Welcome, Guest

looking for therapist
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: looking for therapist 5229 Views

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 08:47 #323685

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 19 Jan 2018 14:59 by ieeyc.

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 09:39 #323686

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
what is the point of psychoanalyzing posts especially if you don't know the fellow
if you got a question and you think it's important maybe ask it

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 09:49 #323687

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
tzomah wrote on 13 Dec 2017 09:39:
what is the point of psychoanalyzing posts especially if you don't know the fellow

sorry , are you talking to me (:

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 11:27 #323691

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
no 
i was saying in general about this thread

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 16:17 #323706

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 13 Dec 2017 07:45:

Markz wrote on 11 Dec 2017 18:30:
Welcome back

Sorry to hear you didn't find any light since you joined gye 7 years ago

Have you checked the gye Therapist page
guardyoureyes.com/resources/therapists

Hmmm... i checked the post twice and i didnt see any mention of 7 years:surprised:

Looks like you don't know Mark yet, he knows everything about all of us (just from reading our posts!) & takes all that in consideration when replying...
If somebody says he was here before & came back a while later Mark will figure out how long the break was. He's amazing!

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 16:28 #323707

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder

What I said was that "based on his post" "I don't know" why he needs a therapist, I didn't say for sure. My point was that sometimes I person is going through something & all he need is a close person to share the pain with, but if he don't get it he may feel stuck & think he needs a therapist. I just wanted our friend to hear that before he decides to go for therapy cuz no therapist will tell him this...

Re: looking for therapist 13 Dec 2017 16:32 #323708

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
youcan wrote on 13 Dec 2017 16:17:

ieeyc wrote on 13 Dec 2017 07:45:

Markz wrote on 11 Dec 2017 18:30:
Welcome back

Sorry to hear you didn't find any light since you joined gye 7 years ago

Have you checked the gye Therapist page
guardyoureyes.com/resources/therapists

Hmmm... i checked the post twice and i didnt see any mention of 7 years:surprised:

Looks like you don't know Mark yet, he knows everything about all of us (just from reading our posts!) & takes all that in consideration when replying...
If somebody says he was here before & came back a while later Mark will figure out how long the break was. He's amazing!

Thanks for the compliment
This and my Doinuts will have to keep me going as my Therapist is not avail till next week...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: looking for therapist 14 Dec 2017 11:25 #323757

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
youcan wrote on 13 Dec 2017 16:28:

What I said was that "based on his post" "I don't know" why he needs a therapist, I didn't say for sure. My point was that sometimes I person is going through something & all he need is a close person to share the pain with, but if he don't get it he may feel stuck & think he needs a therapist. I just wanted our friend to hear that before he decides to go for therapy cuz no therapist will tell him this...

To me, if I understand you directly, it seems  that you see therapists as only being able to help "sick" people and if you're not sick, it's a waste of time.

Therapists (good therapists), teach people skills to succeed in life. You don't need to be schizophrenic in order to grow from different forms of therapy. 

Re: looking for therapist 14 Dec 2017 16:45 #323765

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
bb0212 wrote on 14 Dec 2017 11:25:

To me, if I understand you directly, it seems  that you see therapists as only being able to help "sick" people and if you're not sick, it's a waste of time.

Therapists (good therapists), teach people skills to succeed in life. You don't need to be schizophrenic in order to grow from different forms of therapy. 

Of course therapists can help for healthy people, some therapists can be plumbers too. My point is that this guy here may be a healthy person & has naturally all the skills to succeed in life. And what he feels is just an urge to share what he's going through & maybe get some tips that any smart person without a licence can tell him. Of course a therapist can help him as well, but if it's not needed why should you do it? If you feel that you still need therapy go for it!

Re: looking for therapist 14 Dec 2017 20:52 #323782

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
youcan wrote on 14 Dec 2017 16:45:

bb0212 wrote on 14 Dec 2017 11:25:

Of course therapists can help for healthy people, some therapists can be plumbers too. My point is that this guy here may be a healthy person & has naturally all the skills to succeed in life. And what he feels is just an urge to share what he's going through & maybe get some tips that any smart person without a licence can tell him. Of course a therapist can help him as well, but if it's not needed why should you do it? If you feel that you still need therapy go for it!

I started go to my therapist because I needed help. Now I go because
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: looking for therapist 21 Dec 2017 04:29 #324052

• s4nh
  • Senior Boarder
I am hopefully going to see a therapist next week! im so excited!
I feel uncomfortable writing my issues on posts.
But maybe its not so bad… 
Its hard for me to come back to this site. im always pulled away. I come than dont show up for 5 years than come again… :/
Speak with me at any time on google with s4nh44@gmail.com

Re: looking for therapist 21 Dec 2017 05:49 #324056

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I wish you a lot of success!
I had my first session today... I'm also excited about the fact that I'm finally doing something to help myself & that there is real hope that things will change to the good.
(what I'm not excited about is that it cost $200 for a session of 45 min...)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes