Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 103956 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 13 Sep 2022 21:23 #385685

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey YG, I don’t really have much to add to all the chizuk and advice but I just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you. You sound like a strong guy and you will get through this and be all the better for it. Keep On Monstuh Truckin’!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 00:22 #385858

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear brother 
where are you?
We have not heard from you in so long

Sending a hug

Eyes

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 03:21 #385870

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eyes wrote on 20 Sep 2022 00:22:
Dear brother 
where are you?

Sending a hug

Eyes

Thanks for asking.
And thank you all for your comments, support, and eitza. I haven’t heard recently from some of you and it means a lot to hear from each and every one of you.

Where am I? 
My current geological presence is clear to me.
What I struggle with is where am I going and why? Why has this path been foisted upon me?
Why couldn’t I continue shteiging in Yeshiva?
Why has GD destroyed my former “Self,” leaving me with this new being whom I no longer recognize?

This past year has been life altering.
Unimaginably transformational. 
And I can’t turn back the clock.

״על אלא אני בוכיה״

A side thought: There’s so much talk about Tekufas Elul, the ימי רצון. People love throwing around these nice quotes and concepts, “the king is in the field.” 
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe I’m not interested in running after the “king” right now?
Elul is after Av.
After Churban, Hashem shows he wants a relationship with us etc.
Very nice.
But He hurt us! He hurt Me! Who says I want an Elul after an Av?

On R”H we are to accept Hashem as the Melech, Klall Yusrael is actively Mamlich the Boreh Olam, unlike the Umos HaOlam to whom Hashem is a “Moshel”- against their will.
And yet, as we get closer to R”H, I find myself reluctant to be Mamlich Hashem.
Facing Hashem Yisborach as one by one we’re ״הולכין לפניו כבני מרון״ I imagine myself facing Hashem with a “krechtz” and refusing to keep the line moving.
The rest of Klall Yisrael, the world, will need to wait as I face GD…

I’ll spare you all further details of my mind’s depiction…
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2022 03:55 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 05:37 #385875

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 103 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 20 Sep 2022 03:21:

A side thought: There’s so much talk about Tekufas Elul, the ימי רצון. People love throwing around these nice quotes and concepts, “the king is in the field.” 
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe I’m not interested in running after the “king” right now?
Elul is after Av.
Very nice.

On R”H we are to accept Hashem as the Melech, Klall Yusrael is actively Mamlich the Boreh Olam, unlike the Umos HaOlam to whom Hashem is a “Moshel”- against their will.
Facing Hashem Yisborach as one by one we’re ״הולכין לפניו כבני מרון״ I imagine myself facing Hashem with a “krechtz” and refusing to keep the line moving.

#relateable
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 13:46 #385884

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

Dear brother 
where are you?

Sending a hug

Eyes

Thanks for asking.
And thank you all for your comments, support, and eitza. I haven’t heard recently from some of you and it means a lot to hear from each and every one of you.

Where am I? 
What I struggle with is where am I going and why? Why has this path been foisted upon me?
Why has GD destroyed my former “Self,” leaving me with this new being whom I no longer recognize?

״על אלא אני בוכיה״

Elul is after Av.
Very nice.

YG, we are all with you in this!!!!!!

Im wondering if you would replace the word “GD” in your message with the words with “my father”, as though you’re mad at your father, Would it ring the same?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 15:55 #385885

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder

Dear brother 
where are you?

Sending a hug

Eyes

Thanks for asking.

Where am I? 

״על אלא אני בוכיה״

Elul is after Av.
Very nice.

Your pain seems to be unbearable. We are here with you. One of the Rebbis of Ger once had a huge loss in his family. The Rebbi said "such a אכזריות is only possible to be done be the בעל הרחמים himself". 
We pray that you should be able to find serenity and peace of mind. 
מתוך צרה המציאם. פדות ורווחה
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 17:39 #385888

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 20 Sep 2022 15:55:
Your pain seems to be unbearable. We are here with you.

One of the Rebbis of Ger once had a huge loss in his family. The Rebbi said "such a אכזריות is only possible to be done be the בעל הרחמים himself"

What r he Rebbi said can help someone who has healthy attachments with all 3 parents (dad, mom & Gd), and loves them all.
I don’t see it as a consolation for our holy brother that is (I believe rightfully) upset with any of his parents!

Please grab yourself a 16 gal. Coffee mug and re-read this thread :-)

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2022 17:54 by Markz.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Sep 2022 19:21 #385890

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 20 Sep 2022 17:39:

One of the Rebbis of Ger once had a huge loss in his family. The Rebbi said "such a אכזריות is only possible to be done be the בעל הרחמים himself"

What r he Rebbi said can help someone who has healthy attachments with all 3 parents (dad, mom & Gd), and loves them all.
I don’t see it as a consolation for our holy brother that is (I believe rightfully) upset with any of his parents!

Thank you for the clarity and I hope I didn't offend our friend YeshivaGuy
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Sep 2022 03:15 #386005

Hi Yeshiva Guy. So hard to hear about your Elul struggles. It definitely makes sense that you aren't the most interested in greeting the King after such a difficult year. I can only share with you my limited perspective. Certain years were also very challenging for me. I decided that I am not going to force myself to feel what everyone thinks they are supposed to feel on Rosh Hashana. I decided that I don't care how long my Shmoneh Esrei was. I was literally going to do one thing. Show up. I was going to go to Shul, focus and say the words, and whatever would happen I would be OK with it. I was sick of trying to force myself to feel scared about the Yom HaDin or happy about Hashem being king. I wanted to try to be as genuine as I could be. Rabbi YY Jacobson says that Rosh Hashana is a time of judgement in the sense that we take an honest look at our relationship with Hashem and examine the ruptures and breaks and brokenness inside us. I remember a story about a certain Chassid whose Rebbe told him to go to a certain town and watch the innkeeper perform Kapparos. The innkeeper would sit at his table with two giant ledgers in front of him. He would open the first one and read all of the misfortunes and suffering that had befallen him the previous year. "Hashem, on September 2 my stable burnt down. We had to use all of our savings to build a new one. Then, on October 19, my wife got a terrible case of pneumonia. She was so sick for weeks. A month later my brother Leibel passed away leaving behind a wife and three young children." When he finished he closed the book and opened the second one and started to read. "I mistreated someone who came to the inn. They were very difficult and I lost my patience. I Davened without any Kavana. I spoke Lashon Hara about a friend of mine." Crying bitterly, he then picked up both books, waved them over his head and said "Hashem, you gave me a hard year, but I also wasn't the best son. Let's forgive each other and start anew." I think the best thing for you to do is to go to Shul and have an honest and respectable conversation with Hashem. Talk to Him from where you are. Tell him how difficult this past year has been. Ask him to help you understand why He did this to you. Tell him how much you try to be close to Him, but you feel that you are being pushed away. In any relationship, when both parties can show up to the table and have a conversation, even if it's hard, then healing can happen. Hashem wants to hear from you, and he wants to hear your perspective. Take your time. The whole world would happily wait as YeshivaGuy talks to his Father, his King.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Sep 2022 08:32 #386038

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 20 Sep 2022 19:21:

Markz wrote on 20 Sep 2022 17:39:

Thank you for the clarity and I hope I didn't offend our friend YeshivaGuy

Chas v’shalom! You’re such a dear friend always looking to give chizuk and help other Jews. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and I wish you much hatzlocha in your own inyanim as well.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Sep 2022 21:31 #386054

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a great streak going.
Had a pretty good R”H.
Managed to go to Mikva first time in awhile without being trauma triggered.
Went to Yeshiva for it, on my way back…

Today: Saw bad vids/masterbated in my car (gross).
Went to rest stop to regroup. Got back to car. Saw more trash, masterbated 2nd time in car.

Trying to call filter to fix but not answering. Super pissed off at myself etc rn. So gross.
Feeling like an addict idk, my friend is starting SA after all…

Hopefuly I won’t drive off a bridge during rest of my travel today.
Been in the same stupid ass random place for over 2 hours f’ing around.

Bye.
Last Edit: 28 Sep 2022 21:32 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Sep 2022 23:37 #386062

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
דע לך אחי אחי אחי
שבכל מצב שהיא אתה אתי

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Sep 2022 04:59 #386079

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Again again.
Im at my breaking point.
wrote a post and got lost.
I’ve lost all semblance of sanity, mind won’t work, just lust.
Im a horrible person, a rasha and gaining weight.
My life is worthless.
Am I an addict? Will that change anything?
It will def help make me feel worse.
I feel beyond all repair.

Im sick and tired of being on this site! God! Get me off Gye! Why am I still here? I’m only worse off than before, sunken lower and have become more compulsive.
I can’t function. Something’s gotta move because I have a job now and this can’t continue. Something’s gotta give, would really rather not be alive rn.

Side note is I took on to do for a yartzeit Maseches zavim (inyana deyoma

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Sep 2022 10:02 #386084

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Yeshiva Bochur, not just a guy
You are not a rasha, please stop beating yourself up. It will only drag you further.
HHM always told me that if you start beating yourself up the YH has you by his fist and throwing you deeper into the mud.

1. You are an amazing person and an ereliche human being. I remember when you joined this website. You were such an inspiration that you helped many with their issues
2. You are going through some challenges right now. You are dealing with them. Dont be so hard on yourself. Relax

We all understand and trust me its hard. I too feel the same way when I go through that rough period. It is hard to swallow when these bouts occur. I look at myself and say "me I'm into this" its hard to detach as it is so luring.

You are not alone, we are all with you. Cheering you on the way. We all deal with our own stuff whether we write it here or not. You are not alone. Keep posting.

Just know that without knowing our names, we stand with you. We stand behind you. We are all rooting here for each other.

Please dont give up.
You can do it.
You have done it so many times and were matzliach.

Please hang in there.

With lots of hugs 

EYES

edit 

just read an article that really hit home 
adapted from
www.chabad.org5 Ways to Channel Negative EnergyTake every bit of oppression and suffering and elevate it, make it holy

Think of what happens when you experience an intense negative emotion like anger or resentment: You may feel pressure in your head and tension throughout your body. Sometimes, this energy explodes outward, and you yell, bang things or stomp around. Or maybe you’re an internalizer and keep negative energy inside: You can’t eat, you can’t sleep, you can’t think straight.

Why do negative emotions generate so much more energy than positive ones? When the milk spills, we may get aggravated and annoyed; on the flip side, we don’t feel joy and exhilaration when the milk lands in the glass. We remember stopping at red lights but not sailing through the green signals. We expect things to go right for us most of the time, so we don’t notice or pay attention to the good that happens. Our negative emotions are activated only when things don’t go the way we think they should.

Very often, our happiest emotions are triggered by relief: finding an important object that was lost or finding out that we don’t have a terrible disease after all. The elation of an averted tragedy is greater than the humdrum contentment of daily life. Imagine if we could feel joy with the same intensity as we feel anger and annoyance. We wouldn’t need to win a million dollars to feel a surge of glee.

The Divine Plan: Light Out of Darkness

Why did G‑d create the world this way, that we experience negative events more intensely than positive ones?

The descent of the soul into this world is a yerida l’tzorech aliyah—a descent for the sake of an ascent. Initially, the soul was in the highest possible spiritual world, in communion with the Divine. But G‑d sends the soul down below into a world of darkness and pain in order for us to transform it. If we would just go back to the place we were before, there would be no purpose to this journey. There has to be some payoff.

When we take the anger and hurt of the past and do something beautiful with it, we have created light out of the darkness. The greater the negative feeling and pain, the greater the intensity of good that can come out of it. This has been our goal and purpose throughout generations of exile. Take every bit of oppression and suffering and elevate it; make it holy. Refuse to be beaten down by exile; on the contrary, come out the victor.

• Whenever I’m feeling frustrated or irritated, I attack the dishes. The warm running water soothes me, and the rubbing and scrubbing is a good outlet for nervous energy. As an added bonus, I end up with a clean sink and clean dishes.
  • I work in a toxic environment with a lot of gossiping, backbiting and overall hostility. I brought a charity box and coins to my office. Whenever a co-worker makes a snippy remark, instead of stewing or retaliating, I drop a coin into the box. Slowly, I can feel the negativity being pushed away, and a greater calm and amiability take its place.
  • My 6-year-old thrives on drama. She will do anything to get a rise out of me—kick, pinch, throw something, use bad language. I used to take the bait every time and react with anger. After taking a parent training course, I learned instead to save the most intense response for the good things she does. I cheer like mad for her if she puts away her clothes, clears her dish from the table or plays nicely with her sister. She quickly learned that doing good is a lot more fun and stimulating than being bad.

Restoring the ‘Hey’

We are now in the 10 days of teshuvah between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Teshuvah is commonly translated as “repentance,” but is more accurately defined as return or restoration. Our purpose on earth is to restore the hey of the Divine name back to its rightful place.

The four-letter Divine name consists of a yud, hey, vav and hey. The letter yud is a point, representing the essence of the Divine. When G‑d created the world, He expanded that essence in all directions, symbolized by the hey. The letter vav represents the downward extension of Divine energy into the lower worlds, and the second hey symbolizes its further expansion in the physical universe.

Whenever we do something wrong, we take the Divine energy of the hey and use it for negativity, thus trapping the Shechinah (Divine presence) within the force of evil. When we do teshuvah, we release the Shechinah from its exile and restore it to its original source.

But the purpose of the soul coming down into the world is not just to restore the world to the same state in which we found it. We are meant to gain something from it. This is accomplished through a higher form of teshuvah, which actually transforms our misdeeds into merits.

How Our Misdeeds Become Merits

Whenever we do wrong, we create distance between ourselves and G‑d. When our soul becomes sensitive to this, it evokes in us a profound and intense yearning to be closer to G‑d. What was the impetus for this yearning? Our sin. Through that sin, we created a negative energy, which then propelled us forward to reconnect to G‑d with greater devotion.

This is the greatest expression of turning something negative, our sins, into mitzvot.

When I lost my job due to a poor performance evaluation, I was devastated. I wanted to curl up into a ball, and wallow in resentment and misery. But I decided to adopt a growth mindset. I enrolled in a course to improve my skills and worked through my emotions with a therapist. I soon landed a new job that was a better fit in every way—better hours, better working conditions and better pay.

Channeling Negative Energy

Negative energy is powerful and can be channeled into useful work. Here are some ways you can transform negative energy into something positive:

1. Spend more time noticing the things that are going right. Before getting annoyed with a friend for not calling you back, think of all the times she did call and was there for you. Instead of raging over a fender-bender, think of all the car trips that concluded safely and uneventfully.
  2. When negative emotions build up inside and demand an outlet, discharge that energy by using it to do something positive. Say a prayer. Give a coin to charity. Cook a nourishing meal for a friend who’s ill. Using negative energy for positive gain is a great way of seizing control and transforming our most painful emotions.
  3. Some people are driven to achieve great things to prove wrong those who had no faith in them, who told them they would not succeed. “I’ll show them!” is an example of taking negativity and transforming it for good.
  4. The Hebrew word for acceptance is hishtalmut, “to be at peace.” We can truly be at peace with negative events we experienced when we realize that there was a Divine purpose behind them. Think of some challenges you experienced in your life. Reflect on ways that the challenge helped you grow and become the person you are today.
  5. This Yom Kippur, take advantage of a once-yearly opportunity for growth, restoration and renewal. Complete the fast and try to spend at least part of the day at the synagogue in prayer and meditation. Choose one small mitzvah that you can commit to for the coming year. G‑d is right there waiting for you.
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2022 10:07 by eyes.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Sep 2022 19:49 #386098

• retrych
  • Current streak: 201 days
  • Expert Boarder
As usual, I dont know what to say, except...
I've looked through this thread and you are amazing.
No matter how bad things are now, in your life and in this struggle, I can't believe that Hashem would give up on a neshoma like you. You will get out.
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2022 19:49 by retrych.
Time to create page: 0.98 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes