Welcome, Guest

MZL on the 90-day highway
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MZL on the 90-day highway 78612 Views

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 12:20 #336460

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Still reading workingguy. Around 2016 he had was viewed with suspicion by 12-step people because he's not a 12-step guy. Even worse, he tried it and moved on. That makes someone super bad in their eyes.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 12:34 #336461

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Stillreading workingguy. He is very refreshing because he writes about the details of his problems (2016). He doesn't use the forum as a horrible dangerous place with which to connect to other people to find the right person to save him. People can actually read about the details of his issues and then watch what happens to him later.

Also, not a lot of use of metaphors or analogies, like "bringing things into the light" or whatever.

He reminds me of the Ramchal when he talks about the nonsense that people do to become holy and says that reason cannot accept it.

Workingguy is a little short on actual cbt skills, and definitely doesn't understand depression, but that's not his fault.

Another thing I thought is that he's a nice Jewish boy, totally not like me.

Still brought shame on himself by smearing my name to others, basically because he doesn't understand what he's looking at. It would only be the 10,000th time somebody misunderstood something I said or did ...

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 13:05 #336463

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
To all the chaverim who have been debating in this thread over the last period of time. A personal request from someone who has appreciated many of your (all three of you) posts and has personally received chizuk from two of you. Please dont use the forum as a public place to analyze other people or criticize them. I have made similar requests from others in the past. Lets not forget that new people arrive at GYE daily and are looking for chizuk and advice. We cannot afford that a newcomer leave on day one after seeing that the forum is full of personal arguments (and even a disparaging comment about rabbonim). Besides which, why should we sully the holy GYE site with possible onaas devorim? Usually i would send such a request as a private message in order not to cause any embarrassment or discomfort, but i hope that my public request will just stop everyone from continuing this unhealthy discussion. Of course everyone is entitled to continue their agendas via email or private messaging. My apologies if i caused anyone any offense. I read this post a few times to see if i could phrase things in the nicest way possible.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 13:26 #336465

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
HHM I emailed you 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 13:52 by Markz.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 13:55 #336467

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Here's a lovely post by workingguy where he tells someone that he intends to do will not work:

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/237361-I-want-to-improve-my-life-for-good?limit=15&start=75#276230

So it's okay for him to do it.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 14:00 #336468

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 21 Oct 2018 13:05:
To all the chaverim who have been debating in this thread over the last period of time. A personal request from someone who has appreciated many of your (all three of you) posts and has personally received chizuk from two of you. Please dont use the forum as a public place to analyze other people or criticize them. I have made similar requests from others in the past. Lets not forget that new people arrive at GYE daily and are looking for chizuk and advice. We cannot afford that a newcomer leave on day one after seeing that the forum is full of personal arguments (and even a disparaging comment about rabbonim). Besides which, why should we sully the holy GYE site with possible onaas devorim? Usually i would send such a request as a private message in order not to cause any embarrassment or discomfort, but i hope that my public request will just stop everyone from continuing this unhealthy discussion. Of course everyone is entitled to continue their agendas via email or private messaging. My apologies if i caused anyone any offense. I read this post a few times to see if i could phrase things in the nicest way possible.

Fine, I'll stop reading workingguy. I got through the first 10% of his posts. Maybe some day I'll find out how it ends.

I'm doing it for you because you clearly are not convinced that you are a genius.

Having done all this homework I stand by my comment to the newcomer. And I am not impressed by workingguy. At least not by the first 10% of his posts. Some day I will be vindicated.

Hugely underestimated yet again ...
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 14:01 by mzl.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 14:41 #336471

• cordnoy
mzl wrote on 21 Oct 2018 12:34:
Stillreading workingguy. He is very refreshing because he writes about the details of his problems (2016). He doesn't use the forum as a horrible dangerous place with which to connect to other people to find the right person to save him. People can actually read about the details of his issues and then watch what happens to him later.

Also, not a lot of use of metaphors or analogies, like "bringing things into the light" or whatever.

He reminds me of the Ramchal when he talks about the nonsense that people do to become holy and says that reason cannot accept it.

Workingguy is a little short on actual cbt skills, and definitely doesn't understand depression, but that's not his fault.

Still brought shame on himself by smearing my name to others, basically because he doesn't understand what he's looking at. It would only be the 10,000th time somebody misunderstood something I said or did ...

Mr. Mzl, as a prelude to our coffee date (which you still didn't accept), can you go thru my old posts and comment please? Two main threads, tryin' and mikvah night are in my signature. Comment please on this thread or those. I'd love to have an outsider chime in. Thanks so much.

Godspeed!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 14:51 #336473

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 21 Oct 2018 14:41:

mzl wrote on 21 Oct 2018 12:34:

Mr. Mzl, as a prelude to our coffee date (which you still didn't accept), can you go thru my old posts and comment please? Two main threads, tryin' and mikvah night are in my signature. Comment please on this thread or those. I'd love to have an outsider chime in. Thanks so much.

Godspeed!

Hey!

If he reads your threads, he won’t be able to finish mine, and he’s only ten percent done! 

Can I join the coffee date? 

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 15:29 #336475

• Dov
  • Administrator
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

That fellow never accepted the coffee date with me either. Guessing it's a pattern w mzl,  'always a bridesmaid...

It's still open, and workinguy can join cordnoy w me and I'm sure a nice time will be had by all. Done it before, will do it again.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 16:13 #336476

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
I accepted hypothetically. I think we are in different time zones, and my wife gets very upset if I disappear.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 16:14 #336477

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
There should be on finally getting off your tuchus to do useful things around the house.

The diet stands if and only if I do strenuous exercise.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 16:16 #336478

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Very funny, ha ha

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 16:34 #336480

• cordnoy
mzl wrote on 21 Oct 2018 16:13:
I accepted hypothetically. I think we are in different time zones, and my wife gets very upset if I disappear.

Time durin' the day?

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 17:32 #336481

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 21 Oct 2018 16:34:

Time durin' the day?

I don't understand. I mean can't take days off to fly somewhere to have coffee with people.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 21 Oct 2018 17:33 #336482

• cordnoy
mzl wrote on 21 Oct 2018 17:32:

cordnoy wrote on 21 Oct 2018 16:34:

Time durin' the day?

I don't understand. I mean can't take days off to fly somewhere to have coffee with people.

I will pm you.

Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes