruciating pain and sadness... thanku all!!!! looking forward to hearing your tips,advice,and support

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 15:44 #358354

Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 06 Dec 2020 15:58:
Hey;) what a fighter you are!

I'd just add to the above mentioned. Just a simple explanation why you shouldn't have a girlfriend. Having a girlfriend without being able to touch her etc is pure torture for a guy so it'll be better without having one. 

This is obviously pary of the many other reasons meantioned above by others. 

Another thing to have in mind, when you break up, do it with a professional guiding you thru.
 Keep us posted
Hatslocho,

YES IT IS!!!! pure torture for a guy!!!!!!! agreed!!! but pure torture to disconnect from such an emotionally connected relationship... one that I never experienced even with a guy... meaning that strong feelings of really having one n other .. so I'm really torn but I think I know the right path uts just the pain is so excruciating especially when since I'm wishy-washy it's not gonna last for long:( I'm hoping I do my part and hashem will take care of the rest! meaning I'll try to stay strong as hard and as long as i can... and bezH hashem will maybe make it easier for me... I'm thinking to post here at every week moment I'm gonna have to text her...

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 17:06 #358358

• grant400
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shtarkandemotional wrote on 07 Dec 2020 15:39:
hey all! THANKU ALL for all the tremendous support and tips and ideas... bh I have took the courage to make a date of when I'm ending this relationship... I'm keeping in mind that were gonna revisit the idea when I'm ready for marriage which is bezH 2 years from now... it's such a hard step... I'm wondering how smooth it will go and also since I'm very wishy-washy about it Cuz I know the great potential, it's harder to stick to it I'm gonna try my best bezH ... and hopefully through this step I will grow and become closer to Hashem.. I'm hoping we can all be to support each other through these turbulent times and help me to distract me from the excruciating pain and sadness... thanku all!!!! looking forward to hearing your tips,advice,and support

Wow! That's amazing! You're really doing the right thing,  although it's almost unbearably painful. There will be hard days when you will wonder if you did the right thing. My friend, that's what we will be here for. Promise to post whenever those feelings arrive! What you are doing is truly heroic and we all want to help you through it and be a part of such a tremendous kiddush hashem.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 18:59 #358364

• yuyu
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Senior Boarder
Shtarkandemotional wrote on 07 Dec 2020 15:44:
I YES IT IS!!!! pure torture for a guy!!!!!!! agreed!!! but pure torture to disconnect from such an emotionally connected relationship... one that I never experienced even with a guy... meaning that strong feelings of really having one n other .. so I'm really torn but I think I know the right path uts just the pain is so excruciating especially when since I'm wishy-washy it's not gonna last for long:( I'm hoping I do my part and hashem will take care of the rest! meaning I'll try to stay strong as hard and as long as i can... and bezH hashem will maybe make it easier for me... I'm thinking to post here at every week moment I'm gonna have to text her...

Wow!! Wow!!! Wow!!! I am so proud of you!!!!

This is so big of you!!!!!

Bravery!!!

Courage to the next level!!!!

You have unbelievable will power in yourself!!!! Never in your future should you forget this! 

I think you will NOT regret this decision!! Keep it up! Hashem has some beautiful plans for you for the future!

You are in the Madreiga of Yosef Hatsadik!! 

You are the pracht  of klal yisroel. I feel privileged to belong in one nation with you! 

Holy bro leave us here Brachos because you have the shchina with you. 
What does a GUN and LUST have in common? 
Remove the trigger, you remove their power. 

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 20:04 #358365

i feel so AMAZING!!! I feel like were all one family caring for each other... it's amazing too see how much people really care and are out there for me.... every single one who posts helps me it gives me the courage to fight the excruciating pain it reassures me I'm not alone I have a support team by my side... !!! my own family cant really support me... you guys are my family... theres NO WAY I can possibly Express my gratitude for GYE and this entire support group!!!! so amazing!!!! guys keep it up! cuz the small comments you make help me tremendously!!! didnt have such a good day today woke up late.... didnt make it to first seder.. I came here saw these reply's it brought so much inner awesome feelings! like people are out there holding my hand along this hard painful excruciating journey!!!!!!! its SO difficult when you LOVE someone so much... but you say it has to end for now... it's like so real... we are there for each other so much!!! any problem I have I know she'll be there for me...emotionally,spiritually,financially,in every way I always know she can give me that pump... if I'm not feeling well emotionally she supports me if I'm not learning well she gives me chizuk if i lost my card and making a 500$ purchase she's there for me call her up she gives me her card number and that's all NO QUESTION about it...P.S. sorry I'm going on and on about this just trying to relive some pain...this will be so hard for me it's like breaking a bond with a loved one! sometimes I really wonder if this is the right thing to do Cuz I tell myself it wont last... the love is so real! it's too hard to stay detached for even a few months straight I'll want to know if she's alive!  i care about her forget about me!! just her i want to know she's ok... that's why i dont see myself lasting but I'm praying and praying praying that hashem should help me and give me and her the strength to pull through... I appreciate every single one of you guys that are out there for me... may hashem answer all our teffilos and may we all have the strength to fight all our intense battles with the yetzer hara !!!!!!!! 

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 07 Dec 2020 21:12 #358367

I just want to echo what everyone else is saying over here.

WOW!!!!

Amazing!! You’re pulling through.
What strength!!
It’s hard.
No.
Scrap that.
It’s excruciating.
The emotional ties that are there are so hard to break through.
But that’s why I’m so really proud of you.

I’ll also second what our dear Grant is saying.
There will be times when you might come to second-guess this decision. You’ll think about her and miss her.
Expect it. It’s part of the package.
But don’t let that hold you back from sticking to your decision. Stay strong.
IY”H it will get easier with time. But, it will take time.

The message, though, is that at those times when you’re feeling all alone, remember, you’re not.
Reach out over here. Let us know how you’re doing, how you’re feeling.

I’m also confident that if you stick to your decision, your level of Avoidas Hashem will go up. You’ll be able to focus better and be more involved in your learning. And even though it’s difficult, deep down you’ll feel good with yourself.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 08 Dec 2020 00:00 #358379

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shtarkandemotional wrote on 07 Dec 2020 15:39:

You’re going out on a last date?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 08 Dec 2020 06:35 #358402

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are unbelievably strong!

I don't know if I were in your shoes I would be able to do what you are doing.

You know what you are doing is the right thing.

Yes, as you realize yourself it is not easy, not easy at all.

Yet you know your time and place.

Your heart is telling you one thing, your head is telling you another.
Life is about choices, it can get extremely confusing but you pulled through and chose to dedicate your next couple of years learn Hashems Torah. To become a better yid.

This is admirable.

May Hashem bench you with all the brachos begashmiyus and beruchniyus
And at the right time, you will find that "special" person.

I really admire your courage!
Hatzlacha rabbah

P.s please update us when you can

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 08 Dec 2020 06:38 by zedj.
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes