Welcome, Guest

Is it worth it to try this again?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Is it worth it to try this again? 3075 Views

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 26 Dec 2020 16:59 #359769

optomisim wrote on 25 Dec 2020 20:39:
Starting again is what makes me feel loserish. the i am 1 day clean......
i know what or i feel i know what everyones thinking. nebach.

Don't feel loserish, I think you should feel immensely strong. The yezter hora's main goal isn't to get you to fall (although he'd very much like that as well), rather it is to keep you down and rolling in the mud once you do fall. You should be very proud of dusting yourself off and restarting, often the first day is the hardest and requires the most effort. 

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 26 Dec 2020 19:21 #359771

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
the first day is only hard because we tend to feel we are back at square one, which is certainly not the case. when we fall we get up from the place we fell not from the place we previously fell. whatever we achieved before the fall is ours forever.
​ODAAT isn't just a strategy, it's a fact that our duty is only to concentrate on today, not on yesterday or tomorrow. who cares whether it's day one or day 1001, today we only think about today.  

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 26 Dec 2020 23:48 #359774

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
optomisim wrote on 25 Dec 2020 20:39:
Starting again is what makes me feel loserish. the i am 1 day clean......
i know what or i feel i know what everyones thinking. nebach.

You are mixing up your feelings. Day 1 is the part you (should) feel good about. The day before day 1 is what you are really feeling bad about. Why are you looking at the part of day 1 representing the fact that the day before you lost? Focus on the reality of it being a day where you will start a clean streak again. 

If you insist on viewing every day through the prism of its yesterday, start to view day one as tomorrow's clean yesterday.

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 27 Dec 2020 02:20 #359778

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1398 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We certainly don't feel "nebach on you."

While you may be struggling in the taavah / self-discipline / anxiety area,  you are very much the hero of the hour in the "courage category."

Each day has it's particular avoda. Every person has his specific avodas hashaah (see very end of last perek of mesilas yesharim- perek 26).... Embrace that avoda and run with it!

Keep us posted,

I.M.G.

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 27 Dec 2020 04:22 #359789

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looks like all these replies are trying to get optimism to be optimistic! And for the record, what the oilam wrote here is emes l'amito! 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 27 Dec 2020 07:28 #359820

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually agree with optimism - starting again should make you be loserish לא-זר-איש Don’t be a stranger man ! Post on the forum share your struggles with an understanding supportive group of regular guys like you are,it’s helped so many of us.
As far as the nebach thing , I doubt anyone feels that way , most of us have been there done that , rarely does someone just come on here and tada  
Mr kodosh vtahaor , it’s a process , so give yourself a chance and don’t get in the way by putting yourself down .

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 27 Dec 2020 07:46 #359822

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder

I actually agree with optimism - starting again should make you be loserish לא-זר-איש Don’t be a stranger man !

This made me smile.
Thank you

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 31 Dec 2020 05:35 #360228

• optomisim
  • Senior Boarder
I am sending this late I thought I posted this already but must have forgotten to press submit. Chevra I really really appreciate the chizuk that everyone is giving. It  is really making a dent in my yetzer hara mindset of feeling unempowered and low. Thank You. Your all Mamish Tzaddikim!

Re: Is it worth it to try this again? 01 Jan 2021 18:08 #360362

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We are here for you!! Come hang out!
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes