Welcome, Guest

No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 45914 Views

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Oct 2017 00:08 #321712

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 30 Oct 2017 00:04:
I hear you Markz.
I need to find someone I can feel comfortable talking to.

Young man, you have 24 hr!
Maybe 1 of the young old timers here can be available for you - you never know...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Oct 2017 01:29 #321714

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 30 Oct 2017 00:08:

bear wrote on 30 Oct 2017 00:04:
I hear you Markz.
I need to find someone I can feel comfortable talking to.

Young man, you have 24 hr!
Maybe 1 of the young old timers here can be available for you - you never know...

I saw you clicked ThankYou, so I wanted to say Urwelcome

We need a UrWelcome button as reply to a ThankUbutton
Can we have the devs add this asap pls?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2017 01:30 by Markz.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Oct 2017 03:36 #321717

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 29 Oct 2017 23:58:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 29 Oct 2017 23:30:
Sorry to hear. Can you pinpoint what triggers?

My biggest triggers are probably stress, as well as sometimes I am possessed of feelings that I am missing out by not being in a secular college and not being part of what the non frum society does. Those are probably the main ones. 

So for the first we have to help you learn healthier ways of dealing with stress - exercise, reading, meditation, etc - there are many options. For the second, I agree with Mark - it would be wise to have a Rav or rebbi who can help you sort out the issues. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Oct 2017 13:28 #321726

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Keep posting.  There are plenty of people here that are willing to talk to you.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 31 Oct 2017 21:18 #321809

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
I guess that is my two goals right now. Find ways to deal with stress, and find a Rebbi to talk to. 
Any fun outlet ideas?

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 01 Nov 2017 06:20 #321826

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
Exercise is a great stress reliever

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 01 Nov 2017 13:31 #321836

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
yes, excercise is a great idea.  Also, having someone that you can vent to can help to release the stress.  Even if they cannot help you, just being heard helps.  Reading a good book.  Listening to music can all help.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 03 Nov 2017 11:46 #321949

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 19 Jan 2018 06:55 by ieeyc.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 03 Nov 2017 18:58 #321979

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 03 Nov 2017 11:46:
hi bear newish here ,i know your friends brag about all the "good"times they had but did they brag about all the std they probably suffered ,dont be so sure they didnt suffer any  ,even though they may have not caught aids BH but there are plenty that are not comfortable at the time and are downright painful .chazak chazak! by the way im just editing the clean streak that says by me one day ,BH imup to 7 days not too much better, but  it happened once i started gye and i had tests , BH    TWICE when i wanted to act out a person came in unexpectenly  and was hanging around,hatzlacha raba ,and as MARKZ said FELL SHMELL ,KEEP ON TRUCKING!

I never realized much of the above. Thanks for bringing it up. Something to think about.
Last Edit: 03 Nov 2017 18:59 by bear.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 03 Nov 2017 19:54 #321980

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 03 Nov 2017 18:58:

ieeyc wrote on 03 Nov 2017 11:46:
hi bear newish here ,i know your friends brag about all the "good"times they had but did they brag about all the std they probably suffered ,dont be so sure they didnt suffer any  ,even though they may have not caught aids BH but there are plenty that are not comfortable at the time and are downright painful .chazak chazak! by the way im just editing the clean streak that says by me one day ,BH imup to 7 days not too much better, but  it happened once i started gye and i had tests , BH    TWICE when i wanted to act out a person came in unexpectenly  and was hanging around,hatzlacha raba ,and as MARKZ said FELL SHMELL ,KEEP ON TRUCKING!

I never realized much of the above. Thanks for bringing it up. Something to think about.

Just for the record Mark never said that
The bardsviller Rebbe who Fell Shmell from the virtual world said that

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 10 Dec 2017 20:10 #323544

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
I had a fall recently. I was thinking of what I can do to help motivate me. 

On Shabbas we read that Yosef was about to sin with Potiphars wife, but seeing the image of his father led him to stop. The image of his father reminded him of some of his reasons to fight. I think the idea is that, if you have something as an anchor that can help you stay on track it can really push you through a difficult test. I assume the anchor can be your family, the great reward you will receive for abstaining, or something else that can keep you fighting even when your are very enticed. 

For the next 4 week including today, my fighting will be in the Merit that Hashem protect the Chayalim. The Chayalim do so much, and they are willing to sacrifice so much. I should at least be willing to sacrifice some forbidden pleasures for four weeks in their merit. For the next month the Chayalim are my anchor.
Last Edit: 10 Dec 2017 20:12 by bear.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Dec 2017 18:30 #324437

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
There is a quote from Rav Nachman of Breslov in which he says, "אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל, תאמין שיכולים לתקן - if you believe you can break, believe you can fix". The quote always bugged me, it made no sense. On a personal note, it has been so easy for me to break. I live in a society that actively promotes lewdness, my Rebbiem did not speak enough about the dangers of the internet, my family computer did not always have a good filter. So for me to fall has been so easy, to fix on the other hand requires me to stand up to all the challenges. So how can you compare breaking and fixing?

I think the answer to the question is the first part of the phrase, "אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל - if you believe that you can break". In reality, so many times I never realized that I can break, rather I said that my surroundings controlled me. I rationalized that I never broke anything, rather my surroundings broke me. What I have to acknowledge is that ultimately, even though my surroundings may have added challenge, the reason I fell was because I MESSED UP. I have free will I could have stood strong, but I CHOSE NOT TO. And once I admit that my failings are do to nothing but myself, I also realize that my pathway to fix is solely controlled by me. I have Bechira, free will, an internal locus of control, the way I live my life is up to me; therefore, just like I can chose to break, so too I can chose to fix. 

"אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל, תאמין שיכולים לתקן - if you believe you can break, believe you can fix".

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 31 Dec 2017 18:45 #324488

• Hashem Help Me
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 29 Dec 2017 18:30:
There is a quote from Rav Nachman of Breslov in which he says, "אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל, תאמין שיכולים לתקן - if you believe you can break, believe you can fix". The quote always bugged me, it made no sense. On a personal note, it has been so easy for me to break. I live in a society that actively promotes lewdness, my Rebbiem did not speak enough about the dangers of the internet, my family computer did not always have a good filter. So for me to fall has been so easy, to fix on the other hand requires me to stand up to all the challenges. So how can you compare breaking and fixing?

I think the answer to the question is the first part of the phrase, "אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל - if you believe that you can break". In reality, so many times I never realized that I can break, rather I said that my surroundings controlled me. I rationalized that I never broke anything, rather my surroundings broke me. What I have to acknowledge is that ultimately, even though my surroundings may have added challenge, the reason I fell was because I MESSED UP. I have free will I could have stood strong, but I CHOSE NOT TO. And once I admit that my failings are do to nothing but myself, I also realize that my pathway to fix is solely controlled by me. I have Bechira, free will, an internal locus of control, the way I live my life is up to me; therefore, just like I can chose to break, so too I can chose to fix. 

"אם אתה מאמין שיכולים לקלקל, תאמין שיכולים לתקן - if you believe you can break, believe you can fix".

This post is GADLUS!

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 01 Jan 2018 05:14 #324502

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
it wouldnt be a bad  idea if we come back to learning musar  in addition to all the other methods  which help us ,our recovery might increase sevenfold,(learning without atzvus)

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 01 Jan 2018 15:25 #324521

• tzaddik212
  • Current streak: 241 days
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
Hi Bear.

Rav nachmans saying is If I Believe that i can be Mekalkel.  Well it is not necessary for me to believe that i can be Mekalkel. The Seforim Hakdoshim speak about that a yid has a Neshomo that is always pure, and wont ever be Mekulkel. But Rav Nachman says that if youre in such despair, and you believe this negative thoguht that your able to be Mekalkel, then you shall believ as well that you can be Metaken. but in reality there is no place for a Yid to be Mekalkel. This is my interpretation of Rav Nachman
Check out my recovery story at: guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/323855-Re-What-got-me-to-day-92#323859
Feel free to send me an Email at: zestful718@hotmail.com
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes