Welcome, Guest

Addiction? Anxiety? Something else?
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 25165 Views

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 11:43 #322988

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 26 Nov 2017 18:24:
Dear Friend

I know that you meant no bad but I will use some strong words in response to the above vort
CV"S to say that Yaakov avienu hated Leah it is very clearly stated by all miforshim that it was in comparison to Rochel 
I am only responding like this as it bothers me that people put their own emotions into the Torah.
Yes we are all struggling and want and maybe even need validation but there has to be a limit on how far we will go to get it 

as is quoted from the kotzker that yaakov cried when he kissed rochel because later generations would not understand the kiss

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 15:10 #322995

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you all for your support one way or the other..
I actually think the vort is so true, I wouldn't say it on Yaakov Avinu but for we the people this is the case.
Note that I only used my story as part of what brought me in to the problem I have now, I'm trying to get on the right track & just move on..
[it's interesting I noticed last week that it doesn't say in the Torah why Yakov didn't like Leah... Also in the meforshim I didn't find it]
Just for the joke: it couldn't be that Leah was a bigger size than Rachel, cuz this Yaakov would notice even in the dark...

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 20:53 #323005

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
youcan you are good guy. Keep doing the right thing.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 22:54 #323010

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 26 Nov 2017 18:24:
Dear Friend

I know that you meant no bad but I will use some strong words in response to the above vort
CV"S to say that Yaakov avienu hated Leah it is very clearly stated by all miforshim that it was in comparison to Rochel 
I am only responding like this as it bothers me that people put their own emotions into the Torah.
Yes we are all struggling and want and maybe even need validation but there has to be a limit on how far we will go to get it 

I was just echoing the words of the Ramban on the spot. Please consult with the meforshim you are referring to before using them as a reference. I appreciate your comment though!

Much hatzlacha,
Last Edit: 27 Nov 2017 22:56 by LoveU,Hashem.

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 23:02 #323012

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have looked there and you did not quote the Ramban correctly
It had nothing to do with the lack of decision on Yaakov Avienu's part rather because she did not hint to the fact that she wasn't who he thought she was.......
Also you sounded like this was your own thoughts....

But most importantly as Cordnoy would say this is a public forum and if I have issue with what people say get the hell off a here and get real

B'hatzlacha
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 23:27 #323013

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 27 Nov 2017 23:02:
I have looked there and you did not quote the Ramban correctly
It had nothing to do with the lack of decision on Yaakov Avienu's part rather because she did not hint to the fact that she wasn't who he thought she was.......
Also you sounded like this was your own thoughts....

But most importantly as Cordnoy would say this is a public forum and if I have issue with what people say get the hell off a here and get real

B'hatzlacha

Did you quote Cordnoy correctly
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 27 Nov 2017 23:45 #323014

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף
Yyy wrote on 27 Nov 2017 00:39:
Loveu, with all due respect, you claim to have married a skinny wife AND you picked her yourself yet you and Youcan are having the same struggles and are pretty much in the same boat. Don't make him feel worse about his situation because of how Hashem sent him his bashert. Obviously picking our own beautiful skinny wife didn't guarantee any of us anything. And besides he did say that he loves his wife so saying that Lea was hated cuz yakov was fooled doesn't apply here. This story is sad-yes-just as sad as all our stories for the mere fact that we ended up here. Youcan, YOU CAN get out of this im yertza hashem. Don't think of yourself as being stuck because of past circumstances.

I appreciate your comment which is definitely true. It is definitely true that our dear brother can and loves his wife. And this wife is definitely his bashert. 

My point was relating to him feeling a loser for the fact that he was pushed and fooled into something and wasn't given all the details. I feel that such feelings of being ripped off can nudge a person for decades (it would definitely nudge me..) and adds a very different dimension to this struggle. I was not making him feel worse than me - believe me, reb youcan, I am a messed up dude that actively destroys my life by abusing lust - I was merely referring to how he already feels. And for that, I can say that it is a sad situation and our bechir h'avos was also given this nisayon and struggled with it. Whichever way you wanna look at it, Yakov was married to I women he has never chosen to marry in the first place, and as the Medrish says he wanted to divorce her so Hashem had to intervene by making her pregnant. This might add some perspective to your situation.

Reb youcan, your current wife is the one that was named as your zivug 40 days before you were born, regardless of how unjustified the marriage came about. You are faced with a very special and rare struggle that our father Yakov was faced too, namely to be mekabel the ratzon hashem in whichever form it was given. You are far from a loser; for if Hashem wanted he would fool me in just like you. He didn't give me this nisoyon but he gave it to you. Probably because you have the koches to overcome it and accept God's will in your life, koches that I am unfortunately missing. It is rough but it will serve you as an opportunity to grow your love to Hashem and your wife.

youcan, sorry if I came across as a magid with my drushis; and if it doesn't do you any good please please disregard every nonsense I just said. 

May we all be able to accept God's will in our personal lives! 

Much Hatzlacha!
Yitzchok
Last Edit: 27 Nov 2017 23:54 by LoveU,Hashem.

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 28 Nov 2017 11:15 #323037

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
youcan wrote on 27 Nov 2017 15:10:
[it's interesting I noticed last week that it doesn't say in the Torah why Yakov didn't like Leah... Also in the meforshim I didn't find it]

look at the דעת זקנים

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 28 Nov 2017 14:14 #323049

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  Thank you for your post.  It must have been difficult to write.    If you have a reason to go to a therapist anyway, why not tell the therapist all about this issue?  I would NOT tell your wife at this point.  I would speak to a rav and/or therapist.  You may want to talk to her some day, but definitely not yet.

I agree that getting a phone to access GYE does not make sense.  There are ways to participate in GYE without a smart phone.  There are phone calls you can be part of for example.  Do you have email?  Can you access GYE on occation from a public computer (where the nisayon is less)?

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 28 Nov 2017 15:19 #323053

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I'm happy that my post became a shiur with a real rischa d'oraisa
I knew how I feel before you told me how Yaakov felt, so you didn't make it worse.. I didn't start to hate my wife.. I loved her emotionally & i still do because she's my wife & we're living through our lives together (this how it should be, but it's not very popular in today's selfish world), but this is not making my problem easier.
I don't think that the fact that some people struggle without going through what I went through means that this didn't bring me to the problem.

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 28 Nov 2017 15:35 #323054

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
gibbor120 wrote on 28 Nov 2017 14:14:
Welcome!  Thank you for your post.  It must have been difficult to write.    If you have a reason to go to a therapist anyway, why not tell the therapist all about this issue?  I would NOT tell your wife at this point.  I would speak to a rav and/or therapist.  You may want to talk to her some day, but definitely not yet.

I agree that getting a phone to access GYE does not make sense.  There are ways to participate in GYE without a smart phone.  There are phone calls you can be part of for example.  Do you have email?  Can you access GYE on occation from a public computer (where the nisayon is less)?

Thanks. Yes it was very hard to write it, I was typing & deleting till it liked to me that it makes sense to post (& my English isn't too good which didn't make it easier..). But I'm happy I did it, most of my acting out happened when I was in a bad mood, now when I feel like this I open the forum...
We have a tablet at home which my wife uses mostly for shopping, it has a strong filter from TAG (it even blocked GYE sometimes, I had to request them to open it...), the reason I didn't have a smartphone till now was the one you mentioned. But honestly I don't know what's wrong with a phone with a strong filter, no access to browser & only kosher apps. But meanwhile I'm heeding the advice of the experts here (ein chuchom k'baal nisayon...)

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 01 Dec 2017 00:45 #323143

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I'm alone at home for 2 hours now, a perfect opportunity for... you know what I mean, instead I'm busy reading & posting her on the GYE forum. What a shame
BH the last seven days went through without any incidents, wasn't easy at all times but BH I'm clean & feel good with my self. (I don't know if somebody's interested but I see others updating every few days & as the the chuchom once said: monkey see monkey do... I decided to keep the minhag hamukom at least for now)

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 01 Dec 2017 00:58 #323144

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
youcan wrote on 01 Dec 2017 00:45:
I'm alone at home for 2 hours now, a perfect opportunity for... you know what I mean, instead I'm busy reading & posting her on the GYE forum. What a shame
BH the last seven days went through without any incidents, wasn't easy at all times but BH I'm clean & feel good with my self. (I don't know if somebody's interested but I see others updating every few days & as the the chuchom once said: monkey see monkey do... I decided to keep the minhag hamukom at least for now)

So this mukom is a monkey reserve... thanks. Now you tell me?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 03 Dec 2017 17:10 #323230

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
I JUST HAD A FALL! After 10 days clean (longest break since I discovered that amazing craziness).
I was fighting that attack since yesterday late night, yesterday I was able somehow to stay clear minded even though it wasn't easy, but today I totally lost my mind! I don't have access to inappropriate materials but when I'm under attack I get triggered by anything related to anything sexual.
I don't know what triggered that attack, nothing was different than the last 10 days.
I know I still have a lot of work here, I didn't tried all the methods yet, this will be my focus now.

Re: Addiction? Anxiety? Something else? 03 Dec 2017 17:12 #323231

• youcan
  • Expert Boarder
BTW, I'm already clean for 15 minutes!...
hope this time I'll have more success.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes