Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MY STORY... 47192 Views

Re: MY STORY... 05 Jul 2015 16:05 #258713

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
B"H im clean for ten days so far which feels great, but i dont know if its good to think abt it too much because i can always fall!!
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 12 Jul 2015 10:28 #259285

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Im staying clean B"H, but i desperately need help to stop lusting, everywhere i go, i lust!! can anyone give me some tips how to avoid thinking thoughts like these?!

Re: MY STORY... 12 Jul 2015 18:17 #259301

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
When you have a lust thought, quickly think of an orange.

Now, try as hard as you can to NOT think about the orange.

Eventually, you'll be focusing so hard on getting the orange out of your head, you'll forget you were originally trying to get lust out.

Re: MY STORY... 13 Jul 2015 01:07 #259312

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
All this was scary. We couldn't see the path ahead, except that others had gone that way before. Each new step of surrender felt it would be off the edge into oblivion, but we took it. And instead of killing us, surrender was killing the obsession! We had stepped into the light, into a whole new way of life.

SA
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: MY STORY... 11 Feb 2016 11:08 #277479

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Wow i have not posted in a long time, (though ive been around). I would like to hear what everyone thinks (or knows) about this: 
I am really nervous because i am going into shiduchim soon and if i dont have my masturbation under control, my mind is just warped!! I feel i wont be able to make an honest desicion! I feel i cant push it off, because i feel that i need marriage to stabilize myself and i cant wait, i am on the way to 90 days and i think ill be clean with Hashems help when i start going out?
I cant give enough thanks for everyone being here for me!

Re: MY STORY... 11 Feb 2016 12:29 #277487

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha 2 wrote on Unknown:
Wow i have not posted in a long time, (though ive been around). I would like to hear what everyone thinks (or knows) about this: 
I am really nervous because i am going into shiduchim soon and if i dont have my masturbation under control, my mind is just warped!! I feel i wont be able to make an honest desicion! I feel i cant push it off, because i feel that i need marriage to stabilize myself and i cant wait, i am on the way to 90 days and i think ill be clean with Hashems help when i start going out?

welcome back , instead of being nervous , start doing something for your recovery.
Marriage wont help you! Recovery will.
Hatzluche
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: MY STORY... 11 Feb 2016 12:39 #277488

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
doingtshuva wrote on Unknown:

Sasha 2 wrote on Unknown:

welcome back , instead of being nervous , start doing something for your recovery.
Marriage wont help you! Recovery will.
Hatzluche

I def. agree and im trying to work on it, my question though is with recovery is 90 days ok and enough to feel safe to start (bec i feel i cant wait longer! - not because of lust)

Re: MY STORY... 11 Feb 2016 12:58 #277491

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Is it enough to run the program; the 90 days, read the book etc. or do i need more?Welcome back!

IMHO 30 days can sometimes be a cool Shidduch number too

Care to share what has worked for you in the past 10 months
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MY STORY... 14 Feb 2016 14:25 #277734

• cordnoy
I think you need to speak to a mentor, mashgiach or rebbe, for thirty days or ninety days is not the magical answer, and what is it that you can't wait longer for?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MY STORY... 14 Feb 2016 14:32 #277736

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I was thinking yesterday about what I wrote here, based on what I heared from Rabbi Twersky about being dry drunk, and have to delete what I wrote above about a timeline, although I meant to say if you have a program in place then 90 days isn't necessarily the magic #, whereas if you have no program in place, then the sexaholic inside just stays dormant until the bear re-awakens it, which may be the day you get married, or any other time it rears its beautiful head

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2016 14:39 by Markz.

Re: MY STORY... 15 Feb 2016 10:12 #277830

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on Unknown:
I think you need to speak to a mentor, mashgiach or rebbe, for thirty days or ninety days is not the magical answer, and what is it that you can't wait longer for?

I had first started the 90 days a while back & i was very involved solely because i finally found a way out of this, but when i fell and i wasn't on that first streak i felt that i didnt care and i didnt have the courage to push through! Only recently did i (i hope) fully realize the mess i was in and i feel that i really want to be clean & i find its even easier then last time around (although at times it aint easy) & i feel i have the real drive to finally stop once and for all!

I find the Taphsic method works for me as well as parts of the steps (surrender etc.) - I never fully got involved in the full 12 steps because the times dont work out for me in yeshiva.

I dont feel that i can bring myself to speak to one of my rebbeim even though i know i should have long ago!

The reason i feel i cant wait is because all my friends are mostly married and i feel left out.

Re: MY STORY... 15 Feb 2016 11:40 #277834

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
I got married later than all my friends so I can understand your feelings.
Btw' then as an older single is when I started to work on my recovery, I was clean for a year, got married and after some time being married I fell back.
I wish you an easy recovery and may hashem help you find your right zivug.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: MY STORY... 15 Feb 2016 12:57 #277840

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha 2 wrote:

cordnoy wrote:

I had first started the 90 days a while back & i was very involved solely because i finally found a way out of this, but when i fell and i wasn't on that first streak i felt that i didnt care and i didnt have the courage to push through! Only recently did i (i hope) fully realize the mess i was in and i feel that i really want to be clean & i find its even easier then last time around (although at times it aint easy) & i feel i have the real drive to finally stop once and for all!

I find the Taphsic method works for me as well as parts of the steps (surrender etc.) - I never fully got involved in the full 12 steps because the times dont work out for me in yeshiva.

I dont feel that i can bring myself to speak to one of my rebbeim even though i know i should have long ago!

The reason i feel i cant wait is because all my friends are mostly married and i feel left out.

Any married friends that have your struggle may be having a lot harder time recovering than you

On the married forum an oft quoted line is "Without disclosing to my wife, how can I go to a SA meeting?"

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't push off marriage at all, and I would also not delay real recovery till I'm 90 years old. This lust problem doesn't go away, it can only get worse...

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MY STORY... 15 Feb 2016 13:02 #277842

• cordnoy
What does twelve steps have to do with time?
I don't know if you need it, but it sounds like you need something, especially due to the hiding.
If you have an issue, I wouldn't rush into marriage.

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MY STORY... 16 Feb 2016 16:55 #278066

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on Unknown:
What does twelve steps have to do with time?
I don't know if you need it, but it sounds like you need something, especially due to the hiding.
If you have an issue, I wouldn't rush into marriage.

B'hatzlachah

What i meant is to work on it with the groups.
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes