Welcome, Guest

My Book of Business
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Book of Business 136628 Views

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 19:05 #318601

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
New Person wrote on 10 Aug 2017 18:12:
Nu, what did you learn from yesterday? share with us.

i learned big time, that everything is about control, and when there is control, there is everything, Control our thoughts, our doings, our eyes, and our will power, we should have the רצון to have a רצון........ and thats what keeps me out of the mud, day-by-day, 
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 19:19 #318604

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shivisi_Hashem wrote on 10 Aug 2017 19:05:

i learned big time, that everything is about control, and when there is control, there is everything, Control our thoughts, our doings, our eyes, and our will power, we should have the רצון to have a רצון........ and thats what keeps me out of the mud, day-by-day, 

Apikorsus - Man!!

You mean to say you managed without gye, and only control?
I don't believe you - sorry bro
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:00 #318608

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 10 Aug 2017 19:19:

Apikorsus - Man!!

Are you nuts??? how did i learn how to control myself, other then from GYE???? other then from you??? 
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:04 #318609

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shivisi, you sound BH great. You are feeling what its like b'ezras Hashem to be able to be in control and stand up to the monster. The term being in control is not contradictory with surrendering to Hashem. Keep up the great work.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:07 #318610

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please do not call KarlMarks a monster  

Thank you
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:15 #318611

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Shivisi_Hashem wrote on 10 Aug 2017 20:00:

Apikorsus - Man!!

Are you nuts??? how did i learn how to control myself, other then from GYE???? other then from you??? 

Good luck with control.
I gave up all control to Hashem.
I just take the next right action.

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:19 #318612

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
GrowStrong wrote on 10 Aug 2017 20:15:

Apikorsus - Man!!

Good luck with control.

and the next right action comes with?....... CONTROL, yes, CONTROL, and of course with the the help of hashem, i cant breath, eat, walk, move and act out without the help of hashem....

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 20:20 #318613

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 10 Aug 2017 20:04:
Shivisi, you sound BH great. You are feeling what its like b'ezras Hashem to be able to be in control andstand up to the monster. The term being in control is not contradictory with surrendering to Hashem. Keep upthe great work..

Last Edit: 10 Aug 2017 20:21 by Shivisi_Hashem.

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 21:08 #318622

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Shivisi_Hashem wrote on 10 Aug 2017 20:19:

GrowStrong wrote on 10 Aug 2017 20:15:

Apikorsus - Man!!

Good luck with control.

and the next right action comes with?....... CONTROL, yes, CONTROL, and of course with the the help of hashem, i cant breath, eat, walk, move and act out without the help of hashem....

Not for me.
I dont have any control.
For me it comes from acceptance (that i have no control), willingness (to take the next right action) and surrender (to Hashems Will and Control of everything)

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 21:44 #318625

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

Apikorsus - Man!!

#1 Im Nuts
#2 I still disagree with your comment that "everything is about control". If control without utilizing gye is everything, please take a short 72 hour brake [intentional Trucking misspell] and let us know how it went
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 10 Aug 2017 21:45 by Markz.

Re: My Book of Business 10 Aug 2017 23:24 #318628

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
There's absolutely nothing wrong with control. It doesn't work for me because I'm an addict. For non-addicts, if it works, work it. Keep up the great work, Shivsi.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: My Book of Business 11 Aug 2017 15:20 #318660

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 10 Aug 2017 23:24:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with control. It doesn't work for me because I'm an addict. For non-addicts, if it works, work it. Keep up the great work, Shivsi.

Sometimes us non-addicts can feel a little bullied on the forum so thank you. It means a lot for an addict to support and encourage non addicts to take control rather than try to convince them to join the club and surrender.
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2017 15:54 by LifneiHashem.

Re: My Book of Business 11 Aug 2017 16:47 #318666

• cordnoy
LifneiHashem wrote on 11 Aug 2017 15:20:

Shlomo24 wrote on 10 Aug 2017 23:24:

Sometimes us non-addicts can feel a little bullied on the forum so thank you. It means a lot for an addict to support and encourage non addicts to take control rather than try to convince them to join the club and surrender.

Time for separate sites. [Ed. Note: the previous note was said in jest and is purely sarcastic.]

Sometimes us addicts can feel bullied as well. When I see that "all we need to do is control ourselves," I feel bullied, for I have little control. When I see that "all we need to do is surrender, for we have no control," I feel bullied, for do I really have "no control"?

Did I once have control?
Do I have now?
What does control mean anyway?

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My Book of Business 11 Aug 2017 17:04 #318668

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I liked your post, Cordnoy. I still don't know how surrender works or the ins and outs of control. But the beauty of this program is that I don't need to know and at this point I don't even care. I've become much more practical. If it works I do it, if it doesn't I don't. That's all.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: My Book of Business 11 Aug 2017 20:07 #318678

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I think the point that whoever it was was trying to make is that you learn how to control your decisions. It may not be true for addicts, but I don't know- even for 12 steppers it never jumped into your head "I'd love to act out, on second thought nah, it would be stupid."

That's a form of control; you may not be IN control but at that moment you might be controlllkng your decisions. 

It may be your higher power helping you, but ultimately you're the one who does the action to doesn't. And if you ever make a choice not to, you controlled yourself.

I always understood that 12 steps was trying to say that we had to relinquish control of our lives and stop trying to control our addiction. It didn't mean that in a specific decision we didn't have control.

But I'm not sure if this is only for non-addicts or not. 
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes