Welcome, Guest

Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24042 Views

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 20:42 #359516

• yuyu
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Senior Boarder
Anyhow, you are brave for being here on GYE, and you are brave for sharing with us your struggle. A brave man you are. Keep fighting. 

As a side note, I would mention to you "Codependency". Look into it. 
What does a GUN and LUST have in common? 
Remove the trigger, you remove their power. 

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 21:01 #359517

yuyu wrote on 23 Dec 2020 20:42:
Anyhow, you are brave for being here on GYE, and you are brave for sharing with us your struggle. A brave man you are. Keep fighting. 

As a side note, I would mention to you "Codependency". Look into it. 

Thanks
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 21:55 #359526

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
Shalom,
I think that This time i l lwin and yuyu stated opinions very similar to what i said with possibly a little more clarity.
However, at this point I would venture to say the back and forth is somewhat futile. You believe this is the love of your life. Others are saying maybe not. End of story. We all agree (including you) that a break is needed now. You are doing an amazing job with this and are inspiration to us all!
I do want to caution you that this concept of love is something to be worked on one day. BH at this stage in my life (married 40s with kids KH) logically I have the concept clear. However,even now i will sometimes (during pre GYE or a real fall) connect with someone online or phone and convince myself that we really have an emotional connection. It is a "real" feeling that i have. BH ,my logical self is able to banish that thought at this time and realize that it is an illusion mixed with lust.But it can still be a challenge. Yes,I can even sometimes think that females I associate with on a regular basis such as  my coworker,nurse,etc etc really likes me because I noticed they laugh at my jokes,smile sweetly at me  or some other total nonsense like that.
Hatzlocha!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 22:43 #359531

• Thistimeillwin
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Shtark,

I'm sorry if I came off so blunt.  I have all the admiration in the world for the struggles you have been through and your bravery to take a break, they are singing your praises in shamayim right now.  All I am saying is that emotions are blind, and injected with testosterone, are even blinder.  You are clearly head-over-heels for this girl.  I'm not saying there isn't a 1% chance you two were made for each other.  I don't know you or the girl, nor your relationship with her which is quite deep.  What I am saying is that 100% your situation does not let you think objectively.  I'm just trying to give you a more objective perspective.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 23:37 #359538

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 23 Dec 2020 17:43:

Shtarkandemotional wrote on 23 Dec 2020 05:41:
Hey all! Hope everyones doing good! Wow! Day #2 I had my moments today lol! Honestly feels like such a long busy day can’t even remember it anymore ... accomplished a lot Bh! Yeshiva helped me Aton to control the sadness Bh !!! This time around feels much easier Bh! The sadness hits me mainly at night but at least it’s bearable ! I miss her a lot !! WISHING I CAN HER FROM HER!!!! Wish I can hear about her day and everything !  Feels like someone is gone! But I keep reminding myself she’s there I’m just taking a healthy step away... so for it being #2 today was- FANTASTIC!!! I hope for her it is the same!!! Thank you all!!! 

How did Reb Akiva manage being away from his beloved for 12 years?

If you can be relaxed without taking to your girlfriend for 12 days, then cool. 

If not, then it’s quite clear it’s not love that connects your dots. . .
She’s an unhealthy crutch for some empty ness that you should daven for the ness that you find a way to fill the void with true avoidah so as to become a fully decent person and then also a quality husband. Or maybe with therapy?
Yeah it is more expensive than she is, but on the long run, yeah...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 23 Dec 2020 23:41 by Markz.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 23 Dec 2020 23:51 #359540

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 23 Dec 2020 23:37:

Hey all! Hope everyones doing good! Wow! Day #2 I had my moments today lol! Honestly feels like such a long busy day can’t even remember it anymore ... accomplished a lot Bh! Yeshiva helped me Aton to control the sadness Bh !!! This time around feels much easier Bh! The sadness hits me mainly at night but at least it’s bearable ! I miss her a lot !! WISHING I CAN HER FROM HER!!!! Wish I can hear about her day and everything !  Feels like someone is gone! But I keep reminding myself she’s there I’m just taking a healthy step away... so for it being #2 today was- FANTASTIC!!! I hope for her it is the same!!! Thank you all!!! 

She’s an unhealthy crutch for some empty ness that you should daven for the ness that you find a way to fill the void with true avoidah so as to become a fully decent person and then also a quality husband. Or maybe with therapy?

Maskim 100%
Though not sure if he’s ready to hear this right now...

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 00:06 #359541

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 23 Dec 2020 23:51:

Maskim 100%

Firstly mr YeshivaGuy from Dunkin’, I hope our friend mr Emotional is subscribed to YOUR thread. 

Secondly I wrote it for our friend to read 2 years after he’s married 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2020 00:08 by Markz.

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 00:34 #359542

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 24 Dec 2020 00:06:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 23 Dec 2020 23:51:

Maskim 100%

Firstly mr YeshivaGuy from Dunkin’, I hope our friend mr Emotional is subscribed to YOUR thread. 

Secondly I wrote it for our friend to read 2 years after he’s married 

Gotcha. 
Ive had a lot of stuff to say here but have held back cuz didn’t think it would be appreciated or heeded...
Anyway, glad to see at least YOU read my thread

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 03:55 #359572

Hey all!!!!! Wow!!
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 03:55 #359573

Firstly I wanna thank everyone for commenting! I appreciate all your input!!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 03:57 #359574

I’m gonna comment on everyone’s opinions etc! But first I wanna talk about my day- day #3! And then I wanna share something that’s in my mind that I’m wishing to share with my girlfriend but I’m gonna post it here to get it off my chest;) 

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 04:02 #359575

So #3!!! I got up early!!!! Went to the mikvah before shachris, davenned after, and picked up an amazing breakfast and went to yeshiva!!! Had an amazing day with a lil on and off and actually a slip but I’m in track!!!! Praying praying praying!!!! Learning and going unbelievably amazing!!!! I treated myself to a big huge 400$ speaker to uplift my soul and Blast my favorite Jewish music!!!! Played football with my friends tonight and something came in the mail(something I worked hard on and special for my love)!!! And had a really good talk in learning with one of my friends !!!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 04:03 #359576

I don't think any single will properly understand what the married guys say about marriage.

I too thought one way and only realized after marriage, so I don't think it's smart to try convince a single to think like us. 

I think it's great that singles have the passion sam has for marriage.

As far as not being able to survive without her, someone meantioned codependency, that might be a factor here.
Again I don't think a single can properly understand how codependency will effect them because only marriage will properly bring out by the person his codependency. 

This is part of nature how hashem set things up, we only see things properly once we're there. 

So sam, keep up the fighting!! Don't be nispoel. Try finding a therapist, that ca guide you through this chapter of your life.

I support your feelings, that this might be your potential wife, however for now taking a break will do great. 

Hatslocho,
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 04:10 #359579

And I want to share a special thought with my love! I wish I would know how she’s feeling at the MOMENT;)! I wish I can say “honey, don’t forget your love is here for you, he really loves and cares so much about you... and we’re in this together..” I wanna give her a big hug or at least at heart and make sure she’s doing ok and managing with this break! “Honey, always remember why we did what we did the step we took!!! And always remember I’m here for you! Always and forever!!! We’re just taking this small healthy break darling!! If you only knew!!! If you only know how much reward we’re getting how much reward your getting my davvening is so much more concentrated!! My learning is UNFATHOMABLE!!!! Honey, this step is going amazing for me (there are some challenging moments of course), and BOY your getting a hell of a lot of reward!!! Hang in there darling, very very soon we’ll be again on a date together have an awesome conversation together and most importantly always remember if anything really gets too painful we’re here for each other” !!! These are my thoughts so I’m sharing with the chevra!

Re: Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship 24 Dec 2020 04:13 #359580

Would really love to know how’s she’s doing at the Moment:( hope she’s ok!!!! 

Time to create page: 0.77 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes