Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 150253 Views

Re: Big Steps 10 Nov 2015 18:33 #268308

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
Shlomo24 wrote:
i hate to get all serious on a "funny" thread (#ouch #imgonnagetburnedforthis) but it's nice and all to say we are tzadikim but we kinda aren't. we may be people who have changed a ton and we good be good people, but tzadikim! i think that is a stretch. (btw this has always bothered me but i never commented till now). if "x" is a tzadik then what was r' aryeh levin, an uber-tzadik? praise is like a teabag, the more you use it the less powerful it is.
Who is a Tzaddik?
בן בנו של ר׳ יהושע בן לוי ראה עליונים למטה ותחתונים למטה - כי אותם שהם גדולים בתורה ובמעשים טובים בעוה״ז והיה בכח וחוק הכנתם לעשות יותר ולא עשו, הם בעוה״ב למטה מן מדרגת התחתונים ושפלים מהם שלא השיגו לעשות כל מה שעשו הם ולא נמנעו אלא מפני מיעוט הכנתם.
(מבי״ט בהקדמה לס׳ בית אלהים)

Which essentially means that you can be in עוה״ב greater than R Shlomo Kanievsky and even than his father מורינו הג״ר Chaim שליטא or his great-grandfather R Aryeh Levin ז״ל. How are we to know???
(We can however safely assume that these forementioned tzadikim בכח וחוק הכנתם לעשות יותר והם עושים)

I consider someone like yourself our dear Shlomo - that has made great personal strides - as a great צדיק, and we avidly keep tabs on you and follow your truck religiously.

Worried about wringing the teabag of praise?
Another צדיק of ours (Cord') has a truckload of tea, so don't worry about that

And I need to mention one thing which my Gabbai alluded to

All us strugglers and lustaholics have deep emotions.
I will get very upset if someone makes light of compliments that i mentioned

Let NO ONE turn around and say "I'm not the צדיק you think i am..." Not you or Cord' or anyone. Not here not in the having fun forum or anywhere.

Personal negative shares are fine, that's what we all do, but personality determinations? We need positive input, and it's real

KO TLC

i hear your point and i always thought u were being sincere, it's something that i don't like using and i also don't like when ppl call me a lot of praises, i can't stand that. i really don't like kiss ups. (i am not insinuating that anyone here is one).

on the other hand one of the most meaningful compliments i ever recieved was from my rebbi who texted me "my pleasure, tzadik" in response to me thanking him for something. i felt really good inside b/c i really looked up to him and he doesn't throw around praise. if he said it then he meant it, even if he meant it in a "tzaddikle" way as opposed to a "righteous" kinda way. aight. i am done talking abt this. i don't like when my thread has controversy or arguments on it.

love you all. (that one was for you mark)
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2015 18:34 by shlomo24.

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 03:36 #268689

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Today was day 90. YAY!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 03:41 #268691

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
congratulations.gif
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 04:13 #268696

• peloni almoni
  • Platinum Boarder
  • אשר אנכי מצוך היום - there is only today
Shlomo24 wrote:
Today was day 90. YAY!

a celebratory pun:

ea805c672853fb021526ab9b90edf1d639775f3a0f994ebf0792992041d116a4_1.jpg

and just for you today, i will include your responsatory pun:

punny-jokes.jpg

we call this:

662a9293264dae6259a4b5865bc41612.jpg
Have a corny day ... and if you do have other plans, change 'em!!
peloni_almoni@hotmail.com

None of us has it all together, but together, we have it all.

we always put our sobriety before our ego -
מוטב שאקרא שוטה כל ימי ואל אהיה רשע שעה אחת לפני המקום

לפעולות אדם בדבר שפתיך אני שמרתי אורחות פריץ. תמוך אשורי במעגלותיך בל נמוטו פעמי. תהלים יז
- OVERDOSE OF DOV: READING MATERIAL TO KEEP ME SANE
- THE BEST THREAD ON THE FORUM; READ, POST, AND HAVE A GREAT TIME

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 04:21 #268697

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo you don't know what Zechus you have even on day 90 saving another Jew from filth

Mr Peloni Almoni has amassed a stockpile of dirty pictures and almost dropped it on all of us. Trust me.
Instead he drew such cute pictures for you

Kol hacavod

Now I'm going to the forum to tell everyone - Shlomo made it!!!!!!!!!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 04:47 #268705

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Mazel Tov, Shlomo!!! May you go from strength to strength or surrender to surrender, as the case mat be!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 15:20 #268718

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations! A big step for man, a larger step for mankind
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 15:27 #268719

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote:
Today was day 90. YAY!

Continued hatzlachah.

You da man!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 16:49 #268730

• peloni almoni
  • Platinum Boarder
  • אשר אנכי מצוך היום - there is only today
eslaasos wrote:
Congratulations! A big step for man, a larger step for mankind

... and one hell of a jump for a bird. (do toucan's fly? צ"ע)
Have a corny day ... and if you do have other plans, change 'em!!
peloni_almoni@hotmail.com

None of us has it all together, but together, we have it all.

we always put our sobriety before our ego -
מוטב שאקרא שוטה כל ימי ואל אהיה רשע שעה אחת לפני המקום

לפעולות אדם בדבר שפתיך אני שמרתי אורחות פריץ. תמוך אשורי במעגלותיך בל נמוטו פעמי. תהלים יז
- OVERDOSE OF DOV: READING MATERIAL TO KEEP ME SANE
- THE BEST THREAD ON THE FORUM; READ, POST, AND HAVE A GREAT TIME

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 17:17 #268734

Mazel tov Shlomo on 90 days. Happy for you.
Please share your secret to success.

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 17:59 #268739

• eslaasos
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
Shlomo24 wrote:
i hate to get all serious on a "funny" thread (#ouch #imgonnagetburnedforthis) but it's nice and all to say we are tzadikim but we kinda aren't. we may be people who have changed a ton and we good be good people, but tzadikim! i think that is a stretch. (btw this has always bothered me but i never commented till now). if "x" is a tzadik then what was r' aryeh levin, an uber-tzadik? praise is like a teabag, the more you use it the less powerful it is.
Who is a Tzaddik?
בן בנו של ר׳ יהושע בן לוי ראה עליונים למטה ותחתונים למטה - כי אותם שהם גדולים בתורה ובמעשים טובים בעוה״ז והיה בכח וחוק הכנתם לעשות יותר ולא עשו, הם בעוה״ב למטה מן מדרגת התחתונים ושפלים מהם שלא השיגו לעשות כל מה שעשו הם ולא נמנעו אלא מפני מיעוט הכנתם.
(מבי״ט בהקדמה לס׳ בית אלהים)

Which essentially means that you can be in עוה״ב greater than R Shlomo Kanievsky and even than his father מורינו הג״ר Chaim שליטא or his great-grandfather R Aryeh Levin ז״ל. How are we to know???
(We can however safely assume that these forementioned tzadikim בכח וחוק הכנתם לעשות יותר והם עושים)

I consider someone like yourself our dear Shlomo - that has made great personal strides - as a great צדיק, and we avidly keep tabs on you and follow your truck religiously.

Worried about wringing the teabag of praise?
Another צדיק of ours (Cord') has a truckload of tea, so don't worry about that

And I need to mention one thing which my Gabbai alluded to

All us strugglers and lustaholics have deep emotions.
I will get very upset if someone makes light of compliments that i mentioned

Let NO ONE turn around and say "I'm not the צדיק you think i am..." Not you or Cord' or anyone. Not here not in the having fun forum or anywhere.

Personal negative shares are fine, that's what we all do, but personality determinations? We need positive input, and it's real

KO TLC

Mark,

If we aren't doing personality determinations, then we ain't tzadikim either - and that's probably truer.

I get positive reinforcement, but let's not get carried away.

Please prove me wrong...
Quotes that speak to me
What do we replace it with....Life (Cordnoy)
My Thread    My Other Thread

Re: Big Steps 16 Nov 2015 19:39 #268752

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank y'all for the chizuk. much appreciated

Re: Big Steps 17 Nov 2015 18:33 #268855

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I realized something on sunday. I don't really lust after women. In recent memory there was a very revealing photo of a women that got me triggered. but for the most part i just don't get that rush when i see an attractive women. an attractive man and i'm head over heals but women are different for me. i am actually happy abt this b/c when i get married iy"h i don't have to bring lust into the bedroom. sex could be abt sex. obviously time will tell but i spoke with a member who has a similar situation to me and he says that he doesn't have lust in the bedroom.
i am very proud of myself that i am not ashamed to say this and that i can honestly be happy with what god gave me.

Re: Big Steps 23 Nov 2015 04:57 #269360

• skeptical
Happy Belated 90 Wishes!

Mazel Tov!!

Toucan keep on keeping on!

Re: Big Steps 23 Nov 2015 17:18 #269402

[quote="Shlomo24" post=268855]I member who has a similar situation to me and he says that he doesn't have lust in the bedroom.

cant resist the urge to share my experience.... so to me lust includes the obsession with sex...
so things like thinking about what will happen in bed or what happened in bed...when will it happen again....are all part of the machalah!
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes