Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 149653 Views

Re: Big Steps 17 Mar 2016 16:33 #281625

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I have great news... I jammed my thumb playing basketball! Erm, that wasn't the good news. Oh right, I am 7 months old today! Well, actually 7 months sober, but same difference .
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 18 Mar 2016 00:23 #281668

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov,  kein yirbu

Re: Big Steps 18 Mar 2016 00:51 #281670

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Sorry to hear about your thumb
Call me if you need a Tow, cause you can't hitchhike nowadays
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2016 00:53 by Markz.

Re: Big Steps 25 Mar 2016 18:18 #282507

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a very different purim this year: I drank too much too quickly on purim night. I basically called hatzalah on myself and was throwing up consistently for over an hour. I was also stuttering and felt pressure in my head, which is apparently a bad thing for drunk people. It was the most uncomfortable experience in my life. B"H I was ok, I was completely coherent during the whole ordeal, I didn't black out or anything. I did wake up with a killer hangover so the hospital kept me there till late morning. My friend stayed throughout the night until like 8:30, which was incredibly nice of him and I definitely will get something nice for him. Regardless, I wasn't going to drink the next day. My sponsor totally thinks I am an alcoholic, although he is biased, he's an alcoholic himself.

So I basically laid in bed the next day until my seudah. When I arrived at my seudah I wasn't greeting very nicely to say the least. I told my SIL that I'm gonna eat and leave. When I told my sponsor my plans he offered to take me to another SA member (who's also an alcoholic) who was having a seudah. I went there and it was very enjoyable, I really liked the atmosphere. I wasn't completely into it but that is ok. 

I took a couple things out of purim: I had an outsider's view of purim, and honestly the things that people were doing were not that fun unless one is drunk. Also, I experienced real happiness from the other SA member even though he was completely sober. Anyone else would have thought he was drunk. Also I wanted to experience the spiritual side of connecting to god without alcohol and I think I connected a little bit. I was also feeling a lot of self-pity that I couldn't enjoy how most of my friends were enjoying, I got tons of videos and whatnot of people enjoying myself and it honestly hurt me on the inside. Also, one of my brothers apologized for embarrassing me in public by the seudah and I was able to accept it. I didn't dismiss it, I acknowledged that I was hurt and that I accept his apology. It is very hard for me to be vulnerable and this was definitely a small breakthrough.

Al kol ponim, my purim would have been really terrible if not for what I have learned through my journey of connecting to god. I would have been miserable and I wasn't, thank god. I am currently working on the 3rd Step, (are we ever not?), and this was the perfect situation. I had one plan for how purim was going to work out, and god obviously knew that this would be the best for me. I tried to stay conscious of god throughout purim and I realized the silver linings, which is a bona fide miracle for me.

Peace Out.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 05:18 #282832

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
So I just met a newcomer in SA who turns out to be a guy I know. I was completely shocked, but that isn't what I want to focus on. I want to publicly (kinda) proclaim that I am not better than him. He may look up to me, and b"h I happen to have more consecutive one days, but I am not better. He is not less than. The person with the longest sobriety is the person who woke up earliest. SA is a one day at a time program. I also want to bring out to light that I don't need to pretend to be someone else, I'm good as I am.

שלום חוץ 

Last Edit: 29 Mar 2016 05:23 by shlomo24.

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 12:21 #282834

• peloni almoni
  • Platinum Boarder
  • אשר אנכי מצוך היום - there is only today
Shlomo24 wrote on 29 Mar 2016 05:18:
I also want to bring out to light that I don't need to pretend to be someone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: markz
Have a corny day ... and if you do have other plans, change 'em!!
peloni_almoni@hotmail.com

None of us has it all together, but together, we have it all.

we always put our sobriety before our ego -
מוטב שאקרא שוטה כל ימי ואל אהיה רשע שעה אחת לפני המקום

לפעולות אדם בדבר שפתיך אני שמרתי אורחות פריץ. תמוך אשורי במעגלותיך בל נמוטו פעמי. תהלים יז
- OVERDOSE OF DOV: READING MATERIAL TO KEEP ME SANE
- THE BEST THREAD ON THE FORUM; READ, POST, AND HAVE A GREAT TIME

Last Edit: 29 Mar 2016 12:22 by peloni almoni.

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 12:35 #282835

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
PA - time to upgrade your fish avatar to that of a shark

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 13:38 #282844

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
PA snacks on sharks

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 13:50 #282849

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, I am flabbergasted. I never get these jokes. Oh well! I'm still happy 

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 13:59 #282855

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Look out behind you!
big-fish-little-fish.jpg

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 14:15 #282857

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz, on a "scale" of 1 to 11 how absolutely thrilled beyond all comprehension are you that the PA has returneth

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 14:26 #282858

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, you wrote "PA snacks on sharks", and I'm one, so i need time to digest this
Does the scale have a minus?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 14:34 #282860

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Kidding aside I'm thrilled to have PA back, and to have you both - Yesod and Shlomo too!!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 14:35 #282861

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I, for one, am super happy.

Re: Big Steps 29 Mar 2016 14:41 #282864

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo, you are one happy feller today
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes