Welcome, Guest

Home of Gibbor120
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Home of Gibbor120 122232 Views

Re: Home of Gibbor120 30 Dec 2015 00:26 #272762

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
take it easy wrote:
Can someone please explain if its a contradicts anything by understanding where the addiction comes from

I think understanding addiction is totally fine, it can give one clarity and certain tools for emotional development. But if one is truly an addict then it's not gonna keep them sober.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Home of Gibbor120 23 Mar 2016 04:55 #282259

• Dov
  • Administrator
take it easy wrote on 29 Dec 2015 20:14:
Can someone please explain if its a contradicts anything by understanding where the addiction comes from

Usually younger people like to think about this question and talk about it a lot. Older, married folks who have something to lose, often lose the patience to mess around with philosophical matters - they need help. Just an observation. I have no clue what age you are, or whether or not your problem threatens your life, lifestyle, or anything you've got at all.

But setting all that aside, have you discovered that figuring out things like where the addiction comes from, has helped you in the past? If so, can you bring an example of that, please. I think that should come before philosophical discussion ensues, and before anybody tries to answer your question. Just a suggestion  
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Home of Gibbor120 23 Mar 2016 10:06 #282268

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
There are definite genetic, environmental, and experience factors that increase the probability of addiction. But I need to work my program to stay sober. I also go to therapy for emotional development. My emotional maturity stopped when I started acting out, which was very young.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Home of Gibbor120 23 Mar 2016 11:08 #282278

• cordnoy
Dov wrote on 23 Mar 2016 04:55:

take it easy wrote on 29 Dec 2015 20:14:

Usually younger people like to think about this question and talk about it a lot. Older, married folks who have something to lose, often lose the patience to mess around with philosophical matters - they need help. Just an observation. I have no clue what age you are, or whether or not your problem threatens your life, lifestyle, or anything you've got at all.

But setting all that aside, have you discovered that figuring out things like where the addiction comes from, has helped you in the past? If so, can you bring an example of that, please. I think that should come before philosophical discussion ensues, and before anybody tries to answer your question. Just a suggestion  

Which also explains why some people get stuck on one of the first few steps for many months or more. There are people that don't wanna work the program and that's fine, but if you wanna work it, don't beat it to death.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 27 Mar 2016 23:32 #282695

• skeptical
Yes, it is helpful for a person to be aware of why/in what situations they turn to their addicted behaviors.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 28 Mar 2016 02:42 #282711

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
skeptical wrote on 27 Mar 2016 23:32:
Yes, it is helpful for a person to be aware of why/in what situations they turn to their addicted behaviors.

Long time no see skep. Hope things are well.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 28 Mar 2016 14:41 #282741

• skeptical
Boruch Hashem. 
Have been really busy.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 28 Mar 2016 15:30 #282744

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
That is what i heard. Good for you.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 29 Mar 2016 15:44 #282873

• Dov
  • Administrator
ditto
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Home of Gibbor120 13 Apr 2016 21:13 #284497

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
A very big Mazal Tov to Gibbor on (yesterday) reaching 2,500 days clean, one day at a time!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Home of Gibbor120 13 Apr 2016 21:31 #284498

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW - I was worried he fell off the highway

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!!!!

Actually where is anyone?? I don't have a clue, cos with the update, all members days don't show on mobile - which I use 99% of the time for gye
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Home of Gibbor120 13 Apr 2016 22:57 #284509

• cordnoy
He might be off the highway, but he sure as Hell is on the right road, and boy am I glad that he didn't lose my number.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 14 Apr 2016 20:38 #284607

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Thank you!  I'm still here and still trucking B"H.  I'm just busy, which itself is a good thing for my sobriety.  I do plan to spend some time here when I get a chance.  Probably, not much until at least after Pesach.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 14 Apr 2016 20:54 #284609

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for stoppin' by the Monstuh Truck Stop and Comedy Club!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Home of Gibbor120 14 Apr 2016 20:54 #284610

Congrats on your year of sobriety!
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes