Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MY STORY... 47187 Views

Re: MY STORY... 14 Apr 2016 05:06 #284561

• otr-otr
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats great to hear.. let us know how yur doin!
  • I've never been one for signatures.. but sometimes people change
  • I'm seeking the life that I find manageable which may not be the life you find manageable. But let's make a deal. I want you to find yours and you want me to find mine even if they are different.

Re: MY STORY... 15 Apr 2016 17:09 #284718

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
I was out of town, just got back today...
B"H still clean, i will post about it as soon as I get a chance
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 18 Apr 2016 23:03 #285082

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Ok time for an update:
I was out of town recently so I didn't really have any time privately for myself which was good.
I'm Back home this week and obviously very busy, 
I try to stay away from those situations where I'm by myself and it could lead to a fall.

Back in America there are so many more triggers for myself then in Israel!!!!
Im constantly telling myself not to lust and just not think about it...

Trying my best to pull through to 90 and almost there B"H!

Re: MY STORY... 19 Apr 2016 05:38 #285175

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sasha 2 wrote on 18 Apr 2016 23:03:
Ok time for an update:
I was out of town recently so I didn't really have any time privately for myself which was good.
I'm Back home this week and obviously very busy, 
I try to stay away from those situations where I'm by myself and it could lead to a fall.

Back in America there are so many more triggers for myself then in Israel!!!!
Im constantly telling myself not to lust and just not think about it...

Trying my best to pull through to 90 and almost there B"H!

It's so funny how people have different experiences. Israel was sooooo triggering for me, both men and women.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 19 Apr 2016 10:30 #285194

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder

The "trigger" is here, The "trigger" is there, Hashem is truly everywhere.
Up, up, down, down, right, left and all around, here, there and everywhere, that’s where he can be found. 

*  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 10:53 by doingtshuva.

Re: MY STORY... 20 Apr 2016 17:52 #285465

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Ye, true!
Its really good that the last few days until 90 I'm crazy busy & not the other way around B"H!  

Re: MY STORY... 20 Apr 2016 19:17 #285479

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Watch our for post 90 depression. 

It's very common for people to fall right after 90. 

Once you feel like you got to your goal, you lose the excitement of being clean. It's a transition from counting days excitedly to enjoying life with the knowledge of being clean humming in the background.

Re: MY STORY... 21 Apr 2016 22:24 #285641

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
inastruggle wrote on 20 Apr 2016 19:17:

Once you feel like you got to your goal, you lose the excitement of being clean. It's a transition from counting days excitedly to enjoying life with the knowledge of being clean humming in the background.

I have heard about that...

But the truth is that I am B"H enjoying life everyday being clean:
  • I am not angry & short tempered at people for no good reason.
  • I'm not ignoring responsibilities bec I have to act out.
  • I can be myself and not fool the world

Plus many more...

That is what I am looking forward to!
Last Edit: 21 Apr 2016 22:24 by Sasha 2.

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 01:59 #285648

• realsimcha
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Rooting for you...

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 02:19 #285650

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
realsimcha wrote:
Rooting for you...

We are all

Rootbeering

My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 03:05 #285654

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
That's great to hear. It really seems that you have the right attitude.

One other thing to look out for is when you start taking the benefits that you mentioned for granted. After a while of being clean you stop remembering how much better life is without acting out and it may tempt you again.
As you know though, it does get easier.

I'm rooting for you as well 

GO SASHA! 

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 06:08 #285677

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote on 22 Apr 2016 02:19:

realsimcha wrote:
Rooting for you...

We are all

Rootbeering

I do not endorse...... raceist jokes, rootbeer, or the ford focus.

Sasha, great to hear.
Inna makes a good point above about that we sometimes forget the 'good feeling' that we get from being clean.
Continued hatzlacha.
Sg.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 13:10 #285688

• cordnoy
doingtshuva wrote on 19 Apr 2016 10:30:

The "trigger" is here, The "trigger" is there, Hashem is truly everywhere.
Up, up, down, down, right, left and all around, here, there and everywhere, that’s where he can be found. 

Some get triggered by the pesach hose around the faucet.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MY STORY... 22 Apr 2016 17:13 #285707

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks everyone!!
Its all your support which got me here!!

Chag Kosher Vesmeach! 

Re: MY STORY... 24 Apr 2016 11:57 #285741

• Josephsbrother
  • Current streak: 926 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank my Creator for His Loving Kindnesss
inastruggle wrote:

So true, so for me the count goes on. Day 131. After 90 days the fall has been stopped a day at a time. While my record here does not really come close to the effort our Maker has put in to me to help me overcome, from 1972. The next 8 years my efforts being at two health centers that had a lifestyle that encouraged an obedient lifestyle to Torah, then as a Seventh day Adventist. The days of failure were few and far between, yet still very trying to my heart. Then moving to help small groups, still there was many days of victory, yet when I let my guard down, the fall could come fast, and often for short burst. Now that I can accept that every effort to do right and be right is apart of my success, it is better now to daily aim at a lifestyle of continual righteous behavior.  Today, there are days triggers could be many, some days I am as a lion nothing can hold me back. Other days I am a mini craft, a small sail boat in a raging storm at sea.
It has been a blessing of 10 hour days for several weeks, thus I was able to pay my $90 dollar vow to GYE.
Now work has slowed down, and the appointed times give me a few quality day pays with family, what a joy the blessing of the close fellowship of my personal family. It has been 13 years of a growing life of family, a strong  motivation to winning control of mind and heart.  My queen desires specially honesty, and she is often granted to sees often the motives of my heart. This is a blessing for from youth I hid myself from myself, and sometimes did not want any to know me, for In my youth, I was rejected  for being me, or more often lost all I had gained usually on a yearly  bases. This Passover time is healing, though the loneliness of group interaction is still very stressful. My life convictions have moved closer to the Jewish people. Yet often I must be a Joseph among the Egyptian. Yet as I build my knowledge, and my faithfulness to the earth, and to my Maker, I wait for the day when I will not be taken for granted. Often others of the family of Adam take advantage of my kindness, my position of status, my situation, my morals.  When all else fails me, besides my personal family, HaShem, One alone is my fortress, refuge, defense, my keeper, my friend, my hope, my my father, and grandfather, and great grand Father, for now Israel is only a nation that is human like me, for centuries they have had children who arose from their falls to seek our Maker again and again.  Not one Jew, or firstborn died at Passover, Egypt, all lamb gods were sacrificed before Israel took the journey in the wilderness.  For mankind the sacrifice of children comes as with Egypt, when we choose to let our cravings to be our gods, then a Eden of abundance, is wasted, and our children shall be a sacrifice. This sacrifice my small four member family, is in the Passover experience, and though I could not be at a synagogue, my wife and I hug each other, and had discussed the things of Torah that answered our personal need. My boys took their toys and acted the story of Passover, as I read it. We also played simple get a  ball from daddy in the from yard. We lit the Shabbat candle the best we could. We listen to Torah in English via internet, a Torah approved by Jews who seek to rebuild the temple the third time. We know that we seek to go the right path, and we are glad that the King of heaven and earth is with us this Pesach.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes