Welcome, Guest

Starting my own path
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Starting my own path 1169 Views

Re: Starting my own path 19 Aug 2024 13:53 #419413

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 18 Aug 2024 23:50:

BenHashemBH wrote on 18 Aug 2024 22:39:
 make some adjustments, and Hashem doesn't ask for more.

I believe in you!

You really managed to make me feel better, thank you for that. It's true and I know it, but it's always קשה. I had an idea for the unfiltered devices: maybe I could wait until the vacation end, and then come and tell my family that I heard in a shiur that even the possible access to unfiltered device is prohibited by the Torah, and so aske them to put codes that I wouldnt have. Could this be a good plan or has anyone better options?

Good plan. Here's a better one. DON'T WAIT.

Yeah it's tough, it's embarrassing, and there are a million good sounding reasons to not ask. But you know it's something that'll help you, and trust me, once you do it 1) you'll feel the sweet taste of true strength and 2) you'll see they won't suspect you and probably won't make a big deal out of it.

(Agav, you really really really must make sure you fulfill whatever shvua you made in the taphshich, but speak to a qualified Rav if you have questions about it.)

Re: Starting my own path 19 Aug 2024 20:34 #419447

• ShtettlMan
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah I did it yesterday, the big Knas actually... It's really hard to give 250$ (especially bc I had ways to avoid such a big amount).
I renishba after that with more specific terms and more efficient ideas. I'll let you know how it goes from now! I'm not down or upset, just bored of falling again. I read somewhere that clean days were really something that we acquier. BH 50 days is huge for me and even more than what I expected to do
Thank you for your help

Re: Starting my own path 20 Aug 2024 02:08 #419454

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 19 Aug 2024 20:34:
Yeah I did it yesterday, the big Knas actually... It's really hard to give 250$ (especially bc I had ways to avoid such a big amount).
I renishba after that with more specific terms and more efficient ideas. I'll let you know how it goes from now! I'm not down or upset, just bored of falling again. I read somewhere that clean days were really something that we acquier. BH 50 days is huge for me and even more than what I expected to do
Thank you for your help

A knas is a deterrent. From what I know it works for a few select people. 

Is it worth trying? why not. 
Do I recommend it. No. 

Regardless, it only works if it works. 
If it doesn’t work as you discover if you have to pay a knas, it’ll be a good idea to up your game and find something else that does the magic you need in your life - not wasting money and buckling down the terms and conditions.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2024 09:16 by Markz.

Re: Starting my own path 20 Aug 2024 22:30 #419525

• ShtettlMan
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for your advice, but I dont think that leave this key that helped me going through 50 clean days in a row (which is huge for me honestly) just bc I had a fall. I dont know why you seem not to like this method, I mean working or not doesnt mean a perfect score at the first or second attempt dont you think?

Re: Starting my own path 21 Aug 2024 02:06 #419532

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 20 Aug 2024 22:30:
Thanks for your advice, but I dont think that leave this key that helped me going through 50 clean days in a row (which is huge for me honestly) just bc I had a fall. I dont know why you seem not to like this method, I mean working or not doesnt mean a perfect score at the first or second attempt dont you think?

I agree with you 100%

Mabe after a bunch of successive knas but don't discredit what worked after the first kink. 

Keep on doing what works for you.
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2024 02:45 by BenHashemBH.

Re: Starting my own path 23 Aug 2024 10:46 #419963

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
Shalom Brother,
How are you doing?
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2024 10:46 by BenHashemBH.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes