Welcome, Guest

The 90 Day Chart
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The 90 Day Chart 5473 Views

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 01:33 #266391

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Breaking Free Chizuk #1346 - The Great Debate
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 01:41 #266392

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Pls provide a link or forward the email to me. Ty.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 02:38 #266397

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thank you for forwarding the email. I read the opinion of David J. Ley about 6 months ago and it infuriated me and still does, The man is an imbecile.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 18:36 #266450

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I read the title and about three sentences. I didn't need to read more. You know why? because it doesn't make one mashehu of a difference whether some hoydy toydy group of shrinks say "you're not an addict, sexual addiction is impossible". i still have to work my program to get sober and the program still works for me. the sex addiction debate is water under the bridge. for all intents and purposes there are what i call "strugglers" and "addicts", an addict generally needs a much different kind of help for his/her problem while something like taphshic might work for a struggler.

(the email was from the breaking free GYE daily emails)
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2015 18:37 by shlomo24.

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 18:40 #266453

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote:
I read the title and about three sentences. I didn't need to read more. You know why? because it doesn't make one mashehu of a difference whether some hoydy toydy group of shrinks say "you're not an addict, sexual addiction is impossible". i still have to work my program to get sober and the program still works for me. the sex addiction debate is water under the bridge. for all intents and purposes there are what i call "strugglers" and "addicts", an addict generally needs a much different kind of help for his/her problem while something like taphshic might work for a struggler.

I told my therapist similarly today.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 18:48 #266456

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
Shlomo24 wrote:

I told my therapist similarly today.

i had an inkling that we would have similar opinions
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: The 90 Day (Chart) Debate 20 Oct 2015 23:18 #266495

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Posted in todays email

Sayings
YOU CAN ARGUE REASONS NOT TO WORK THE TWELVE STEPS FAR FASTER THAN I CAN NAME REASONS TO WORK THEM. SO, WHO IS WINNING THIS CONTEST, REALLY?

Anyone needing a copy you can subscribe, it's free, or email me markzgye@gmail.com

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2015 23:20 by Markz.

Re: The 90 Day Chart 06 Jan 2019 13:24 #338233

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

cordnoy wrote on 03 Jan 2019 21:42:

lomed wrote:
I also have two streaks of sobriety, which the first was 690 with a one night relapse, and then currently 716 days one day at a time.

From a baseball hittin' streak, yes, it was broken in the middle. Relevant to God, yourself and others, it is 1406 (and perhaps more). It is one of the stupid things about this 90 day countin'. If one gets stuck in an elevator for an hour with an object of his desire (I do apologize to all the folk for callin' you objects) and nature takes over, why in the world is he regarded as a zero? Makes no sense to me. Yes, rules are rules, but if it would be up to me, I would think that the numbers highlighted should be the accumulative days clean, and I probably said this once or twice before.
Gotta run, the elevator beeped for my floor. Goin' up (I hope).

There's a difference between relapse and a fall.

Someone that is in active recovery at 90 days+ and has a momentary fall could continue his Clean streak count, whereas relapse should hit the restart button.

That's my humble pie experience.

What's yours?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The 90 Day Chart 06 Jan 2019 21:34 #338244

• cordnoy
Depends what "relapse" means.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The 90 Day Chart 07 Jan 2019 13:59 #338258

• brlife101
  • Current streak: 182 days
  • Junior Boarder
In concept what is different from a momentary fall and a relapse for the “clean count”?

Re: The 90 Day Chart 09 Jan 2019 17:38 #338328

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
By relapse I mean unlike a one time fall, but a nice long binge, even with some sporadic good days. 

Again I'm talking my experience.
I had a nice streak of 650 days from Aug 2015-2017. Then relapsed and got up and down and up and down until recently, so now my accumulated days is 1225, how amazing! 

What I'm seeking is long term success, and the beginning of that new journey will be my sobriety date (and a random fall c'v won't shut down the highway).
Maybe I'm on the path already? Possibly, as I wrote at end of 'my story' thank Gd. 

Hope I answered your q'

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes