Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Journey... 17506 Views

Re: My Journey... 30 Dec 2016 14:23 #301631

• cordnoy
newbeginning wrote on 30 Dec 2016 13:45:
Nope but I'm hoping the mentoring will come through GYE and finding a sponsor/mentor with someone who lives locally over time. I have messaged Guard to see if he can put me in contact with anyone in London.

Doubt it will happen, but good luck
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My Journey... 30 Dec 2016 14:24 #301632

• cordnoy
newbeginning wrote on 30 Dec 2016 13:47:
I would love to get rid of Facebook. But I have so many nice memories/pictures that I feel like I can't just delete it. I get invited to events / friend social events / Jewish events on Facebook so if I suddenly deleted it I feel like I would miss out on so much, plus its one of the only ways I use to contact lots of friends.

I believe the answer for me is limiting it, so as well as my taphsic method I have a list of precautions which I am going to PG stick to e.g. Going on FB once in morningg for 5 mins and once in evening, than i won't be carelessly browsing.

Half measures are of no avail.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: My Journey... 30 Dec 2016 14:34 #301634

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think he hangs out outside Buckingham Palace
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My Journey... 30 Dec 2016 14:53 #301643

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
newbeginning wrote:
I would love to get rid of Facebook. But I have so many nice memories/pictures that I feel like I can't just delete it. I get invited to events / friend social events / Jewish events on Facebook so if I suddenly deleted it I feel like I would miss out on so much, plus its one of the only ways I use to contact lots of friends.

I believe the answer for me is limiting it, so as well as my taphsic method I have a list of precautions which I am going to PG stick to e.g. Going on FB once in morningg for 5 mins and once in evening, than i won't be carelessly browsing.

We have lots in common 

I also have so many nice memories
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: My Journey... 30 Dec 2016 14:56 #301644

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
I think he hangs out outside Buckingham Palace

Go quick to meet the guard before they remove his bear hide, as I heard the Royal decree may be passed soon to remove all avatars
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 30 Dec 2016 16:27 by Markz. Reason: Unintended

Re: My Journey... 31 Dec 2016 20:43 #301663

• newbeginning
  • Current streak: 1954 days
  • Senior Boarder
haha if only I could just hang outside Buckingham Palace, the security measures are so tight now!!

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 19:25 #303824

• newbeginning
  • Senior Boarder
Baruch Hashem 24 days clean.

Throughout the past 7 or so days I have had 6 nocturnal emissions! I have never had so many! Most of them happen without any type of dream at all, and I am certainly guarding my eyes to the best of my ability during the day, a lot more than I used to!! What's happening ?? I just feel like laughing when it happens now... I guard my eyes in the day, I say the full section of Shema, psalms etc before bed, rock under pillow, ask G-d specifically to not let me have a nocturnal emission, and BANG it happens, once twice in one night!! The only thing I have been doing differently recently is saying Tikun Haklali every day, which if anything should stop it??? so confused....hmm...

Maybe I will try and say the bed time prayers with more kavanah etc, not sure what to do apart from pray more to Hashem. obviously, Hashem is making this happen for a reason, so I'm not complaining as such, just wanting to get advice about it, maybe theres something else I should do which I am not trying.

I heard somewhere that your feet should be outside the cover?? Can anyone elaborate on that.

Thanks,

Eli

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 19:36 #303829

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Probably just your body getting used to the idea that it isn't happening in other ways anymore. eventually the "production" will slow down and it won't happen so often. It's a pretty common thing to happen. 

Hang in there, life gets better and better

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 19:39 #303832

• newbeginning
  • Senior Boarder
That's good to hear! Thanks

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 20:15 #303838

• cordnoy
newbeginning wrote on 22 Jan 2017 19:25:
Baruch Hashem 24 days clean.

Throughout the past 7 or so days I have had 6 nocturnal emissions! I have never had so many! Most of them happen without any type of dream at all, and I am certainly guarding my eyes to the best of my ability during the day, a lot more than I used to!! What's happening ?? I just feel like laughing when it happens now... I guard my eyes in the day, I say the full section of Shema, psalms etc before bed, rock under pillow, ask G-d specifically to not let me have a nocturnal emission, and BANG it happens, once twice in one night!! The only thing I have been doing differently recently is saying Tikun Haklali every day, which if anything should stop it??? so confused....hmm...

Maybe I will try and say the bed time prayers with more kavanah etc, not sure what to do apart from pray more to Hashem. obviously, Hashem is making this happen for a reason, so I'm not complaining as such, just wanting to get advice about it, maybe theres something else I should do which I am not trying.

I heard somewhere that your feet should be outside the cover?? Can anyone elaborate on that.

Thanks,

Eli

Maybe try keepin' your hands outside the cover!

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 20:44 #303845

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
oh come cords on you know that has nothing to with it give him a break!  

B'hatzlacha
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2017 20:46 by mayanhamisgaber.

Re: My Journey... 22 Jan 2017 20:52 #303849

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Rock under the pillow! Ouch!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: My Journey... 23 Jan 2017 07:51 #303880

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Don't get too bogged down about them. I had one a few nights ago. Just get up and keep truckin. 
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: My Journey... 28 Jan 2017 21:05 #304492

• newbeginning
  • Senior Boarder
Baruch Hashem 30 days clean. Just a quick update, the Taphsic method I am using is really great. (see first page) also I have managed to get a job as a pharmacy assistant in a Hospital in London (Training to become tech) - IY'H this will be the right job for me. Should be starting in a few weeks,

Eli

Re: My Journey... 29 Jan 2017 00:03 #304494

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to hear!

KOMT!! (Keep on medical training)

- General Grant

Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes