Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Starting up 34539 Views

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 03:34 #285661

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
That's like asking
"are the still addicts?"

disclaimer
working guy, you quoted my words, which the author may be misleading

Dov did not say any of it
(Part of the beginning may be attributed to an inference of a Dov quote)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2016 03:55 by Markz.

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 03:49 #285663

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
More like a win-win-lose sort of situation but definitely worth the chance.

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 13:36 #285689

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for that advice. I don't think he's the fire and brimstone type but it'll be interesting to see what he can offer. 

I just want to extend a chag kasher vesameach to everyone in the GYE community. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 14:39 #285691

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
inastruggle wrote:
More like a win-win-lose sort of situation but definitely worth the chance.

Not true even if he does option number one abd can tell him what harav mark said and kol haomer beshaim omrom maivee guelah loalom so it is a win-win-win situation 
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Starting up 26 Apr 2016 20:01 #285898

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
"Do I need to come clean and open up about all of my struggles? I feel that I want to but I'm scared. I also don't know how much is too much for such a setting. I really have some troubling and odd things that have been with me privately. Some things for up to 15 years when It all started. What do most guys do about this?"

I was digging around some of my old posts. This one came up and wasn't really discussed. Any thoughts?

(I can't get the quote thing to work)
Let Hashem Do His Job!

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2016 20:07 by abd297.

Re: Starting up 26 Apr 2016 20:26 #285899

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder

Here's another one.

In hope you all had a good shabbos. I had some trouble over Shabbos. We had a guest over who had a granddaughter in from Israel. She is my age. I was immediately attracted to her. I did a pretty good job at controlling myself at the meal. after the meal my older brother and I started talking to her innocently. It had nothing to do with her, it was just 3 people around the same age socializing. I don't know what she or my brother were actually thinking but I was having feelings even though the conversation and situation were far from sexual. They came back the next day for a while but I had already anticipated this. I kept my distance and pretty much controlled my eyes.

Now I have been having trouble keeping my mind off her. I was just so comfortable, so relived to finally have a normal conversation with a normal person, acquaintance to acquaintance. I felt like I was more than just a spectator, more than a little kid. The problem with this is obvious though.

Clearly this is something which I yearn for. I have not really been able to do this very much. In highschool, I always liked going to people's houses who made me fell this way. I was able to go to their house as a friend have good conversation with him, his wife, and their guests. I wasn't the desperate highschooler who they were being nice to by letting me come. I hated those meals. I liked the small, calm, intimate ones. This did leave room for me to wrongly interpret those good feelings as sexual on occasion. (I have elaborated on my other forum in the SSA section.)

I need to fill this void somehow. I don't know what all of my feelings mean or how the facts affect this. The people involved were often women, guests or wives of my hosts. I felt that they were more understanding.

Any questions or comments are appreciated as they help bring out the details in a more condensed fashion. Thank You and KOP.

Let Hashem Do His Job!

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2016 20:28 by abd297.

Re: Starting up 27 Apr 2016 01:13 #285922

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
abd297 wrote on 26 Apr 2016 20:01:
"Do I need to come clean and open up about all of my struggles? I feel that I want to but I'm scared. I also don't know how much is too much for such a setting. I really have some troubling and odd things that have been with me privately. Some things for up to 15 years when It all started. What do most guys do about this?"

I was digging around some of my old posts. This one came up and wasn't really discussed. Any thoughts?

(I can't get the quote thing to work)

Abd
Do you want to give us examples of what your questions look like, so all us anonymous gyes can give you our heartwarming input
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Starting up 27 Apr 2016 14:22 #285962

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Like speaking about my struggles in a less abstract way. Revealing fetishes. Is it a necessary thing to move on in recovery? 
Also, the fact that I feel satisfied and comfortable when speaking to women, not in a sexual way. That I feel the need for a strong connection with people in general on an emotional level. I feel that in the past, it as been a relief for me being in a private setting with people as friends. It was a step up from just being that kid who needs a meal again. It was just a few mature people sitting around and enjoying themselves. It obviously brought lust challenges for e but that wasn't the point. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Last Edit: 27 Apr 2016 14:30 by abd297.

Re: Starting up 27 Apr 2016 15:50 #285967

• cordnoy
Why is this thread so wacky on mobile?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Starting up 27 Apr 2016 16:08 #285969

• skeptical
It's showing up wacky on the computer too.

Re: Starting up 28 Apr 2016 14:40 #286079

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Is everyone having trouble viewing my thread? Is it the whole thread or just the last few posts? 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Starting up 28 Apr 2016 14:50 #286083

• cordnoy
Just the last several posts.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Starting up 28 Apr 2016 17:02 #286103

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looks fine here. 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Starting up 28 Apr 2016 18:44 #286115

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
abd297 wrote on 27 Apr 2016 14:22:
Like speaking about my struggles in a less abstract way. Revealing fetishes. Is it a necessary thing to move on in recovery? 
Also, the fact that I feel satisfied and comfortable when speaking to women, not in a sexual way. That I feel the need for a strong connection with people in general on an emotional level. I feel that in the past, it as been a relief for me being in a private setting with people as friends. It was a step up from just being that kid who needs a meal again. It was just a few mature people sitting around and enjoying themselves. It obviously brought lust challenges for e but that wasn't the point. 

I can read it too, though whatever you were trying to quote a while back didn't go through (as Mark pointed out). I can identify with the strong impact of feeling emotionally like I was belonging and being accepted by others, who actually and truly were simply enjoying my company.  I also find that I sometimes feel especially good when talking with the women at a shabbos table or whatever.  There could be an aspect of flirting in it - I can't help but try and make the women smile or laugh at me sometimes.  Also, women tend to be much more emotionally focused, and for other reasons, I think that getting recognition from women can seem to fill my emotional needs more easily.

For myself, I don't view this as a positive thing.  I realize that I need to develop the quality of my relationships with male peers, so that I can have these needs met by those on equal footing with me, and someday by my own wife, BE"H.  This year Purim, I spent the morning sitting, quietly, talking, with people who appreciated my company.  No pomp, no music, no costumes, some divrie torah.  It was nice just to be wanted for me.  

Re: Starting up 28 Apr 2016 19:44 #286117

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
I feel exactly like thanks613.

Feeling accepted is important to me too. I also like the smaller intimate meals better, and I like small groups of people way more than larger ones.

I feel like people who are more like that may have a harder time with this struggle which is a private intense one.

Making women laugh is something that men naturally try to do. Women laugh more around men than they do around other women (studies say this not me).

I dont think it comes from a good place to try and make them laugh (again the studies seem to say it's a mating thing). 
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes