Welcome, Guest

Succeeding at 90 again
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Succeeding at 90 again 10596 Views

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 17:31 #328227

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 13 Mar 2018 14:29:

Voctave wrote on 04 Mar 2018 05:59:
Hopefully I can find someone to chat with about this. Besides that, hopefully I can establish as a habit that whenever I have an urge, I take 10 minutes to read posts here and post myself. Honestly, I'm not sure just going to try different things. 

hi voctave, a taphsic might enable you to do that ! check it out ! youre certainly headed in the right direction ,chazak!

#adviceorshare?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 17:31 #328228

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 13 Mar 2018 15:46:
i forgot to mention that a serious working of Tefila is essential!

#adviceorshare?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 17:55 #328229

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
And KARL MARKZ IS BACK  BIGGER AND BADDER THAN EVER !!!
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 18:05 #328231

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I wish I could change myself 1%. No clue how. Any tips?

btw I was never away, simply submerged - mediation and deep breathing helps

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 13 Mar 2018 18:06 by Markz.

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 22:53 #328245

• cordnoy
Markz wrote on 13 Mar 2018 18:05:

Initially, I was gonna write: I don't know about changin' myself, but I changed my actions.

ThenThen I thought that changin' my actions actually changed myself.

Then I thought that changin' myself caused me or allowed me to change my actions.

Bottom line: I don't know, but workin' thru the steps definitely helped me in the changin' department.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 13 Mar 2018 23:24 #328252

• lifebound
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 13 Mar 2018 22:53:

Markz wrote on 13 Mar 2018 18:05:

Initially, I was gonna write: I don't know about changin' myself, but I changed my actions.

ThenThen I thought that changin' my actions actually changed myself.

Then I thought that changin' myself caused me or allowed me to change my actions.

Bottom line: I don't know, but workin' thru the steps definitely helped me in the changin' department.

Regarding all this talk about changing:
Just last night I discovered the Serenity Prayer, which is apparently well-known in the 12-step/recovery world. Could be y'all know it but I had never seen it before. I found it very meaningful:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 
the courage to change the things I can, 
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Last Edit: 14 Mar 2018 05:13 by lifebound.

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 08 Apr 2018 01:52 #329313

• voctave
  • Junior Boarder
B"h have been going strong the past few days. However the past day or so I have had this feeling/urge of relapsing. I have tried working out, breathing and etc but it's still thwre nagging and getting stronger. What do you do get over those that feeling? 

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 09 Apr 2018 11:28 #329384

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2845 days
  • Platinum Boarder
When that happens to me, i call someone. It helps . Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 01 Oct 2018 21:06 #335889

• voctave
  • Junior Boarder
Hey guys,
I'm back. I thought I wouldn't need this support group anymore because I was trying new strategies. This worked for a while but it has ultimately failed (again) and I feel as if I am back at square one. I feel annoyed, angry, and don't have that hopeful joy I have had when I started down the path the previous times. I am meditating every day which is really helpful and i'm looking into going to daven in a minyan every day as a way to check on myself and ask god for help. However, despite these habits which are really helping, I feel lost in a sea of constant worry and problems. Also, I am having a harder and harder time coming up with excuses for this behavior to make me feel better about myself, which, in turn, makes it even harder for me to keep this secret from my family. However, I know that if I tell them it will ruin my relationship with them and their image of who I am. I know that sounds selfish, in a sense, but I don't know how else to approach that dilemma. 
Sorry for the wall of text, just relapsed a few days ago and am feeling the brunt of the depression and anger that comes with it.
Thank you guys for being here and I, bli neder, hope to reciprocate and be here more for others.

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 03 Oct 2018 12:00 #335912

• cordnoy
Welcome back,

I'm no expert, especially when I hardly know you (besides fromI your posts in this thread, which I just read again since the big innin'), but it seems to me that you would really gain from communicatin' with someone about thisI on a personal level.

Godspeed!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 03 Oct 2018 12:02 #335913

• voctave
  • Junior Boarder
Unfortunately today I relapsed again. I think it was due to the fact that I have not been sleeping well the past few weeks and constantly feel tired. In addition, I didnt meditate in the morning as I should've or Davened like a planned because I was tired. My goal is to have a set morning routine that I do no matter what, even if I sleep 30 minutes. I do this routine as soon as I wake up. On the other hand,  I feel like it is pointless because I have anyways committed all these acts for years upon years and have kept this a secret from my family and will have to tell my future wife which will ruin any chance of getting married. What do I do? Is there even a chance for me at a happy future? How do I even approach this problem with my family and etc? 

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 03 Oct 2018 13:35 #335917

• KoachCheshvan
  • Current streak: 20 days
  • Senior Boarder
Voctave, yesterday, I was feeling out of sorts and anxious, and stumbled on to this article on the GYE site, which I thought was helpful.

guardyoureyes.com/articles/prevention/item/how-to-become-an-addiction-free-person?category_id=400

What I like about the article is that it offers a change in perspective..a perspective more of simcha than of burden and despair. 

Re: Succeeding at 90 again 03 Oct 2018 13:52 #335918

• voctave
  • Junior Boarder
thank you! that is a very interesting article.
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes