Welcome, Guest

Chooseurnames 90 day trip
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 13703 Views

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 20 Oct 2024 00:25 #423452

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 523 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dude, 
You didn’t read me totally right. I am not a stoic (though sometimes I wish I was). I am all for a glass of fine wine, and I actually enjoyed many, together with Esmeralda’s splendid cooking, over this blessed three-day Yom Tov. 

But there were moments of frustration. And moments of pain, (because Dumbledore still somehow knows of certain extraordinarily painful things that he cannot share, and Harry is still engaged in self-destructive behavior).

But through these special days - there is a thread of golden light woven through the tapestry that is life, the same golden light that slants through the Schach, and casts sun-dappled patterns on the wall. It wrapped me up during Hallel, and makes my Esrog glow. It’s reflected in the faces of my wife and kids. It even made the words in my Siddur light up, a bunch of times. 

And, at least, the message of the Yom Tov gave me a sense of joy in knowing that I have where to turn, on Whom to rely, that I can cast my burden on to the same Shoulder who wrapped us in his Wings and carried us over the burning sand… He will do so for me today, also. This provides soothing. And Simcha. 

So I wasn’t chock full of happy gladness every second of Yom Tov (though I was sometimes). But I feel a sense of simcha that permeates everything.

I am working on it. 
Hope to go dance my brains out soon. 

Maybe I’ll be dancing with you!! Maybe we will sing together, not knowing who we are אשרי מי שלא חטא ומי שחטא ישוב וימחול לו That would be terrific!!

I’ll imagine that it will be so. Looking forward!! I’ll dance with all of you,
LiChaim!!
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Oct 2024 00:27 by chaimoigen.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes