Welcome, Guest

Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 45042 Views

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 19 Jan 2016 14:58 #274863

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In some "Kreisen" they have a rule that Bochrim are not allowed to go into the Badeken, only married guys.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 19 Jan 2016 15:29 #274872

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
BenTorah.BaalHabayis wrote:
I was at another wedding tonight. I danced the Chosson most of the way from the Chosson Tish but I decided not to follow the Chosson into the Badeken. I kind of feel like that's entering into the proverbial "Lion Cage" with all the women standing around watching the men marching in the Chosson. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing, to be the only one not going in. Am I being too extreme? But then again, my recovery is fragile and I would like to avoid unnecessary triggers. Maybe I could have gone in and looked at the floor. What would you have done?

I've done both, and it really depends on your situation at the time.

When I've been doing badly, of course I went in- it's a party! But seriously, when I was doing well and felt that I can go in I did and it was ok. When I felt too locked up and was feeling like the same feeling you described with the filter- that I'm creating a Yetzer Hara, I also went in. And there is a logic to that- I believe that R Dessler says that sexuality is like a spring- the more you push, the more it pushes back.

But both of those feelings I described are, at least for me, less ideal for a very simple reason. If I am being a Ben Torah (as your name says and as I sometimes aspire to) it is not "farfrumt" not to go in to a room full of ladies dressed to the nines. It's a simple Shmiras Einayim issue- if you don't need to be there why go? When I'm holding and feeling more like the Ben Torah that I'm supposed to be, I don't go in bc no one that I look up to as a Talmid Chacham would go in for no reason. When I've been at weddings with the true Bnei Torah that I'm friends with, they don't even go close. And they're wonderful people who aren't fanatics.

So I'd say that it's situational, but there's nothing wrong with aspiring to not need to go in and also not feeling locked up or fanatical about it. (Although the shmorg is MUCH better at the men's section, and if you're already working on you taavas nashim at the wedding, can we at least get some good sesame chicken, carving station, sushi, and some spare ribs?!!

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 19 Jan 2016 15:36 #274874

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
I usually don't go in to the bedeken. It's usually fairly easy to do it without looking "farfrumt." I usually just catch someone who's not interested in getting stomped on and shmooze with him on the men's side.
Workingguy wrote:
Although the shmorg is MUCH better at the men's section

I need to go to the weddings that you go to...
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 19 Jan 2016 21:06 #274902

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
If it's legitimately triggering for you then I don't believe that it's too extreme. I am friends with a decent amount of guys from a yeshivish background and they don't dance with him once the ladies are gathered around.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 00:25 #274925

• cordnoy
Once the women push too close into the men's circle I stop dancin'.....I back off and simply gaze at the women.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 02:41 #274943

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigmoish wrote:
I usually don't go in to the bedeken. It's usually fairly easy to do it without looking "farfrumt." I usually just catch someone who's not interested in getting stomped on and shmooze with him on the men's side.
Workingguy wrote:

Mistake! Meant to write at the women's- we're at the same weddings. Seriously, when I'm after the spare ribs sometimes I don't even notice the women. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 14:17 #274983

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Workingguy wrote:
Bigmoish wrote:
Workingguy wrote:

Mistake! Meant to write at the women's- we're at the same weddings. Seriously, when I'm after the spare ribs sometimes I don't even notice the women. Not sure if that's a good thing.
So next time I end up lagging behind with someone by the bedeken, I'll know it's you.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 15:47 #274996

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigmoish wrote:
Workingguy wrote:
Bigmoish wrote:
Workingguy wrote:

So next time I end up lagging behind with someone by the bedeken, I'll know it's you.

Look for the guy who came early to fill up his plate from the main room and THEN is hanging back. Wishful thinking; that was the single days. Now not usually on time enough to go into the main room before it's mobbed. But yes, we'll hang out at the choson's tish. Save me some sponge cake!

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 21:37 #275059

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
The women's section is where all the action is. Even by my brothers weddings I was barely by the chosson tish. (Agav, why do they serve hot dogs by the chosson tish)? Same thing by kiddushes. I like salad and women don't eat anything so that equals a very happy me
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 20 Jan 2016 21:50 #275064

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Workingguy wrote:
Seriously, when I'm after the spare ribs sometimes I don't even notice the women. Not sure if that's a good thing.

The first women was made from a spare rib...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 21 Jan 2016 01:29 #275091

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote:
Workingguy wrote:
Seriously, when I'm after the spare ribs sometimes I don't even notice the women. Not sure if that's a good thing.

That's a good line.

All of mine were censored.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 21 Jan 2016 03:15 #275099

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
Workingguy wrote:

That's a good line.

Aren't you a moderator? Can't you just slip you lines in!

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 21 Jan 2016 03:18 #275102

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 21 Jan 2016 03:20 #275103

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
אתה משוגע?
רצונך שנגוגל את זה?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Ben Torah's 90 day journey and beyond 21 Jan 2016 03:24 #275104

• cordnoy
Workingguy wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
stillgoing wrote:
Workingguy wrote:

That's a good line.

Aren't you a moderator? Can't you just slip you lines in!

Yes
I can
Wise mind censors the addict part.

Time to create page: 1.09 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes