Welcome, Guest
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: STORY TIME 31790 Views

Re: STORY TIME 25 May 2017 23:47 #314145

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
This story kinda gives me the creeps.

I remember the days I used to buy/steal the small 120 page books from the airport convenience store. This book/story would be on the bottom two rows in the circular racks. Those days, they wouldn't dare show a picture of young boys on the front cover. The books I liked were prominently featured dead center!
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: STORY TIME 26 May 2017 06:42 #314175

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I miss the good old stories from 8 years ago. Those stories, you were able to read them all at once without waiting. Nowadays.... We have to wait for stories to continue..

And thanks Mr Author!

Re: STORY TIME 30 May 2017 00:59 #314456

• cordnoy
bb0212 wrote on 26 May 2017 06:42:
I miss the good old stories from 8 years ago. Those stories, you were able to read them all at once without waiting. Nowadays.... We have to wait for stories to continue..

And thanks Mr Author!

TZ used to be hounded for the next edition of Harry.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: STORY TIME 30 May 2017 05:24 #314473

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 30 May 2017 00:59:

bb0212 wrote on 26 May 2017 06:42:

And thanks Mr Author!

TZ used to be hounded for the next edition of Harry.

:grinning:twas a joke. When I read Harry, last week, I didn't have to wait for the next installment. Now I'm realizing that the joke was not that funny. Please bear with me

Re: STORY TIME 13 Jun 2017 18:48 #315209

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Any continuation to the story?
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: STORY TIME 25 Dec 2018 19:06 #338023

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder
Bump

Re: STORY TIME 25 Dec 2018 21:50 #338027

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually reached out to aannauthor6 about this story. He said that he lost access to his gye account, and got involved in other projects. Maybe if Markz gets on his case we might have a continuation..  
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: STORY TIME 25 Dec 2018 21:55 #338028

• mirror
  • Expert Boarder
Can he just send you the unedited rest of the story as is?

Re: STORY TIME 26 Dec 2018 02:47 #338034

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
That's not my main worry today. 

Im concerned about FlyHigh from page 1. That is 1 brilliant story!!!

Did he make safely it to the BB section?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: STORY TIME 26 Dec 2018 16:21 #338036

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
mirror wrote on 25 Dec 2018 21:55:
Can he just send you the unedited rest of the story as is?

I'll ask him.

Mark, thanks for the flash back. I just re-read that story and cried no less than 3 times! It is a great story, and I relate to it no less now, three years later then I did at the time. Only difference is, that now I'm stayn in mrs mc'oodels basement.
(and I may even agree to cordnoys critique of the story after all)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: STORY TIME 30 Dec 2018 01:05 #338089

• hakolhevel
  • Platinum Boarder

IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME

By A Desperate Parent

I am writing out of desperation and frustration, and in the hope that someone will be able to provide some useful advice. I will skip the preface and begin with the problem:

I live in a pleasant neighborhood, and I am part of a very close knit and caring community. Recently an individual moved into our neighborhood. This person happens to be a very intelligent and suave individual. While he can’t in any way be considered an official Chossid, he is without question a very good friend of the Chassidim, and has provided immeasurable assistance to numerous mosdos.

He is very witty and entertaining, and extremely willing to extend a helping hand to anyone in need. He is always helping out kids with their homework, and in general giving them a good time and keeping them out of their parent’s hair.  He helped one woman fix a broken sink, saving her thousands of dollars. And when anyone needs information about almost anything for any reason, he is a veritable fountain of knowledge.

Needless to say his popularity is soaring. Many in our community bless the day when he decided to join us.

But. . .

But its been whispered for some time, and subsequently confirmed, that this individual has had a very shady past, one in which he dabbled with ideas VERY foreign to Torah and Judaism. Ideas that would be classified as Avodah Zara, one of the three cardinal sins of Yehoreg veal yaavor. Ideas that he has never fully renounced to date.

When this information began coming to light there was a subtle but persistent campaign by various members of our community to warn parents against allowing their children to associate with this individual. I mean, we all continued to treat him royally, we continued to respect his virtues and varied talents, but the protection of our children should be our number one priority. Right

To my surprise and chagrin, the campaign met with little to no success. Not that anyone challenged the information. On the contrary, every yenta had their own little tidbit to enhance the developing story. But as far as concerns for the safety of our own children, these were dismissed as unrealistic and fatalistic.

Some time went by, and the teenage son of one of the fine and upstanding families in our neighborhood began showing laxity towards crucial aspects of Yiddishkeit, while espousing ideas that he had definitely not heard from his Rebbe in Yeshiva. It took little investigation to trace the source of the problem to the above individual.

While sharing in the sorrow of a fellow Jew, I was certain that this cloud had a silver lining. At least now the danger would finally be recognized, and everyone else would take appropriate precautions for the future.

To my shock and dismay I was wrong. Again.

While feeling genuine sympathy for what their neighbor was experiencing, the overall response of the neighborhood parents was that this teenager must have been heading astray from the start, and they still didn’t believe that their own children were in any risk.

The story doesn’t end there.

Shortly after the above incident some new information came to light. This fellows past escapades included even worse incident than what had previously become known (suffice it to say that there were others of the three cardinal aveiros). What’s more, he had a record of improper contact with children in the past, with catastrophic results.

Undaunted by their earlier failures, some diehards embarked on yet a third campaign to show people the folly of their ways. And still nothing changed in our community.

Not that anyone questioned the information. Nor did anyone bring to light anything that could exonerate him. Yet everyone chose to look only at what they could see of him and of his interaction with their children, and he continued to be a welcome guest in the majority of the homes in our neighborhood.

And then came the last blow. It was discovered that he had been making available to some local children indecent publications.

By now I was certain that everyone would be convinced that this person was merely a demon disguised as an angel

Could you believe that I was still wrong

Though its true that many people, at this point, did see the light, there were many others who persisted in coming to his defense, pointing out that he didn’t show anything to anyone who didn’t themselves ask for it, and that if anyone is at fault it is the parents of the victims etc. etc.. They insisted on focusing on all of his positive qualities, pointing out that anyone seeking inappropriate reading materials would have easy access to them anyways, even without this persons help.

I still see this individual as a prominent shabbos guest in most homes, and as an esteemed participant at all kinds of programs and functions (including children’s functions, where he continues to have unsupervised interaction with local children).

I (and others) beg people: Don’t let him into your house!! KEEP HIM AWAY FROM YOUR CHILDREN!! But alas our words are falling on deaf ears. The women promise to discuss it with their husbands. The men say they’ll discuss it with their wives. BUT NOTHING CHANGES.

This is where my story ends, and my plea begins. It may or may not be my affair, but there is an injunction in the Torah LO TAAMOD AL DAM REIECHO! We just can’t sit back passively and witness tens of families destroy their children slowly but surely.

What should we do?! What can we do

All of the above is a true story. Not only that, but it is taking place not in one community, but in almost every community around the world. In fact, many of you are probably familiar with the individual in question. His name starts with a W. Three of them in fact. And his last name is always dotcom or dotnet or dotsomethingorother. He is the Internet a.k.a. chatrooms a.k.a. email/instantmessaging. The invasive stranger from Cyberspace.

Surely you heard speeches decrying the dangers of the Internet. Surely you’ve heard from rabbanim and mechanchim about the great risks inherent in email and chat rooms. Surely everyone has read all kinds of articles lamenting the great damage that has actually been caused (to young and old alike) by various aspects of the Internet. Some articles may have even been very convincing (you know, the ones you downloaded from the internet so that you can email them to a friend).

And yet this vile object continues to be a welcome guest in the majority of Jewish homes. We continue to benefit from its multitude of services, from helping our children with their homework, to saving us money on plane tickets, to organizing our affairs.

It continues to hold a prominent place in many homes. All the while corrupting our youth, perverting their minds, and defiling the very essence of our family purity.

None of this is even a drop of an exaggeration. On the contrary: it is understating the problem. I don’t think anyone today still questions the dangers entailed. And most people must know families who were personally impacted by this blessing of modern technology.

What more will it take for us to open up our eyes, to take action before its too late? How many victims do there have to be before we acknowledge that the danger is genuine? How many casualties before we pay heed to all the horror-stories

The point of the above is very simple: If you care at all about the future and spiritual wellbeing of your children GET RID OF THE INTERNET FROM YOUR HOUSE! BREAK THE MODEM! DESTROY ANYTHING THAT PROVIDES INTERNET ACCESS! If the only way to do this is to get rid of your computer, then by all means GET RID OF IT.

At the very least download this article and email it to a friend. And chalk up another credit to the Internet.

CREDIT: RABBI WAGNER TORONTO

Re: STORY TIME 30 Dec 2018 12:21 #338100

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please send this in to every jewish magazine in the world to feature on the first page!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: STORY TIME 14 May 2019 22:10 #341157

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Realestatemogul wrote on 14 May 2019 04:13:
Storytime!!!!

Mike lived in a far away country. He grew up in a small town in northern Sweden, where most of the year the ground was full of snow and the sun didn't shine. Every year the kids would be busy playing in the snow or trekking along on a pair of skis. Mike, however, was different. 

See, ever since he watched the summer Olympics as a young 6 year old and watched a couple of races and marathon he had a burning passion to run. Now you can imagine what it is like to become a runner in a country that prides itself in bobsledding and cross country skiing. Needless to say, Mike wasn't exactly in the best position to follow his dreams. 

The thing was that no matter how many people tried telling him he was crazy and he would never be an Olympic runner, he just kept on going. It wasn't always easy. In matter of fact, for most of his young life he just kept failing. He would try to enter local races and he would not even qualify as a participant due to his poor race times. He would often wonder why he thought he could do it, maybe everyone was right, maybe a Swedish man would never be the world's greatest runner. But year after year he kept pursuing his dream of being an Olympic runner....

Then, through his perseverance and dedication, he started to see real meaningful results. Mike started qualifying for races and actually making a name for himself among the running community. People would see him around races and smile at him, something that hadn't happened in years. Then as the months and years went by, he actually found himself placing in the top 3 race after race. Mike started to get a renewed strength and passion from all his success. He starting really believing he would realize his dreams of being the best in the world....

Then the day came. Many years had passed and he was finally on the stage he had dreamed about since being a little kid, the Olympic games. At that point he was actually the favorite to win a medal and many people thought he would take the Gold. The first two qualifying rounds were against people he had already beaten several times and he easily walked away in first place. 

He was now down to the last round before the championship race. As long as he finished in one of the top four places he would go on to the final championship race, the moment he had spent his whole life to be at. He wanted that Gold medal more than anything else in the world.

The race got off to a pretty good start and he took an early position in fourth. This would keep him enough ahead of the pack but still save energy for the last couple of laps. He knew his opponents well and had seen them take early leads only to lose energy and be outrun towards the end of the race. That's exactly what happened and as they were about halfway through the race Mike started to pull ahead. First he took the third position, then he inched over to second and maintained his strong lead. With about three laps to go he finally gave it all he got. Mike pulled away from the pack of runners and into first place. He had been down this road so many times and settled into a significant lead. Mike was about to go on to the final race and compete for a chance at a gold medal...

Then....against everything he had worked on these past few years, his legs gave way and he fell....One second he was on his way to a final and next second he is on the ground. Mike wasn't injured at all, but in his rush to make it to the finish line he let go of his training and lost focus. At those speeds and after such a long run, a very slight misstep can knock you off balance and send you to the ground. That's where Mike found himself...on the ground and not in the position he expected. Not after all the years of work and fighting to be where he was....

Mike wasn't about to give up. He quickly picked himself up and tried to get back in the race. So far only two other racers had pulled ahead and he still had a shot at the final, and ultimately the gold medal. He was a bit shaken from his fall but he tried with every bit of strength to maintain his speed and focus on that finish line. In his peripheral vision he could see the rest of the pack of runners closing in on him. As they neared the finish line, he gave it all he had. One other runner came ahead of him but he managed to finish in fourth place. Enough to qualify for the Gold medal. He still had his chance to fulfil his dreams....if his fall doesn't get in his way...

Mike had become one of the world's best runners. He was on a stage most people never even bother dreaming about, let alone actually reach. But, the thought of failure of not getting first place on this second to final race was hard to swallow. It was hard to watch the media coverage of his fall. Most importantly his coach was worried that this might overtake him and prevent him from performing his best in the gold medal race...

This is Mikes story.

This is also many people on GYE story as well. Tonight it is my story....

All my life I wanted to reach the level of getting past these issues. I so badly wanted overcome my addiction or strong lust if you prefer. To stop watching things that made me depressed or to act out and not feel nay better from it.

B"H! I made it to 272 whopping and amazing days!!! Days filled with kedusha and growth!!!

Then last night I fell. Not nearly as bad as what my old falls where, but a fall nonetheless. I lost my streak. I would have to come onto my forum page and tell everyone that I failed. I couldn't maintain this forever. Quite embarrassing no?

I think though everyone who read Mike's story would be thinking something different. Mike's story is merely to illustrate how the minor fall is just a trap to hold us back from getting the Gold medal. Mike may have fallen and finished fourth but he is very much still the favorite to win the Gold. 

This is what I will do. Pick myself back up and go for the Gold! I was also born in a far away country. I was born in a generation that shmiras aynayim isn't the favorite sport of the day. People laugh at us when they see us hiding from things that "seem" so normal to them. But when we pick ourselves up and work on ourselves, after all our hard work we will find a Gold medal around our neck and have a special place up in shamayim. Because although we may have fallen a few times, in the final race that matters most we came in first!

#Day 272 + Day 1

Thank you everyone for your support! You are the coach in the story and you are crucial in running this race!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: STORY TIME 07 Aug 2019 20:47 #342741

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Winnie the Pooh and Kanga have been taking a daily stroll for a long time, and despite all attempts, regardless of which back street they take, they always bump into

T
G
G
E
RRRRRR :-(
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: STORY TIME 08 Aug 2019 22:49 #342766

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Anna asked me to post the following as he is having trouble posting on the forum:

The man shifted in his chair, staring at the screen.  Logging on" the screen said. His most recent visited website began loading. For a moment he hesitated, things were different now then they were a week ago. A fleeting thought to close the browser passed through his mind. What if he got caught. The screen came to life with the gruesome pictures of a lower hell and he was lost once again.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Time to create page: 1.08 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes