Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98599 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Dec 2020 01:02 #359687

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 25 Dec 2020 00:49:

Looking_to_improve wrote on 24 Dec 2020 23:41:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 24 Dec 2020 22:07:
Few days ago I went to a miny restaurant, and the waitress was a 20year old Jewish girl.

She was very nice, and was attractive.
Naturally, in my head I’m like “she wants to have sex with me. I should get her number/flirt with her...”

But then I’m like, maybe not

Like she’d put her hands in her coat pockets and push down, and she looked a bit more pretty.
So at first I’m like, omg she’s doing it for me! She’s super into me.

Then I’m like, maybe she just likes doing that...

Anyway, I definitely have this “lust mentality” which I very much want to change. 
I’m a guy in Yeshiva, I thought I wouldn’t be such a behaima and think about this stuff...

Can I make a suggestion, to try help you out and maybe try change this lust mentality?
I want to preface it by saying that I really appreciate your honesty and truth in how you write.

Perhaps when describing a situation which you struggled in, maybe try spare the details. I didn't find it triggering, but I think your goal should be to try change your mentality like you said, not to suppress your feelings of lust. If you are recalling the details of the situation, a few days later, it may be bringing up more lust within you, which you are trying to suppress, it sounds like you might still be pondering, maybe fantasising about the situation to a degree.

If you were on a diet going into the same restaurant, trying to avoid a certain food, maybe you would say they had a food I'm avoiding, and I did a good/bad job in the moment, I would think this would be a good mindset to stick to the diet. If I describe the smell and the aroma, the icing on the cake, or how the meat sizzled etc. a few days later, it kind of sounds like I want to stick to the diet, yet I'm still recalling the exact thing that's likely to make me want to eat the food more.

Your a great poster, we won't lose out if you leave out a couple of details, but you may gain by not keeping it on your mind for as long.
It's also entirely possible that you are able to analyse your throughts throughout the day without it causing feelings of lust within you. 

I don't think I've conveyed my point so clearly. If I didn't, I can try elaborate some other time.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Got it, shkoyach
I included more details cuz I was pained by the situation.
I was sitting with a friend of mine who was more modern and he wasn’t fazed, and me, the more Yeshivish guy who’s chosen to live more sheltered, is having all these thoughts and going nuts...

He’s like hanging with girls, but I’m in Yeshiva staying away..
I don’t regret my decision. But it’s difficult sometimes...

He's probably desensitized, not something to want to emulate.
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Dec 2020 01:09 #359688

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
mggsbms wrote on 25 Dec 2020 01:02:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 25 Dec 2020 00:49:

Looking_to_improve wrote on 24 Dec 2020 23:41:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 24 Dec 2020 22:07:
Few days ago I went to a miny restaurant, and the waitress was a 20year old Jewish girl.

She was very nice, and was attractive.
Naturally, in my head I’m like “she wants to have sex with me. I should get her number/flirt with her...”

But then I’m like, maybe not

Like she’d put her hands in her coat pockets and push down, and she looked a bit more pretty.
So at first I’m like, omg she’s doing it for me! She’s super into me.

Then I’m like, maybe she just likes doing that...

Anyway, I definitely have this “lust mentality” which I very much want to change. 
I’m a guy in Yeshiva, I thought I wouldn’t be such a behaima and think about this stuff...

Can I make a suggestion, to try help you out and maybe try change this lust mentality?
I want to preface it by saying that I really appreciate your honesty and truth in how you write.

Perhaps when describing a situation which you struggled in, maybe try spare the details. I didn't find it triggering, but I think your goal should be to try change your mentality like you said, not to suppress your feelings of lust. If you are recalling the details of the situation, a few days later, it may be bringing up more lust within you, which you are trying to suppress, it sounds like you might still be pondering, maybe fantasising about the situation to a degree.

If you were on a diet going into the same restaurant, trying to avoid a certain food, maybe you would say they had a food I'm avoiding, and I did a good/bad job in the moment, I would think this would be a good mindset to stick to the diet. If I describe the smell and the aroma, the icing on the cake, or how the meat sizzled etc. a few days later, it kind of sounds like I want to stick to the diet, yet I'm still recalling the exact thing that's likely to make me want to eat the food more.

Your a great poster, we won't lose out if you leave out a couple of details, but you may gain by not keeping it on your mind for as long.
It's also entirely possible that you are able to analyse your throughts throughout the day without it causing feelings of lust within you. 

I don't think I've conveyed my point so clearly. If I didn't, I can try elaborate some other time.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Got it, shkoyach
I included more details cuz I was pained by the situation.
I was sitting with a friend of mine who was more modern and he wasn’t fazed, and me, the more Yeshivish guy who’s chosen to live more sheltered, is having all these thoughts and going nuts...

He’s like hanging with girls, but I’m in Yeshiva staying away..
I don’t regret my decision. But it’s difficult sometimes...

He's probably desensitized, not something to want to emulate.

That’s right. 
He’s the one that’s sheltered living in the dark. 

You’re a Free man!

Granted it’s tough being free. It’s cheaper and easier to stay in prison. But is it a life we want to live for 1 minute?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Dec 2020 01:36 #359692

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I would simply say that you are a high value target to the yetzer horah , no need to look too deeply .
Regarding dating whoever you marry is very lucky .

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Dec 2020 05:08 #359704

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshiva Guy,

1) I fully support writing details, as it gives others chizuk (that they are not the only crazy ones). Additionally, when I articulate my thoughts, they oftentimes become externalized and not cooped up (Nevertheless, this does not diminish the need to remain vigilant of potential triggers). 

2) Not sure I am convinced that your friend did not have similar thoughts. While I agree to the notion that some are desensitized, the fact remains that a healthy male is a healthy male.

3) I must reiterate what i-man said - that due to your gadlus, you are super high on the yetzer hara priority list, so you can reframe the whole matzav L'Shvach. And yes, while you may experience a hirhur here and there while dating, I promise you that the one who gets a yes from you - will be a super lucky girl!

Kol Tuv, brother.

I.M.G.

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Dec 2020 23:57 #359776

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gut vuch,
For whatever reason, I ended up staying at home over Shabbos.
Was fine, had some hirhurim, but generally good bh.
Driving back to Yeshiva tonight, but just found out my tire is a shtikl flat, so could use some chizuk there before driving...

All in all, the last few days home have been well as far as b’Inyanei Shmiras Eynayim/Bris.
I was zoche to do a particular mitzva for which I had come back for, and though there’s more to be done, I can try doing it from Yeshiva.

I won’t be posting about why I came home, if you really wanna know, u can PM me.

Had some feelings of emptiness, questioning the life I’ve chosen... 
But it’s prob cuz I’ve been out of Yeshiva.

Thank you all for the chizuk and support!

YeshivaGuy
Last Edit: 26 Dec 2020 23:58 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 05:45 #359801

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I made it, BH
Going to sleep now.
Looking forward to a week of Mesirus Nefesh b’Avodas HaShem!
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2020 05:45 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 05:46 #359802

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back to the tayvas Noach - your yeshiva.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 14:18 #359833

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 26 Dec 2020 23:57:

Had some feelings of emptiness, questioning the life I’ve chosen... 
But it’s prob cuz I’ve been out of Yeshiva.

YeshivaGuy

Read through your thread. I think it will be crystal clear that you've indeed chosen the right path. I know if I were having doubts I would read your thread. Anything that can cause a person to be motivated to accomplish what you have, is pure unadulterated truth.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2020 14:19 by grant400.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 19:40 #359857

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot of taiva right now.
Currently in bathroom and just finished up...
Ill pull up my pants and leave...(sorry if too graphic)

Was thinking of a girl who really liked me in highschool.
She was “famous” for being very pretty.

I turned her down though. Was so so painful.
And now I’m feeling regrets...
I still remember her number from when she offered it to me 6 years ago...

Just texted her now to see hows she’s been.
But times have changed. 6 years later, she’s not interested in me. 
Im a Yeshiva Guy now. I don’t compare to the guys in her secular college.

Kinda hurts, I’m feeling regret for “missed opportunities”- y’all have no idea what I could’ve done so so so many times.
Somehow I managed, to never have a girlfriend, and to never touch a girl for hanaa.
People thought I wasn’t interested, but I was.
I wish I had the gevura now that I used to have.

There are stories, so so many stories of super insane nisyonos I’ve had, from a young age, and somehow overcame..
Maybe one day I’ll post some for chizuk for the chevra, though it would be hard to avoide triggers, so maybe not.

Its been so difficult my whole life, and somehow I overcame them.
And now that I’m past all those, I feel regret...

I do really hope my wife one day, bezras Hashem, will be proud of me.
And HaShem too.

Thanks for hearing me out,

YeshivaGuy
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2020 20:07 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 20:32 #359862

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hard for me right now. I feel like just giving in...
Oy. I’ll got to the Beis. 
Oy, Ribono Shel Olam, help me be an עבד נאמן.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 20:33 #359864

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Platinum Boarder
If only I could hold onto the coattails of such a tzadik as he enters the heilige bais medrash.....

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 20:36 #359865

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Platinum Boarder
If I was given right now the choice of getting a personal bracha from the gadol hador or being a tiny part of your indescribable zechusim, the latter would be a no brainer....

P.S. Read the amazing "resonate" thread by "Starting." Those quotes never fail...

jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 20:56 #359868

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 27 Dec 2020 19:40:

I do really hope my wife one day, bezras Hashem, will be proud of me.
And HaShem too.

Thanks for hearing me out,

YeshivaGuy

And I hope you are proud of you!

Of course Hashem is, and so will your future wife be although she might not be "proud" she will surely appreciate what a true ben aliyah you are. She or anyone else for that matter doesn't have to know every time you overcame a challenge to see that you are a special person. Someone who is such a true eved ne'eman like yourself, can be seen from a mile away. 

It's not just about what you give up, it's about what you become by giving those things up and you have become a true gadol.

Keep inspiring us! 
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 23:44 #359881

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok Rabboisai,we’re one family.
So here’s the truth:
My chavrusa thinks I just learnt with him a daf Gemara Rashi Tosfos. 
But really, I was dreaming of getting ahold of a hookup app and hooking up with a girl.

Im still “gripped” by the Yetzer, as in, Tov and Ra remain blurred...
But my mind tells me to post this struggle here.

As well, the whole Seder I had a burning taiva to just touch my pants by the “ever” for hanaa. AAAAHHH!!!!
Bh won though.
I just kept my head in the Gemara and got what I could.
My Avoda, I think, was just to make it through
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2020 23:52 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Dec 2020 23:53 #359884

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 27 Dec 2020 23:44:
Ok Rabboisai,we’re one family.
So here’s the truth:
My chavrusa thinks I just learnt with him a daf Gemara Rashi Tosfos. 
But really, I was dreaming of getting ahold of a hookup app and hooking up with a girl.

Im still “gripped” by the Yetzer, as in, Tov and Ra remain blurred...
But my mind tells me to post this struggle here.

Moreinu R Yeshiva Guy,
You did learn a Blatt Gemara w/Rashi and Tosafos.. Yes,you had hirhurim while you learned it,but that doesn't take the Torah away!
I would like to sincerely apologize if my posting in my forum triggered this issue in any way. Please realize that you are way above the chevra on those sites.Hearing a Gibor Koach like you talk like this sounds like me discussing with my friend regarding joining some drunks in the street for a beer. Is it possible I may enjoy the beer? Maybe? But its just not worth laying on the ground where it reeks with all the dirty drunks.
You are amazing and realize that we count on you for Chizuk.
Keep it up!
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes