Welcome, Guest

Work in progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Work in progress 17190 Views

Re: Work in progress 04 Mar 2022 03:30 #378113

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Vehkam wrote on 02 Jan 2022 18:43:
Trying to post here on a somewhat regular basis so that I stay on course.  I have to rewire my thinking patterns of over thirty years!  I set the counter to the last date that I fell in masturbation.  I have been able to stay away from other things for longer.  I thank hashem for his kindness in helping me to this point.  

this shabbos I was in Florida.  Obviously there are a lot more nisyonos.  I definitely was more successful than other times in not following my eyes and gazing with the help of GYE. (Not to say that I was successful in every instance- at some point my feet just took me in the wrong direction even though my mind was saying- STOP!)  
One thing that helped me alot was a shiur I heard recently that describes the power of a tefila that one has immediately after he withstands a nisayon.       When I feel a possible weakness to a temptation, I quickly resolve to turn away and then I immediately daven for something that is very important to me.  Each small victory is another tefila.  I don’t want these nisyonos, but if they are coming anyway at least I have the opportunity to use them for something very meaningful.   

I am blown away by your post on the ukranian gye underground hub!!
Anyway you can share your story to the brothers over here that aren’t hiding in bunkers?

Tone it down slightly if you want - and Keep on posting :-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Work in progress 04 Mar 2022 04:14 #378115

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 1019 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you I have to see if there’s anything I want to cut out.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 06 Mar 2022 02:21 #378154

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
I just realized some thing amazing.  One of the suggestions over here has always been to celebrate your victories.  Usually this is done privately because we don’t announce our struggles to the whole world. Well I have been looking forward to a celebration ithis Tuesday for a long time because my Daf Yomi shiur is celebrating the completion of sefer moed and the party is scheduled for Tuesday night.  I have also been looking forward to completing my goal of 90 days clean.  I never paid attention to when exactly that would be, but I just updated my chart and I am at 87 which means I will be having a massive party on the day I complete my original goal of 90 days.  I feel like it’s a  another hug from Hashem.  Thanks to everyone here for the ongoing encouragement.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Work in progress 06 Mar 2022 02:27 #378155

Wow that's honestly amazing!!!!! Blew my mind! Your the best buddy! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Work in progress 09 Mar 2022 23:46 #378366

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
I hit my 90 days last night.  Danced the night away at our Daf Yomi siyum.  Iyh onward and upward….
vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 00:05 #378367

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read through your thread.  Your amazing!  Keep on inspiring us. 

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 12:03 #378388

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov! Keep it up. Day 91 can be anticlimactic. Don't get demoralized - now it's just real life with normal urges like everyone out there..... You have learned to not get overwhelmed and panic. The fly however will still buzz in your ear....
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 18:57 #378414

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. I’m still on the offensive. Gearing up to delete my Hulu account one of these days.
vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 19:00 #378416

Vehkam wrote on 10 Mar 2022 18:57:
Thanks. I’m still on the offensive. Gearing up to delete my Hulu account one of these days.

I’m always so impressed how am yisroel is always growing! Vehkam, Keep it up!!! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 20:30 #378418

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Vehkam wrote on 10 Mar 2022 18:57:

Combat Units are ready on standby!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 22:13 #378427

• 5Uu80*cdwB#^
  • Current streak: 1094 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazal tov on 90 days Vehkam!!!
If you are wondering why you can't stop masturbating even though you're guarding your eyes, it's because you're fantasizing.

Re: Work in progress 10 Mar 2022 23:09 #378430

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
I really appreciate all the encouragement etc… each comment I read is another validation.  I see that another 90 days will iyh take me to shavous. Hope  to be able to celebrate k’ish echad b’lev echad.  

Something that I thought of today

הַצִּילֵ֥נִי מֵרֹדְפַ֑י כִּ֖י אָמְצ֣וּ מִמֶּֽנִּי׃

Save me from my enemies (the yetzer hara) because they have become strong - memeni- from my previous actions which caused my enemy to become so strong (giving in to my urges which became stronger and stronger)

ה֘וֹצִ֤יאָה מִמַּסְגֵּ֨ר ׀ נַפְשִׁי֮ לְהוֹד֢וֹת אֶת־שְׁ֫מֶ֥ךָ בִּ֭י יַכְתִּ֣רוּ צַדִּיקִ֑ים כִּ֖י תִגְמֹ֣ל עָלָֽי פ

Take me out from these bonds and allow me to praise you, let me be a crown for tzadikim (becomes in a place where a Baal teshuva stands, even great tzadikim cannot stand) because of your great mercy upon me (that you helped me do teshuva even though I fell so far)

vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 11 Mar 2022 00:55 #378439

• Avrohom
  • Current streak: 210 days
  • Expert Boarder
Vehkam wrote on 10 Mar 2022 23:09:
I really appreciate all the encouragement etc… each comment I read is another validation.  I see that another 90 days will iyh take me to shavous. Hope  to be able to celebrate k’ish echad b’lev echad.  

Something that I thought of today

הַצִּילֵ֥נִי מֵרֹדְפַ֑י כִּ֖י אָמְצ֣וּ מִמֶּֽנִּי׃

Save me from my enemies (the yetzer hara) because they have become strong - memeni- from my previous actions which caused my enemy to become so strong (giving in to my urges which became stronger and stronger)

ה֘וֹצִ֤יאָה מִמַּסְגֵּ֨ר ׀ נַפְשִׁי֮ לְהוֹד֢וֹת אֶת־שְׁ֫מֶ֥ךָ בִּ֭י יַכְתִּ֣רוּ צַדִּיקִ֑ים כִּ֖י תִגְמֹ֣ל עָלָֽי פ

Take me out from these bonds and allow me to praise you, let me be a crown for tzadikim (becomes in a place where a Baal teshuva stands, even great tzadikim cannot stand) because of your great mercy upon me (that you helped me do teshuva even though I fell so far)

Beautiful idea - thank you! 
It also says ממסגר נפשי, perhaps meaning the shackles are from our own נפש - meaning an internal foe, not an external one - like you said.
אין הדבר תלוי אלא בי
אלמלא הקב"ה עוזרו לא יכול לו
זרע אברהם אוהבי

Re: Work in progress 11 Mar 2022 04:05 #378453

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. Excellent insight!!
vehkam7@gmail.com

Re: Work in progress 18 Mar 2022 20:11 #378767

• vehkam
  • Platinum Boarder
So I am in Florida for Shabbos as I am quite often.  My hotel is not in the middle of the action but it is close to the beach and occasionally there are some bathing suit issues. 
 I ordered some food and was sitting outside  waiting for Uber eats and three young women got out of a car and were standing right in front of Me - probably less than 2 feet from me. I cannot describe what they wearing because I was trying very hard not to look at it but it definitely was not tznius.  I had every opportunity to engage them in conversation and my initial reaction was they are here anyway so why should I not talk to them.  

I think that this was probably my most difficult struggle since I started this journey.  I put my headphones on and some music and spend the rest of my time sitting there staring at my phone.  It took a few minutes to process what I just went through. The feeling of desire to talk to them was so intense.  

The intenseness really took me by surprise.  Last time I was here I was able to take a long walk near the beach but then I was prepared for it and simply averted my eyes anytime I encountered any people.  This time it was unexpected and they were just standing  there in front of me.

I actually just read the chapters in the battle of the generation regarding Will power.  This really brought that message home that motivation enough sometimes will not work if you do not also have sufficient willpower.  (and will power itself will not work in the long term without motivation)
vehkam7@gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes