Welcome, Guest

OivedElokim-I’ll never give up
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 33558 Views

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 08 Sep 2022 21:16 #385585

OivedElokim wrote on 08 Sep 2022 14:50:
Proud to report that for the first time in recent memory, I went to sleep without masturbating, bez"h.

Way to go!

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 08 Sep 2022 23:55 #385587

Great to hear, keep it up!

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 09 Sep 2022 03:43 #385595

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a great, productive day. I'm gaining momentum in all areas of my life, and kedusha inyonim are no exception.

@Hashem: Please help me continue down this path of productivity, fulfillment, social connection and purity that I am currently in, and if I stray a bit-let me have the strength to bounce back without wallowing in feelings of failure and self-loathing.

My "Mitzvah Notes" for today:
  1. Called my father (putting it first because it was the hardest...)
  2. Gave Tzedaka
  3. Shachris and Maariv b'tzibur (was a busy day and I forgot about Mincha   )
  4. Learned in the morning
  5. Learned at night.

I plan on continuing the Mitzvah Note segment till Rosh HaShana, after which I will determine if it's necessary to continue.
Until then you will have to cope with me tooting my own horn 

Had a great long convo tonight with a new buddy from GYE. My GYE friends are in many ways my closest friends-as there is no need for "small talk" (which I happen to hate, btw), and I am extremely grateful for them. They enrich my life in so many ways.

Thanks to all of you!

Good night,
OivedElokim
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 09 Sep 2022 22:06 #385616

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, pretty full day today, BH. 
A little worried that I'll fall Shabbos, as I can't reach out for support. 
Therefore I'm committing $50 to an unnamed politician who I don't like (trying to stay out of politics over here...) reelection campaign if I masturbate at any time over Shabbos.

Todays Mitzvos:
  1. Shachris in shul, heard Kedusha and Borchu
  2. Called my mother
  3. Put on Tefillin with a yid that wouldn't have done so himself
  4. Same as 3
  5. Same as 4

Wishing everyone a restful and enjoyable Shabbos!

Thank you all,
OivedElokim
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 09 Sep 2022 22:11 #385617

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Looks like I got banned from the chat, can't think of anything I did that would warrant that...
Anybody know why that may have happened and what I can do about it?

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 10 Sep 2022 10:37 #385618

• NewAgain
  • Senior Boarder
I was banned also. I send email and never got a response. I guess they do that easily around here.

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Sep 2022 00:46 #385621

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah same here. 
I sent an email and the response I received was that they limited the chat for now.

The chat is a great way to welcome new guys and connect with people....hopefully it's back up soon.

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Sep 2022 00:47 #385622

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Gut voch.
Had a good Shabbos, BH. Stayed clean.

Seems like the chat was temporarily shut down. I hope it reopens soon.

Hope to have more good news to share tomorrow,
OivedElokim

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Sep 2022 01:13 #385626

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
The chat is like the queen.

What are you missing out on from not being there?
Are you referring to private chat
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 11 Sep 2022 01:58 #385629

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, don't care much for the public chat...

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 12 Sep 2022 03:43 #385650

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Didn’t have the best day, feeling weak right now. Texted two guys, hopefully I’ll stay clean.

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 14 Sep 2022 02:58 #385697

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell shortly after I posted that. Didn't impact my motivation or self-image much. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Anyways I fell into a bit of a slump lately, waking up late etc. Trying to get back into a good routine...

5 Mitzvos for today:
  1. Learned Chassidus with a chavrusa
  2. Mincha b'tzibur
  3. Learned Shulchan Aruch with a chavrusa
  4. Learned 5 prokim of Mishnayos myself
  5. Maariv b'tzibur

Been keeping in touch with guys from the site, find it to be very helpful.
Gonna try 'n get an early night and be up early tomorrow.
Hope to report that I'm happy, successful and clean tomorrow.

Thanks for reading
OivedElokim

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 15 Sep 2022 04:01 #385724

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately I fell again tonight. It was my third fall since my new contract. My falls also coincided with a slump in my happiness/mood. Don't think that's random, and it drives home how important being happy is to this struggle.

Made a bit of a cheshbon to figure out what went wrong. Made a new contract offline with a GYE friend who generously offered an incentive to help me get the ball rolling. I may post the contract I made with him later. ותהא משכורתו שלימה מן השמים.

5 Mitzvos for today:
  1. Chassidus with a chavrusa
  2. Starting a new chavrusa in גפ"ת , which was particularly invigorating
  3. Learned Shulchan Aruch
  4. Learned 5 prokim of Mishnayos
  5. Mincha/Maariv b'tzibur

Looking forward to a better day tomorrow and good things to come.
OivedElokim

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 16 Sep 2022 04:47 #385757

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Clean day today, BH.

5 Mitzvos for today:
  1. Chavrusa in Gemara
  2. Mincha b'tzibur
  3. Chavrusa in Shulchan Aruch
  4. Learned 3 perokim of Mishnayos
  5. Maariv b'tzibur
  6. Called my father

Hope to have good news to report tomorrow
OivedElokim

My current thread 

Re: OivedElokim-I’ll never give up 19 Sep 2022 00:38 #385818

OivedElokim wrote on 16 Sep 2022 04:47:
6. Called my father

That last mitzvah really touched me and brought a tear to my eye. I wish I knew who you were, so that I could hug you and tell you that you have a נשמה טהורה, a pure soul.

You wrote a post or two earlier that your fall didn't affect your motivation and self-image and you wrote "not sure if that's a good thing." I think it is a good thing. You have started listing Torah learning and davening at the suggestion of one of the GYE legends and, perhaps, you are starting to appreciate that the good and holiness that you put out in the world far outweighs whatever comes out of a fall. It may feel sacrilegious to say it because it comes off as downplaying a fall, but I believe it. We all know falls are "the worst." That's why we are on GYE. Still, why should a fall affect your motivation and your self-image. You are an amazing person and you made this GYE user shed a tear!
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes