Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: my problems 43275 Views

Re: my problems 17 May 2017 23:25 #313475

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
mikestruggling wrote on 17 May 2017 23:13:
GEVALD UN GESHRIGGEN

its 2 am i cant sleep and i'm about to fall i started slipping

i went for my jog too late its keeping me up its a huge nisayon

raboisai please daven

I know what it's like

Some may suggest that you follow their lead and not exercise, so that such calamities don't happen

Now very quietly fetch your guitar sit outside on the curb and start strumming a carlebach niggun to the words "GEVALD UN GESHRIGGEN". 
Any local members that hear you will be glad to join you. 

If a cop pulls up, you can ask him innocently "have you heard of gye..."
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: my problems 17 May 2017 23:33 #313477

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I am a good person who is unfortunately sick
i am gonna daven and i may actually hum or think (don't wanna wake up my eishes chayil [hey another song]) of a song with gevald un geshriggen
hopefuly i'll post tomorrow that i pulled thru
all the best
p.s. if  sit on the curb i'm afraid your gonna tow me away
Formerly mikestruggling I just bought a truck. l hang out in the trailer and G-d drives. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: my problems 17 May 2017 23:36 #313478

• cordnoy
GEVALD UN GESHRIGGEN

raboisai please daven

Please tell us what exactly to daven for (and let's disregard those mefarshim who say that one cannot daven for another's bechirah).
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 02:15 #313486

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You need to record the song and post it here. Maybe you can be the next Uri. 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 03:41 #313491

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Mike, look how many guys really care and are here to help. Stay connected, and soon you will be helping others too.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 07:18 #313500

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 08:39 #313501

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
a personal thank you to all those who reached out
Hashem should repay you with hatzlacha in every way
I'm sorry to let you guys down right now i'm in the dumps
(call the dump truck)
i'm gonna get up again everything is possible its a matter of will and tools
even though SA did trigger me slightly i think it is a good idea 
my main problem was that i couldn't fall aseep
bli'n were gonna look for melatonin
thanx again everyone
keep up the great work
Formerly mikestruggling I just bought a truck. l hang out in the trailer and G-d drives. 

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 14:25 #313517

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha in SA. I'm very biased, but I love the place.

It's hard when a source of recovery is also triggering. I have come to learn that just because something is triggering for me, doesn't mean it's not good for me. SA can be triggering from time to time, but that's fine. I gain from it a lot. Also, when things are triggering, it usually means there is something inside me that needs to be worked on. For example, I used to get all worked up when people spoke in Hebrew or Yiddish or Yeshivish at meetings. (In my home group we only speak in English even though we are 95% frum guys. Ex: "Sabbath" not "Shabbos.") I would get really pissed off. I felt marginalized and unsafe. I screwed up religion so badly that I traumatized myself about it. It took a lot of work for me to come to a "God of My Understanding" because my conception was seriously flawed. (I once heard a guy in Lakewood refer to God as Ribono Shel Olam, I was seething). But I began to realize that it was all my sh*t. It was me who was the problem. The people who talk in that way aren't trying to hurt me or make me feel uncomfortable. It's just their vernacular. My former Sponsor put it this way: If I went to meetings that had a large population of Hispanic people, I would probably hear some Spanish at the meeting. So why doesn't that bother me and this does? Very gradually I began to learn the truth in that and accept it. I still am not 100% serene about it, but I am much better at staying calm. I went to some meetings in Lakewood where there was a lot of this talk going on and I was completely ok. My point is that many times getting exposed to triggering things (maybe not sexually triggering though) can actually aid my recovery and improve my serenity, at least in the long run and if I work my program.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 14:59 #313525

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 18 May 2017 14:25:

It's hard when a source of recovery is also triggering. I have come to learn that just because something is triggering for me, doesn't mean it's not good for me. SA can be triggering from time to time, but that's fine. I gain from it a lot. Also, when things are triggering, it usually means there is something inside me that needs to be worked on. For example, I used to get all worked up when people spoke in Hebrew or Yiddish or Yeshivish at meetings. (In my home group we only speak in English even though we are 95% frum guys. Ex: "Sabbath" not "Shabbos.") I would get really pissed off. I felt marginalized and unsafe. I screwed up religion so badly that I traumatized myself about it. It took a lot of work for me to come to a "God of My Understanding" because my conception was seriously flawed. (I once heard a guy in Lakewood refer to God as Ribono Shel Olam, I was seething). But I began to realize that it was all my sh*t. It was me who was the problem. The people who talk in that way aren't trying to hurt me or make me feel uncomfortable. It's just their vernacular. My former Sponsor put it this way: If I went to meetings that had a large population of Hispanic people, I would probably hear some Spanish at the meeting. So why doesn't that bother me and this does? Very gradually I began to learn the truth in that and accept it. I still am not 100% serene about it, but I am much better at staying calm. I went to some meetings in Lakewood where there was a lot of this talk going on and I was completely ok. My point is that many times getting exposed to triggering things (maybe not sexually triggering though) can actually aid my recovery and improve my serenity, at least in the long run and if I work my program.

Great stuff. Great attitude. Sounds like you are gaining a ton at the meetings and with your sponsor. A real workout in understanding yourself has gotta help in sobriety and life in general. Also, you may not realize it but your humbleness in listening to others and accepting your flaws is a strength of yours. 

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 15:18 #313529

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
Markz wrote on 17 May 2017 23:25:

GEVALD UN GESHRIGGEN

raboisai please daven

I know what it's like

Some may suggest that you follow their lead and not exercise, so that such calamities don't happen

Now very quietly fetch your guitar sit outside on the curb and start strumming a carlebach niggun to the words "GEVALD UN GESHRIGGEN". 
Any local members that hear you will be glad to join you. 

If a cop pulls up, you can ask him innocently "have you heard of gye..."

I love your style Markz!
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 15:35 #313531

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
mikestruggling wrote on 18 May 2017 08:39:
a personal thank you to all those who reached out
Hashem should repay you with hatzlacha in every way
I'm sorry to let you guys down right now i'm in the dumps
(call the dump truck)
i'm gonna get up again everything is possible its a matter of will and tools
even though SA did trigger me slightly i think it is a good idea 
my main problem was that i couldn't fall aseep
bli'n were gonna look for melatonin
thanx again everyone
keep up the great work

The White Book talks about how people might find mixed meetings triggering at first but in long term it's healthy for recovery, (not sure if this addresses your concern but I thought I just might put it out there)

Mixed Meetings

In new groups, the question sometimes arises as to whether meetings should be mixed, with both women and men. Less frequently, questions arise about mixing those from different lifestyles or mixing singles and marrieds. It is understandable that some of us experience initial discomfort at attending mixed meetings; sexaholism is the misconnection with other bodies and spirits. For some, the objects of our lust or resentment are sitting right there next to us, and we can imbibe and get drunk without so much as batting an eyelash! (That's why we avoid inappropriate attire in meetings, out of consideration for others.)

What we tend to forget is that our drug is not really "out there" in another person, but within our own hearts and minds. It is this fact that makes our program so all ­ encompassing, regardless of whether we're in a meeting, outside on the street, or in a closet praying. Our problem is lust, misplaced dependency, and defective attitudes. What better place to work on overcoming temptation than the sanctuary of a meeting where temptations may be present?.......

You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: my problems 18 May 2017 19:16 #313575

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
yiraishamaim wrote on 18 May 2017 14:59:

Shlomo24 wrote on 18 May 2017 14:25:

Great stuff. Great attitude. Sounds like you are gaining a ton at the meetings and with your sponsor. A real workout in understanding yourself has gotta help in sobriety and life in general. Also, you may not realize it but your humbleness in listening to others and accepting your flaws is a strength of yours. 

There's a word for it. It's called "flawesome." Someone who owns up to his flaws and is awesome because of it. (I'm patting my self on the back right now, but I love the word and I had to share it).
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: my problems 21 May 2017 18:30 #313784

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
hi guys its been a couple of days i'm doing pretty good bh still getting anxious no i did not find melatonin i forgot (sorry)
shlomo24 thanx for your share about SA i was actually planning on saying riboinoy shel oilam for i felt that its the truth and maybe also to prove a point but i now see it may bother someone so i'll stick to the rules.
i went to a second meeting i'm liking the meetings slowly working on first step i'm allowing myself to see more how much my addiction rules over me its enlightening. ilemolei Hakadosh Baruch Hu oizer loi AINOI YACHOL LOI

Re: my problems 05 Aug 2018 06:26 #334302

• cordnoy
Ok. So I reviewed this thread now. What happened since May of last year?
Is there another thread someplace?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: my problems 05 Aug 2018 15:25 #334314

• mikestrucking
  • Platinum Boarder
llink in my signature join sa
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes