Welcome, Guest

Keeping Accountability
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Keeping Accountability 10176 Views

Re: Keeping Accountability 22 Apr 2021 03:29 #367262

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Day #80!
Wow that's a big number bh!
Not much to say other than, it's starting to feel that I really don't need to act out all the time. I'm getting much used to living without it.
I could face my wife now without having to hide anything. (She caught me a few times after masturbating, but I brushed her off saying that it doesn't happen too often...I'm human... But really I did do it pretty often. But now I feel good that I really don't do it anymore).
I still have urges here and there, but its a whole different life without acting out.

Thank you Hashem!
Good night
HappyYid
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Keeping Accountability 22 Apr 2021 04:13 #367264

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep the momentum going!
Nothing like breathing in fresh air.

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Keeping Accountability 22 Apr 2021 04:50 #367267

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
HappyYid wrote on 22 Apr 2021 03:29:
Day #80!
Wow that's a big number bh!
Not much to say other than, it's starting to feel that I really don't need to act out all the time. I'm getting much used to living without it.
I could face my wife now without having to hide anything. (She caught me a few times after masturbating, but I brushed her off saying that it doesn't happen too often...I'm human... But really I did do it pretty often. But now I feel good that I really don't do it anymore).
I still have urges here and there, but its a whole different life without acting out.

Thank you Hashem!
Good night
HappyYid

HappyYid I have been following your journey here and I must say I am very impressed with you!

Mazal Tov on this huge accomplishment!

I just want to add a word of caution...Please keep your guard up! It is so easy to fall just that one time (it seems like everyone does!), and it is so very hard to dig yourself up following that fall from such a high place. Every person is different but just sharing my own experiences.

Hatzlocha!

Re: Keeping Accountability 22 Apr 2021 12:00 #367272

• happyyid
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 22 Apr 2021 04:50:
HappyYid I have been following your journey here and I must say I am very impressed with you!

Mazal Tov on this huge accomplishment!

I just want to add a word of caution...Please keep your guard up! It is so easy to fall just that one time (it seems like everyone does!), and it is so very hard to dig yourself up following that fall from such a high place. Every person is different but just sharing my own experiences.

Hatzlocha!

Thank you!

Yeah I myself have been at 115 days around 3 years ago and fell and since then (until 80 days ago) I haven't put in enough effort to win (I'm 1031 cumulative days). But here I am, putting in the effort...
And bezras Hashem I'll make it to big numbers!
My thread
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2021 12:59 by happyyid.

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 02:27 #367358

• happyyid
  • Platinum Boarder
Bh all is good!

I would like some advice/encouragement.
I am contemplating on switching over to a basic phone. 
I have an iPhone with a few websites allowed, banking apps, Waze, email and other small apps. (No WhatsApp or other social media). I am a 'regular' yeshiva guy learning in Kollel so there's no real need for me to have a smartphone. But I've had it for a few years now and it's really hard just thinking about not having it. 
I'm the type of guy that likes to take care of things, I'm on Google maps alot, banking, email... whatever.
I'm looking for someone that really knows what it feels like to have a smartphone and then to give it up. 
I need some tips/encouragement or something else.
I thinking that I might just have it in the car and I'll keep a basic phone on me with my number, this way I won't be walking around the whole day with it, and only at night I'll check up what I need to... Sounds like a good idea, but I still feel like it will be hard for me. Going to a flip phone, hard to text...

Any ideas? Any advice? All are welcome. But I feel like only someone that had/has a smartphone would really understand me.

Thanks in advance
HappyYid
My thread
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2021 03:27 by happyyid.

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 04:26 #367359

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
I BH have never had a smart phone so I  am not really the one you are looking to hear from. However, I just want to commend you on contemplating this move. I can only imagine how hard it is.
My job supplies me with a fully locked Ipad that can access email,google maps, some games (for the job...) and the company website. Having that has made it infinitely easier for me to withstand the push to get a smart phone.
I am assuming the smart phone itself is not currently your nisayon for Kedusha as that would be a whole different question.
Hatzlocha with your decision!

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 04:54 #367360

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I changed a couple of years ago to the setup you mention, initially it was annoying, as you say texting etc, but I've gotten used to it. I do keep a smartphone in my car and use it when needed but the flip phone is what i carry along with me. I have a flip phone filtered by "liviginet" with only email accsess, and everything else is blocked.
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 12:04 #367362

• happyyid
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 25 Apr 2021 04:26:
...I am assuming the smart phone itself is not currently your nisayon for Kedusha as that would be a whole different question.
Hatzlocha with your decision!

Correct.

Thanks
My thread

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 14:11 #367366

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
HappyYid wrote on 25 Apr 2021 02:27:
Bh all is good!

I have an iPhone with a few websites allowed, banking apps, Waze, email and other small apps. (No WhatsApp or other social media). I am a 'regular' yeshiva guy learning in Kollel so there's no real need for me to have a smartphone. But I've had it for a few years now and it's really hard just thinking about not having it. 
I'm the type of guy that likes to take care of things, I'm on Google maps alot, banking, email... whatever.
I'm looking for someone that really knows what it feels like to have a smartphone and then to give it up. 
I thinking that I might just have it in the car and I'll keep a basic phone on me with my number, this way I won't be walking around the whole day with it, and only at night I'll check up what I need to... Sounds like a good idea, but I still feel like it will be hard for me. Going to a flip phone, hard to text...

Any ideas? Any advice? All are welcome. But I feel like only someone that had/has a smartphone would really understand me.

Thanks in advance
HappyYid

Hey HY, I have a smartphone but it’s dumb because it’s all tagged up and whitelisted. Why do feel you need to change
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 14:39 #367373

• happyyid
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 25 Apr 2021 14:11:

Bh all is good!

Thanks in advance
HappyYid

Hey HY, I have a smartphone but it’s dumb because it’s all tagged up and whitelisted. Why do feel you need to change

Because there is still much more to do on it than a basic phone, and I feel like I'm spending too much time on it.
I don't want to get rid of it because of bad stuff, only because of wasted time.
Also I'll make my wife happy.
My thread
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2021 14:39 by happyyid.

Re: Keeping Accountability 25 Apr 2021 23:14 #367401

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Bh all is good!

Thanks in advance
HappyYid

I have been dreaming of ways to "downgrade" from a smartphone, but due to work obligations, it would be irresponsible not to have email access.
Some of the options I looked into:

Kosheros - smartphone with very limited appstore, even has appstores for specific yeshivas regulations
www.thekosheros.com

Gabb - an actual dumbphone for kids, but on a smartphone phone, if that makes any sense.
www.gabbwireless.com/

Punkt - a very smart dumbphone, can even connect to  a smartphone somehow.
www.punkt.ch/en/
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2021 23:15 by bigmoish.

Re: Keeping Accountability 26 Apr 2021 01:28 #367419

Just read through this thread start to finish very good stuff!

Can't wait to celebrate with you!
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Keeping Accountability 26 Apr 2021 01:56 #367423

• happyyid
  • Platinum Boarder
EvedHashem1836 wrote on 26 Apr 2021 01:28:
Just read through this thread start to finish very good stuff!

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

Wow thank you I feel touched 

Yes looking forward!
What's on the menu??
My thread

Re: Keeping Accountability 26 Apr 2021 02:34 #367427

Pre shavuos cheesecake?
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Keeping Accountability 26 Apr 2021 22:02 #367459

• BHYY
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bh all is good!

Thanks in advance
HappyYid

Hey HappyYid,
I gave up my iPhone 2 months ago and switched to a flip phone. I keep a "Waze phone" in my car which is phone with a filter that only allows Waze, nothing else, not even calling or texting. I'm extremely into tech so this was a big move for me.
I thought it would be harder but I have found it quite liberating. There's a certain freedom with getting rid of it, it's hard to describe but I hope you experience it. You get used to texting really quickly.
I think you should do it. Since I gave mine up my opinion is that anyone that doesn't need a smartphone should give it up. If only because it gives you part of your life back, you are no longer a slave to a device in your pocket.
Just my $0.02. Feel free to reach out if you want to talk more about it, bhyy@protonmail.com.
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes