Welcome, Guest

I'm Finally Here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: I'm Finally Here 51067 Views

Re: I'm Finally Here 28 Aug 2016 23:12 #294466

• birshusi
  • Current streak: 138 days
  • Gold Boarder
Tomorrow morning I leave to Eretz Yisroel. 

I will bli neder daven for all of the members of GYE at the mekomos hakedoshim that I hope to visit, that everyone here should have siyata d'Shmaya in learning to control this yetzer hara and to live healthy, clean, holy lives.

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my journey until this point. Iy"H next Rosh Chodesh Nissan I"ll be back.

Hatzlacha Rabbah GYE!

Re: I'm Finally Here 29 Aug 2016 02:54 #294472

• Abie
  • Expert Boarder
  • למען שמו באהבה
Birshusi wrote on 28 Aug 2016 23:12:
Tomorrow morning I leave to Eretz Yisroel. 

פאר געזונטערהייט

Iy"H next Rosh Chodesh Nissan I"ll be back.

Iy"H next Rosh Chodesh Nissan בירושלים הבנויה

Last Edit: 29 Aug 2016 02:55 by Abie.

Re: I'm Finally Here 29 Aug 2016 18:05 #294485

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Birshusi wrote on 23 Aug 2016 18:25:
My Rebbi didn't tell me to give up GYE. He said that he knows that I tend to obsess about things, especially about my personal shortcomings,
You obsess about your personal shortcomings, but are not a perfectionist?! Hmmmm. I have to think about that one .

Re: I'm Finally Here 30 Mar 2017 16:55 #309719

• birshusi
  • Gold Boarder
I'm back after a gevaldige seven months in Eretz Yisrael. The truth is that it doesn't feel very good to be back on GYE, because it brings back memories and feelings of struggling with the Internet, but I know that I experienced real growth and progress by participating in the GYE community, and that being here acts as a real safeguard from falling.

So I plan be relatively active on the forums over bein hazmanim, and with Hashem's help I'll remain as clean and holy as I was during my time in EY.

Re: I'm Finally Here 30 Mar 2017 16:58 #309720

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
It doesn't feel good to feel normal?

C'mon you're one of us!

gr8 to have you back

Keep on shTeiging 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I'm Finally Here 30 Mar 2017 17:09 #309722

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back!! 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: I'm Finally Here 31 Mar 2017 16:23 #309812

• cordnoy
Welcome back.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I'm Finally Here 02 Apr 2017 12:50 #309874

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Birshusi wrote on 30 Mar 2017 16:55:
I'm back after a gevaldige seven months in Eretz Yisrael. The truth is that it doesn't feel very good to be back on GYE, because it brings back memories and feelings of struggling with the Internet, but I know that I experienced real growth and progress by participating in the GYE community, and that being here acts as a real safeguard from falling.

So I plan be relatively active on the forums over bein hazmanim, and with Hashem's help I'll remain as clean and holy as I was during my time in EY.

Hi Shu
Glad to hear that you did well in E'Y. (I remember being shocked when I settled in my dira and found that my yetzer harah had somehow tracked me down in a new country.) How are the nisyonas back home different then when you were away? Sometimes when we change settings during a good streak, it helps to pinpoint what are the weak points and challenges in our new situation so we can be sure to avoid them and remain as clean as we were.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: I'm Finally Here 03 Apr 2017 20:54 #310015

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Good to see you back.  Bain Hazemanim can be a difficult time.  Posting may help you through it.

Re: I'm Finally Here 04 Apr 2017 08:43 #310081

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Welcome back!

Ah, learning.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: I'm Finally Here 04 Apr 2017 13:54 #310116

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
we are waiting for you here with open arms keep it up 
ain torah k'toras eretz yisroel

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: I'm Finally Here 07 Apr 2017 17:29 #310470

• birshusi
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the warm responses guys. Unfortunately this week was not a clean one. I fell a couple of times. I realize that I'm in some twisted state of acceptance and denial at the same time. I posted a couple days after I got home because I knew that I needed to be on top of things over BH even though I was on a high from being in EY and couldn't see myself falling, but I knew that wasn't the case and that I'd very quickly revert back to the way things have always been once I readjusted to being home. On the other hand, I only posted that one time, because I just didn't want to get all involved in the whole internet struggle thing; I just wanted to live life without being busy with this stuff, and I really thought I could pull it off.

But l'maaseh, this week, especially Wednesday, was really bad. So again I'm back, and my job now is to come up with a strategy to stay clean for the rest of BH.

Re: I'm Finally Here 07 Apr 2017 17:32 #310471

• birshusi
  • Gold Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 02 Apr 2017 12:50:

Birshusi wrote on 30 Mar 2017 16:55:

Hi Shu
Glad to hear that you did well in E'Y. (I remember being shocked when I settled in my dira and found that my yetzer harah had somehow tracked me down in a new country.) How are the nisyonas back home different then when you were away? Sometimes when we change settings during a good streak, it helps to pinpoint what are the weak points and challenges in our new situation so we can be sure to avoid them and remain as clean as we were.

The internet is my biggest issue; I struggle with shmiras einayim in the street just like everyone else, but my internet struggles are far more challenging and destructive.
Not having internet access in EY made that nisayon obsolete; I was a dry drunk. Bein Hazmanim means the nisayon is back.

Re: I'm Finally Here 09 Apr 2017 04:45 #310505

• cordnoy
Birshusi wrote on 07 Apr 2017 17:29:
Thanks for the warm responses guys. Unfortunately this week was not a clean one. I fell a couple of times. I realize that I'm in some twisted state of acceptance and denial at the same time. I posted a couple days after I got home because I knew that I needed to be on top of things over BH even though I was on a high from being in EY and couldn't see myself falling, but I knew that wasn't the case and that I'd very quickly revert back to the way things have always been once I readjusted to being home. On the other hand, I only posted that one time, because I just didn't want to get all involved in the whole internet struggle thing; I just wanted to live life without being busy with this stuff, and I really thought I could pull it off.

But l'maaseh, this week, especially Wednesday, was really bad. So again I'm back, and my job now is to come up with a strategy to stay clean for the rest of BH.

Sorry to hear.

SoI what is the strategy?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I'm Finally Here 09 Apr 2017 16:59 #310536

• birshusi
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 09 Apr 2017 04:45:
Sorry to hear.

SoI what is the strategy?

I don't have one yet.

I've considered a taphsic, but I'm scared...

Otherwise I've been on the forums a lot.

Any suggestions?
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes