Welcome, Guest

Raboisai - I'm Living Real!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 7740 Views

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 21 Aug 2024 17:25 #419589

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 281 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
For those who had to run, there was another joiner at the end...

I think this broke the GYE record! 6/7 of us! Was surreal!

Starting with the rushing mayim, and from the peeking oigen in the front. Then a sense of heeling walked through the door, followed by the OLD MAN named after a lake. Shmoozing awkwardly together we were all jabbed by none other than... We then wished our blessing to the one who wish to be part of the conversation. Finally yekusiel enhanced us with his presence. 

This is the scoop of it... There's a lot more... From crises to crises ...

There are no words to describe it, Muttel you're hired for the poem!!!!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2024 17:26 by yiftach.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 21 Aug 2024 17:57 #419591

• iwannalivereal
  • Current streak: 383 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
Wow guys that was totally out o' this world! It was so nice and meaningful for me. Each guy that showed up added such a tremendous amount to the simcha, and so did all the phone calls, texts, and regards that I got from those that couldn't make it.

Happens to be funny because I was thinking that only I know how many guys actually were there. Then I realized that the jokes on me. Chances are there were other GYE guys, or at least there were other strugglers there that I don't know about. Too bad on them they missed out on quite a reunion.

I mentioned to someone earlier how looking forward to the bris, my biggest excitement was who from the oilam is gonna come. I had a nice full table of friends, yet I barely noticed them. It's so amazing to be a part of an oilam of guys who really truly care about each other. The feelings that I have for the oilam are so much stronger than my "old" friends. Boruch shezachisi to part of this amazing family.

So far the family hasn't been giving me too rough of a time why I have so many interesting looking friends, although my wife did ask me who that old man was that I was talking to. When I told her that I wasn't really talking to him, he was just talking to minhamayim, my shver popped in - hey but he was there the whole bris and was listening to every word you said... oops!
Feel free to say hi! iwannalivereal@gmail.com
Check out my story here!

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 21 Aug 2024 18:19 #419592

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, unbeknownst to yall, there were 8 of IWLR’s “sign friends” there. And at least one of the older Chashuvim in the room is a GYE old-timer from way back…
…And Hillel S. was standing at the side, though none of us know what he looks like, tzaddik nistar that he is. 

All this could have been. Maybe it even was. But what is certainly Emes is that Yiddin can come from completely different walks of like and not even know anything external about each other, yet still be connected in the VERY DEEPEST ways, and grow together in ways they never could have imagined before. There’s a big lesson here, and I’m still digesting it, (along with that whole wheat bagel- ugh. IWLR, you owe me a sandwich!). 

Truth is, I’m pretty emotional now.
So was Eliyahu Hanavi.
He doesn’t get to officiate at such an event every day… 
There was a special fire burning, all around the baby, couldn’t you see?!?

יה״ר שתזכו לגדלו לרום פסגת המעלות לתורה ולעבודת השי״ת ולחופה ולמעשים טובים וימלא כל משאלותיכם תמיד לטובה ולברכה !!

לחיים!

PS- Can someone please show this thread to Dov and ask him if he still thinks that GYE is about toxic secrecy?

Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2024 18:23 by chaimoigen.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 21 Aug 2024 18:28 #419594

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 21 Aug 2024 18:19:
There’s a big lesson here, and I’m still digesting it, (along with that whole wheat bagel- ugh. IWLR, you owe me a sandwich!). 

Shoot!

Eerie I feel betrayed. How could you not partake of such a chashuve seudas mitzva??

There goes the gift card. Redfaced I think you owe Eagle138 some booty.
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2024 18:31 by chosemyshem.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 21 Aug 2024 20:23 #419607

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The crowd parted to allow the Guest of Honor through, disengaged as he was.

He ascended the alter and the time honored benediction was emotionally recited.

​How his entrance to the temporal vestibule aroused a rush of emotion for so many of us, present and otherwise…

Tatte! See the results of such pure dedication to the fight that crushes many, 
The subliminal outcome of the כח הרבים when banded together. 

The product of someone giving all he has just to bring you נחת דקדושה from your children not yet blessed with the requisite tools…

The magic in the hall this morning was enough to give a jolt even to YKW,
The camaraderie that only challenge and pure victory can create,

Where thoughts from those thousands of miles away cannot tear away from this precious celebration…

And we carry on with our holy work איש איש על מקומו ועל מסעו…..

May we all continue to bring tremendous pleasure to our dearest Father on High with our devotion to his precious kinder…..

Signing off with a heart bursting with joy and elation at this tremendous simcha of our dear brother, on behalf of the oilam,

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 00:00 #419626

• minhamayim
  • Current streak: 73 days
  • Senior Boarder
Mazel tov mazel tov. Truly was an emotional simcha.

Although a bit overwhelming for me, as this was the first time meeting most of the oilam, I truly enjoyed every minute. 

Looking around at first trying to figure out who's who....

Im not sure why but i was positive that the guy combing his scraggly red beard with his cloudy glasses the entire davening was redface.

Heeling was obvious for obvious reasons. (he also happens to look like a heeling)

The old yid with the long flowing snow white beard leaning on his cane just HAD to be eerie (turns out I was right on that one)

And chaimoigen- well I figured that either he'd be wearing a mask anyway or he'd arrive huffing and puffing well after everyone had left. So I didn't try. 

everyone else either I knew already or they came after. 

IWLR,

What you did for me and for so many others...  the zechusim you have...

How you tirelessly work to make sure others can find what you've found. That they be able to taste that sweet pure taste of freedom that you've come to know so well. 

What an honor to be able to take part in your simcha.

....תזכו לגדלו

MinHamayim
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 00:01 by minhamayim.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 01:05 #419630

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
minhamayim wrote on 22 Aug 2024 00:00:

The old yid with the long flowing snow white beard leaning on his cane just HAD to be eerie (turns out I was right on that one)

It wasn't Cordnoy? 
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 02:24 #419631

• chaimoigen
  • Platinum Boarder

And- Chaimoigen well I figured that either he'd be wearing a mask anyway or he'd arrive huffing and puffing well after everyone had left. So I didn't try. 

MinHamayim

It was great meeting you. But I think we need to get to know each other better ‘cause neither of the above are my style at all…

KOMT
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 03:04 by chaimoigen.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 03:28 #419632

• chaimoigen
  • Platinum Boarder
At the risk of Chas Vishalom breaking up the party a bit, I would like to raise a sensitive point. 

I am a tremendous believer in the life-changing power of the relationships created here in this sacred space, friendships which are deeper and stronger than anything, and are completely transformative. I believe that much of the change that happens here in GYE is through these relationships. And I have had many calls and meetings with so many special people here in the forums.

HOWEVER, I would like to take a moment to point out that meeting someone, and opening yourself and being vulnerable about the most personal and painful secrets in one’s life is an extremely sensitive and difficult thing to do. It’s a sacred and special act. It’s not a casual thing. 

Even a phone call is difficult to make. To share a real name is a huge thing to do. Not simple . Not everyone is ready to meet. That’s ok.   

We’ve been pushing calls and meetings. And many have discovered the exhilarating joy, the liberation, and the ecstatic feeling that one can have after such a meeting. But a lot of times there are tears too. It can be incredibly difficult to go to that first meeting, when you become accountable to someone and yourself in a different way than anything you’ve experienced before. 

I don’t want people to feel pushed to meet meet if they aren’t ready. And when a person chooses to have such a meeting, it’s a sacred trust. 

I had met each individual that was there today beforehand (except one), one on one, in very special times, that did not take place in a casual way. Each of those meeting is a precious memory thy will never be forgotten. 

I thought carefully before traveling to the special Simcha today, and chose to do so, but it was perhaps a bechina of אהבה מקלקלת את השורה. I’m glad I did, under the circumstances but it’s not really the kind of thing I am so comfortable with, full truth be told. A private meeting in a quiet place in Yerushalayim, or the in a quiet shul, where no one can hear the whispered meeting of souls, that’s more my style. 

So I guess my point is - if someone on the forum is uncomfortable with meeting others that’s ok. I don’t think people should feel that they have to be ready for such meetings to “buy in”. One step at a time.

These relationships are beyond precious, and hold within them hope and much more. But they can start on forums, proceed to pm and email, and then when and if youre ready, a call. Then maybe take it to the next level. Each is a powerful tool for recovery. Step by step, what works for you. 

Love you all!
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 03:49 by chaimoigen.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 03:31 #419633

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Captain wrote on 22 Aug 2024 01:05:

It wasn't Cordnoy? 

Cordnoy does NOT fit that description. 

You met him during Covid when he was wearing a mask or what????
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 04:15 #419635

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 03:28:
At the risk of Chas Vishalom breaking up the party a bit, I would like to raise a sensitive point. 

I am a tremendous believer in the life-changing power of the relationships created here in this sacred space, friendships which are deeper and stronger than anything, and are completely transformative. I believe that much of the change that happens here in GYE is through these relationships. And I have had many calls and meetings with so many special people here in the forums.

HOWEVER, I would like to take a moment to point out that meeting someone, and opening yourself and being vulnerable about the most personal and painful secrets in one’s life is an extremely sensitive and difficult thing to do. It’s a sacred and special act. It’s not a casual thing. 

Even a phone call is difficult to make. Not everyone is ready to meet. That’s ok.   

We’ve been pushing calls and meetings. And many have discovered the exhilarating joy, the liberation, and the ecstatic feeling that one can have after such a meeting. But a lot of times there are tears too. It can be incredibly difficult to go to that first meeting, when you become accountable to someone and yourself in a different way than anything you’ve experienced before. 

I don’t want people to feel pushed to meet meet if they aren’t ready. And when a person chooses to have such a meeting, it’s a sacred trust. 

I had met each individual that was there today beforehand (except one), one on one, in very special times, that did not take place in a casual way. Each of those meeting is a precious memory thy will never be forgotten. 

I thought carefully before traveling to the special Simcha today, and chose to do so, but it was perhaps a bechina of אהבה מקלקלת את השורה. I’m glad I did, under the circumstances but it’s not really the kind of thing I am so comfortable with, full truth be told. A private meeting in a quiet place in Yerushalayim, or the in a quiet shul, where no one can hear the whispered meeting of souls, that’s more my style. 

So I guess my point is - if someone on the forum is uncomfortable with meeting others that’s ok. I don’t think people should feel that they have to be ready for such meetings to “buy in”. One step at a time.

These relationships are beyond precious, and hold within them hope and much more. But they can start on forums, proceed to pm and email, and then when and if youre ready, a call. Then maybe take it to the next level. Each is a powerful tool for recovery. Step by step, what works for you. 

Love you all!

Thank you, Reb Chaim, for raising this important and nuanced point.

Its interesting that I was actually just discussing this earlier tonight with a friend who had been more active on the forum in the past.

The benefits of those who have made friends from the forum are immeasurable.

But, as CO said, it really is sacred…

There are different types of personalities, some extroverted, some more introverted.

Some folks like their privacy, not wanting their name bandied about out there. Some people are well known in the community and are only increasing the risk of being outed in what is a very stigmatized issue. It can be pretty sensitive.

It is exhausting for a regular person to maintain so many vulnerable, deep relationships. It takes time and effort, and for me, it can be overwhelming at times.

A phone call is not stam ”just” a phone call. And a person doesn’t always necessarily feel comfortable sharing their name. That’s their nature.

A dear friend texted me earlier about how he’s on a high from meeting so many GYE friends. I understand him, he is a super friendly, outgoing fellow and enjoys it. He is a special person doing amazing work, helping other people. He has my admiration and respect. Me personally? I’d need a week to process meeting ten GYE guys in one day.

I guess the bottom line is, everybody can and should do what works for them, and there’s nothing to be taken personally if what works for me doesn’t work for somebody else, or vice versa.

Mega Dittos on the “Love you all”!

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 12:38 #419687

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
youknowwho wrote on 22 Aug 2024 04:15:

chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 03:28:

Even a phone call is difficult to make. Not everyone is ready to meet. That’s ok.   

Love you all!

Thank you, Reb Chaim, for raising this important and nuanced point.

Its interesting that I was actually just discussing this earlier tonight with a friend who had been more active on the forum in the past.

The benefits of those who have made friends from the forum are immeasurable.

But, as CO said, it really is sacred…

There are different types of personalities, some extroverted, some more introverted.

Some folks like their privacy, not wanting their name bandied about out there. Some people are well known in the community and are only increasing the risk of being outed in what is a very stigmatized issue. It can be pretty sensitive.

It is exhausting for a regular person to maintain so many vulnerable, deep relationships. It takes time and effort, and for me, it can be overwhelming at times.

A phone call is not stam ”just” a phone call. And a person doesn’t always necessarily feel comfortable sharing their name. That’s their nature.

A dear friend texted me earlier about how he’s on a high from meeting so many GYE friends. I understand him, he is a super friendly, outgoing fellow and enjoys it. He is a special person doing amazing work, helping other people. He has my admiration and respect. Me personally? I’d need a week to process meeting ten GYE guys in one day.

I guess the bottom line is, everybody can and should do what works for them, and there’s nothing to be taken personally if what works for me doesn’t work for somebody else, or vice versa.

Mega Dittos on the “Love you all”!

Your weeks processing time begins now. NOW!
Expect a full on assault next week....
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 12:56 #419691

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 22 Aug 2024 03:31:

Captain wrote on 22 Aug 2024 01:05:

It wasn't Cordnoy? 

Cordnoy does NOT fit that description. 

You met him during Covid when he was wearing a mask or what????

I was basing it on his avatar
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 13:56 #419694

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 02:24:

And- Chaimoigen well I figured that either he'd be wearing a mask anyway or he'd arrive huffing and puffing well after everyone had left. So I didn't try. 

MinHamayim

It was great meeting you. But I think we need to get to know each other better ‘cause neither of the above are my style at all…

KOMT

Talk about late to the party, I missed the whole thing!!!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Darn Burma...

[Edit: Some things are better left unsaid. Suffice it to say...'twas a wonderful smack...]

I think that's more what he has in mind...

IWLR,
I know I missed the whole party.
Mazel tov!
 כשם שנכנס לברית כן יכנס לתורה, לחופה, ולמעשים 
טובים!!
There really are no words to thank you for what you have done for me. That first conversation, starting with texting, and continuing to phone calls (and unfortunately hasn't turned into a meeting yet...but I'll gladly give you my address whenever you are ready!  really got on the start to enter the GYE world.
As you know, you were the first person I spoke to, and you were my runway.
I'm flying now because of your start.
Thank you!
 יה"ר שיזכה לראות בנים ובני בנים עוסקים בתורה ובמצוות בקדושה וטהרה אמיתית!!!
ויזכה לקבל פני משיח צדקינו במהרה בימינו בקרונ ממש אכי"ר!

מעומקא דליבי,
proudyungerman
Last Edit: 04 Sep 2024 13:40 by proudyungerman. Reason: Some things are better left unsaid

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 14:00 #419696

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 21 Aug 2024 18:19:

PS- Can someone please show this thread to Dov and ask him if he still thinks that GYE is about toxic secrecy?

Tried hitting thank you too many times.
Whatever.
Can't agree more.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Time to create page: 1.24 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes