Welcome, Guest

Singularity's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Singularity's Journey 106986 Views

Re: Singularity's Journey 25 Jan 2017 05:55 #304179

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
If you're interested in doorknobs, here's a reading assignment. 

Let go and let doorknob
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2017 05:56 by thanks613.

Re: Singularity's Journey 25 Jan 2017 19:28 #304242

• thatslife
  • Senior Boarder
just read your long deep post that wasn't supposed to be one. deep stuff there. your a really strong person, man. your life is inspiring. keep on posting
Don't take life too seriously:wink:

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 02:23 #304277

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks613 wrote on 25 Jan 2017 05:55:
If you're interested in doorknobs, here's a reading assignment. 

Let go and let doorknob

Oh, I love the doorknob story!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 07:50 #304296

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
thatslife wrote on 25 Jan 2017 19:28:
just read your long deep post that wasn't supposed to be one. deep stuff there. your a really strong person, man. your life is inspiring. keep on posting

Thanks, TL! Or should I say Sinatra. (get it?)

So as some of the poison subsided from my father's and my toxic confrontations, and knowing my uncle from the UK is here for a little bit, but constantly with my father, I sucked it up and asked if they want to come for supper. So started an organisation tennis match. They said we should meet at a restaurant on day X. I said day X won't work and we have a policy not to take our little ones to a restaurant. It's just too crazy (BH our place is small. We can eat in the lounge and overview the entire house and garden!). So I suggested day Y and at us.

So he said day Y is fine, but it must be at a restaurant. So on day Y early in the morning I said my wife's car with the baby seats is going in for a service (reluctant to put the seats in my car because the seatbelts aren't as proper) and why can't we just get the pizzas or whatever and have it at us? I asked why he was hesitant coming to our house.

He replied that it's because he'd been kicked out of our place twice. Now personally I feel it's an unfair attack. I only asked him to leave because it was understood that he'd come for a bit and my mother would come. Now, this reason doesn't apply because it's in the middle of the week. But obviously, we're 100% wrong, he's 100% a victim and we mercilessly kicked him out. 

Then he pulled a tricky move and added, "And just to enlighten you, also the normal manner of human beings, is when you invite someone to your house, you are responsible for providing the food."

Now that was a foul offence. What does he think I don't know how to have guests? Though, I admit, I was being pulled into the whirlpool of resentment, saying, "Oh, well, he should pay for everything. He doesn't have anyone to support!"
So maybe I felt that in myself. And I tried a winning tactic. I replied, "Forget it. I'll just ask my uncle to come. What's his number in South Africa? Does he have his own car?"

And then, just like a queen sacrifice in chess, something I never expected.

"Hello. This is your uncle. I don't have a number here or a car. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that it took over a week for you to say something"

Uh-oh. My uncle's in my father's camp. They're ganging up on me. 

This is getting more and more toxic. So first, I "promptly admitted" my shortfall and apologised to him. I said it was just daddy issues that explained the non-communication. Knowing I'd have to get to my uncle through my father.

Then I realised there was no hope. Like having lost your queen in chess for no good reason. No way to win it. I got a long whatsapp that started with some quip on my behaviour and subsequently deleted the chat and blocked my father from my whatsapp. Then yesterday and several times today my dad kept phoning me. I never picked up. Eventually, I emailed him:

Hi dadIt's not a matter of who's right or wrong anymore. I may even be wrong. But I don't know how to deal with the issues in a way that won't make the situation worse than it is right now. So I'm absorbing the losses and submitting to radio silence for a while.If it's a work issue, please email me but strictly in a manner of business. I can't take any more berating.

And it remains toxic. I just am sad that I can't see my uncle, due to this technicality. My dad has two other siblings and all three are weird in their own way. However, when I take my dad out the picture, I really get along with the other two in a much happier, calmer way. And I realised, why do I always need to see my uncle with my dad? They're not connected by an umbilical cord!! So that's what I tried here. And it backfired.

Well, at the very least I hope the post was amusing, had good dialogue and pace. I ask for advice and suggestions. Did I do the right thing? Was I harsh? Remember, I also have my family's interests/sanity at heart. I don't want to subject my wife/daughter to my father's wrath of guilt and pain.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 12:11 #304322

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Singularity wrote on 26 Jan 2017 07:50:

So as some of the poison subsided from my father's and my toxic confrontations, and knowing my uncle from the UK is here for a little bit, but constantly with my father, I sucked it up and asked if they want to come for supper. So started an organisation tennis match. They said we should meet at a restaurant on day X. I said day X won't work and we have a policy not to take our little ones to a restaurant. It's just too crazy (BH our place is small. We can eat in the lounge and overview the entire house and garden!). So I suggested day Y and at us.

So he said day Y is fine, but it must be at a restaurant. So on day Y early in the morning I said my wife's car with the baby seats is going in for a service (reluctant to put the seats in my car because the seatbelts aren't as proper) and why can't we just get the pizzas or whatever and have it at us? I asked why he was hesitant coming to our house.

He replied that it's because he'd been kicked out of our place twice. Now personally I feel it's an unfair attack. I only asked him to leave because it was understood that he'd come for a bit and my mother would come. Now, this reason doesn't apply because it's in the middle of the week. But obviously, we're 100% wrong, he's 100% a victim and we mercilessly kicked him out. 

Then he pulled a tricky move and added, "And just to enlighten you, also the normal manner of human beings, is when you invite someone to your house, you are responsible for providing the food."

Now that was a foul offence. What does he think I don't know how to have guests? Though, I admit, I was being pulled into the whirlpool of resentment, saying, "Oh, well, he should pay for everything. He doesn't have anyone to support!"
So maybe I felt that in myself. And I tried a winning tactic. I replied, "Forget it. I'll just ask my uncle to come. What's his number in South Africa? Does he have his own car?"

And then, just like a queen sacrifice in chess, something I never expected.

"Hello. This is your uncle. I don't have a number here or a car. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that it took over a week for you to say something"

Uh-oh. My uncle's in my father's camp. They're ganging up on me. 

This is getting more and more toxic. So first, I "promptly admitted" my shortfall and apologised to him. I said it was just daddy issues that explained the non-communication. Knowing I'd have to get to my uncle through my father.

Then I realised there was no hope. Like having lost your queen in chess for no good reason. No way to win it. I got a long whatsapp that started with some quip on my behaviour and subsequently deleted the chat and blocked my father from my whatsapp. Then yesterday and several times today my dad kept phoning me. I never picked up. Eventually, I emailed him:

Hi dadIt's not a matter of who's right or wrong anymore. I may even be wrong. But I don't know how to deal with the issues in a way that won't make the situation worse than it is right now. So I'm absorbing the losses and submitting to radio silence for a while.If it's a work issue, please email me but strictly in a manner of business. I can't take any more berating.

And it remains toxic. I just am sad that I can't see my uncle, due to this technicality. My dad has two other siblings and all three are weird in their own way. However, when I take my dad out the picture, I really get along with the other two in a much happier, calmer way. And I realised, why do I always need to see my uncle with my dad? They're not connected by an umbilical cord!! So that's what I tried here. And it backfired.

Well, at the very least I hope the post was amusing, had good dialogue and pace. I ask for advice and suggestions. Did I do the right thing? Was I harsh? Remember, I also have my family's interests/sanity at heart. I don't want to subject my wife/daughter to my father's wrath of guilt and pain.

Sad situation
Id ask my Rav for his advice, although I think you're handling it right and level headed

Keep on Trucking
but don't truck over anyone as Arabs are fond of doing
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 12:37 #304327

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, he replied for a work thing and the conversation was neutral, to put it. That was par...

Thanks.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 12:45 #304334

• cordnoy
It should be with hatzlachah.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 15:34 #304372

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 26 Jan 2017 12:45:
It should be with hatzlachah.

I second that.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 17:07 #304385

• thatslife
  • Senior Boarder
Singularity wrote on 26 Jan 2017 07:50:

lots of good luck. keep it up. i actually did not get that one. please explain.
Don't take life too seriously:wink:

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 18:29 #304403

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Frank Sinatra was a famous singer who had a song/album called "That's life."

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 19:37 #304417

• cordnoy
Start spreadin' the news
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Jan 2017 20:51 #304428

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
New York Neeeww Yoooooork!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Jan 2017 05:54 #304452

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I want to be a part of it...

Oh wait, I am. Yes.

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Jan 2017 07:05 #304459

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 27 Jan 2017 05:54:
I want to be a part of it...

Oh wait, I am. Yes.

So you're not in Israel anymore?

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Jan 2017 18:39 #304481

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
My heart is always in Israel.

Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes