Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 149677 Views

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 05:51 #286918

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
You responded to exactly one line in my post.

Please respond to the rest.

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 06:20 #286921

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
ehrliche.bochur wrote:
maybe I do not understand because I do not have any attractions by women. But it seems if man is married his lust will be satisfied by wife?

Yes, it seems that way, but in reality it is not that way.
Да, кажется, что путь, но в действительности это не так.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 10:06 #286933

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 06 May 2016 05:45:

inastruggle wrote on 06 May 2016 05:36:

cordnoy wrote on 06 May 2016 04:29:
I actually do not think so.
This is a public forum and you never know who will be influenced by what. 
For a fellow who is attracted to men and married to a woman and thinks about other men when he is with his wife and sees nothing wrong with that and has never been attracted to a woman and has never acted out (all his words), to tell all of us that it is absurd to lust after another woman when you are married to one, borders on the asinine. Nobody knows who he is, so he can say whatever he wants. If he is writing publicly, then be man enough to take it like a man. Wanna hide in the ocean like a submarine, then do so, but if you show your mast, the waters can get stormy.

I'm sorry but that really bothers me. I agree that ehrliche.bochur is completely off track. I didn't say not to disagree I said you were being a bit harsh.

All you did was write one line calling what he wrote moronic. You didn't bother to explain why. 

The forum needs to be a place where everyone feels safe stating their views. If they're going to get flamed for saying something stupid, especially by a moderator, then you're going to scare away a lot of beginners. Maybe they're not man enough to take it like a man but they're also not going to be helped.

Have some respect 

I think there is irony here somewhere. .
only I am saying if it was halakha allow me to be married with someone I am attracted.
I would be very happy. I would not lust on others because already I would have outlet.
Starving are thankful for bread crumbs.
Is only my opinion
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу
Last Edit: 06 May 2016 10:10 by ehrliche.bochur. Reason: correcting my self

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 11:45 #286940

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Major infiltration going on here
This is King Shlomos thread, and I'm worried his Royal Truck broke down since we haven't heard from him recently

so please

NO TRESPASSING

Ehrliche Bachur from Moscow, can we please have this discussion on a different thread
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 13:03 #286943

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote on 06 May 2016 11:45:
Major infiltration going on here
This is King Shlomos thread, and I'm worried his Royal Truck broke down since we haven't heard from him recently

so please

NO TRESPASSING

Ehrliche Bachur from Moscow, can we please have this discussion on a different thread

It is fine. I can decide that for myself. 

If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 14:30 #286957

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
ehrliche.bochur wrote on 06 May 2016 10:06:

For a fellow who is attracted to men and married to a woman and thinks about other men when he is with his wife and sees nothing wrong with that and has never been attracted to a woman and has never acted out (all his words), to tell all of us that it is absurd to lust after another woman when you are married to one, borders on the asinine. Nobody knows who he is, so he can say whatever he wants. If he is writing publicly, then be man enough to take it like a man. Wanna hide in the ocean like a submarine, then do so, but if you show your mast, the waters can get stormy.

I'm sorry but that really bothers me. I agree that ehrliche.bochur is completely off track. I didn't say not to disagree I said you were being a bit harsh.

All you did was write one line calling what he wrote moronic. You didn't bother to explain why. 

The forum needs to be a place where everyone feels safe stating their views. If they're going to get flamed for saying something stupid, especially by a moderator, then you're going to scare away a lot of beginners. Maybe they're not man enough to take it like a man but they're also not going to be helped.

Have some respect 

only I am saying if it was halakha allow me to be married with someone I am attracted.
I would be very happy. I would not lust on others because already I would have outlet.
Is only my opinion

I have heard from many people that the problem was sourced inside themselves. While I am not married, I know this is true. Having sex is not going to cure my problems. Their lusting after others had nothing to do with externals, it was all internal. So they could have beautiful wives whom they love, and still be lusting. Hell, look at all the celebrity cheating. They are all hot as hell and they are fooling around with others. It doesn't matter if someone is gay, straight, orange or yellow. Lusting after others still exist.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 19:26 #287007

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
The king has spoken
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 20:59 #287023

• realsimcha
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 06 May 2016 05:40:

realsimcha wrote on 06 May 2016 05:28:
I dont like the idea of being harsh on people. But Cords has a point. At which point do we just say "this is crazy!" If we make believe it makes sense then we are giving credence to it. I feel bad for the harshness. But, EB, I have to tell you, you are not even close to understanding your friends here. Maybe speak this out with someone.

Oh, Cords, btw, I am happily married. So there arent just single guys here

RS, there have been posters in the past who refuse to hear the thoughts of others which contradicts theirs. Perhalps i can hear harshness there (although it most probably won't work), my impression here (which could be wrong) is rather of someone willing to (at least) hear.

I guess so. Not sure I heard that in the "tone" of the post but I guess thats one of the imitations of posting. Its hard to hear the "nigun". In any event, EB does have the zchus to find his way like anyone else. I guess he hit a really raw nerve in myself and I think in others ...

Re: Big Steps 06 May 2016 21:02 #287025

• realsimcha
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 06 May 2016 14:30:

ehrliche.bochur wrote on 06 May 2016 10:06:

Have some respect 

Is only my opinion

I have heard from many people that the problem was sourced inside themselves. While I am not married, I know this is true. Having sex is not going to cure my problems. Their lusting after others had nothing to do with externals, it was all internal. So they could have beautiful wives whom they love, and still be lusting. Hell, look at all the celebrity cheating. They are all hot as hell and they are fooling around with others. It doesn't matter if someone is gay, straight, orange or yellow. Lusting after others still exist.

This conversation has gotten really deep. I think that I understand EB much better now that he explained some more. His post was not on target but he explained that from the world he is coming from i.e. the lust from which he suffers, it is hard for him to understand why a married guy would have a problem. For us equal opportunity lusters, thats ridiculous. But I hear the "hava amina" from his point. EB -- thanks for clarifying and hatzlacha on your journey. May you find serenty.

Re: Big Steps 08 May 2016 03:17 #287077

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
 This conversation has gotten really deep. I think that I understand EB much better now that he explained some more. His post was not on target but he explained that from the world he is coming from i.e. the lust from which he suffers, it is hard for him to understand why a married guy would have a problem. For us equal opportunity lusters, thats ridiculous. But I hear the "hava amina" from his point. EB -- thanks for clarifying and hatzlacha on your journey. May you find serenty.

Mark, can we get this one up on the "post of the year thread", i can't cross thread quote on my phone.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 09 May 2016 19:33 #287295

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I want to share something that I found to be helpful with my anxieties surrounding dating: I am very nervous about my future/potential wife's acceptance of me. (Note: I know that fears are irrational, this post is about my emotions, not about logic or ways of dealing). I am nervous that I won't want to do something even though she wants to, that my only motivation will be for her. I thought that it wouldn't be a good motivation because I wouldn't be doing for myself and what I want; I would be letting others come before me. So I talked to my therapist about it and he said that the most important thing about love is evaluating a spouse's desire as equal or greater than one's own. For example: I come home from work exhausted and my wife asks me to take out the garbage. In that situation I might not want to for myself, but I know that she wants me to. He said that in a case like that it is a great thing to evaluate her needs, even though I wouldn't want to do it for myself. This relates to me very much in terms of yiddishkeit. I am very nervous about my level with religion and shidduchim. I thought it would be bad for me if I only woke up for shachris, (at least in the beginning of marriage, I am working on religion), for her and not for me. After my therapist said what he said I felt a surge of relief through my body. It was the best thing he could have possibly said. Still nervous about dating though. Which is normal and healthy.

Re: Big Steps 09 May 2016 20:07 #287297

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I think your therapist is one smart cookie.From a marriage perspective, doing something for your wife's sake - even if only for her sake is a great idea. In my understanding it's because the very foundation that marriage is based on is a commitment from each spouse to each other. By doing something only because she wants it, you are showing and strengthening that commitment. (btw, sometimes say only one of the two partners feel the 'draw' (I'm talking about during the marriage - not before it) almost always (maybe always) the one who is enjoying a stronger bond is the one who is more committed to their spouse.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 09 May 2016 20:31 #287301

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, that's what he was saying.

Re: Big Steps 09 May 2016 20:47 #287303

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 09 May 2016 19:33:
 I thought it would be bad for me if I only woke up for shachris, (at least in the beginning of marriage, I am working on religion), for her and not for me. After my therapist said what he said I felt a surge of relief through my body. It was the best thing he could have possibly said.

Btw, There is also the concept of 'mitoch s'lo lishman, bo lishma.' If we do something good for alternitive reasons, we can come to a level of doing it for the right reasons.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 09 May 2016 21:01 #287304

• cordnoy
Perhaps there is a distinction between taking out the garbage because your wife wants it done and going to Shacharis because of her. 

The latter is more of a lie, or a cover up.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.78 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes