Welcome, Guest

Bgit's Path Round #2
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bgit's Path Round #2 51137 Views

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 17 Oct 2017 22:51 #321243

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
bgit wrote on 17 Oct 2017 04:09:
....... I think that I'm starting to realize that after I fall I feel good, but I start to be unpleasant to the people in my life that matter to me (wife and kids). .........
**This may contain triggers so please be careful.  I don't think that it's too bad, but please use your judgement**.......

to the first point, I'm a pretty nice easygoing guy, but I turn into a barking dog after a fall, snapping at the smallest thing that my family does.

and to point #2,
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 17 Oct 2017 23:41 #321244

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 17 Oct 2017 12:44:
How about if you masturbate with another person?

My take: one who is lustin' is in a pursuit of self gratification. One who is engagin' in healthy sex (whatever the Hell that means) is involved in givin'.

B'hatzlachah

Thanks for the input.  I don't think that we are saying anything different really.  From what I've read around here, a person can get to a point where even though is engaging with another person he is effectively masturbating.  B"h I'm not holding there and I was speaking from my own experiences.  I agree with you 100% that the way the connection is formed is by being more of a giver and less of a taker.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 17 Oct 2017 23:47 #321245

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
B"h today was pretty good even though it was still unstructured.  Also, my wife became assur so that might throw a wrench in things, but be"h it will be ok.

See everyone tomorrow!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Oct 2017 04:19 #321253

• Yitz1010
  • Fresh Boarder
is this tru by everyone?

i find it interesting that the first week or so of being assur passes without a hitch, and then the last few days (think even white day #7 it has happened) that i get pulled by the lust...
Last Edit: 18 Oct 2017 04:59 by Yitz1010.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Oct 2017 21:36 #321286

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
@Yitz1010

I've heard people say that on the baalei batim forums, and in the past, day 7 has driven me crazy.  I'll pay attention this time around.  Each time has it's own struggles I guess...

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Oct 2017 21:43 #321288

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
For the past couple of days during shemoneh esrei in the morning I've admitted to Hashem that I'm powerless over this struggle and asked him to keep me for that day alone.  At maariv, I thanked Hashem for keeping me clean.  At those times, there is complete serenity which I feel and which has been spilling over to the rest of the day. I've also been trying to keep in mind the reason why I don't want this, that it makes me act badly to the people that I love.  This causes a great net loss compared to the pleasure of acting out.  So far these attitudes have made this struggle easier and be"h it will continue.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Oct 2017 05:25 #321298

• Yitz1010
  • Fresh Boarder
when u said day 7 do u mean day 7 of 90 or 7th of clean days

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Oct 2017 11:27 #321310

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yitz1010 wrote on 18 Oct 2017 04:19:
is this tru by everyone?

i find it interesting that the first week or so of being assur passes without a hitch, and then the last few days (think even white day #7 it has happened) that i get pulled by the lust...

Extremely normal. You just have to keep reminding yourself that your body does not need to ejaculate. It is a false notion we have talked into ourselves. Best proof is that with a distraction -friends, a good book, exercise, it suddenly disappears.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Oct 2017 21:37 #321337

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף
Keep me posted how that goes. I guess that is the essence of the 12 steps (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). Complete surrender. Hatzlacha brother and may Hashem be with you today!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 20 Oct 2017 01:54 #321346

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
B"h today was good.  I got it from the 12 step and from Dov's posts around the site.  I"m really realizing that it's true that I can't control whatever urges I do have even if they are not as destructive as some other people who are part of 12 step groups describe on this site.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 22 Oct 2017 01:29 #321392

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
I have to be honest, so I have to say that I had a fall on Friday.  I was reading something (not bad) but there was a picture of a girl and I started lusting over it.  I probably should have stopped at that point, but I kept going and I think that in the back of my mind I wanted to see another picture of her.  There wasn't really anything more, but the thought of it was driving me crazy and I masturbated.

I noticed that when I was lusting, even though there wasn't anything there and I was just hoping that I would see something, I started to ignore my kids and wife.  It really drives me into myself when I do that and I don't want to do anything else at the time.  Does anyone have any advice on what to do in this type of situation. I mean when you're doing something innocent and you start lusting.  Should I stop doing that thing immediately, even though there isn't anything really wrong?  It seems like it would just be expressed somewhere else.  Any advice?

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 22 Oct 2017 08:14 #321405

• robfloyd
  • Current streak: 2563 days
  • Junior Boarder
I think you already have the answer. You say when you start lusting, it drives you into yourself. It doesn't matter if the specific thing you're doing is innocent or not. If it's triggering you, you need to stop immediately. Since it remains in your mind, it's not enough to stop what you're doing. You need get out of yourself and connect to someone else... friend, family, sponsor...

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 22 Oct 2017 08:15 #321406

Terribly unfortunate. I've been in your exact shoes many times. feeling like from tomorrow on i'll be clean. so very tough to fight the second and third urges. here's my advice, it's not just about how many days you stayed clean.
A: Seed is holy and wasting it is a sin. 
B: The more you feed the monster inside of you the harder it is to fight it. chazal teach us there is a small organ inside your body.... 
C: After a fall try to tell yourself , if i want to stop this horror show from happening again I MUST STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!! 
Stay strong, Pray. Keep exercising. Don't give up, start again! Read the GYE handbook. And Pray again. 
Hashem is the key to everything. im hashem lo yishmor ir shuv shukeid shomer.
Have yourself in mind by refueini in shemone esra. 

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 22 Oct 2017 13:02 #321414

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
RobFloyd wrote on 22 Oct 2017 08:14:
I think you already have the answer. You say when you start lusting, it drives you into yourself. It doesn't matter if the specific thing you're doing is innocent or not. If it's triggering you, you need to stop immediately. Since it remains in your mind, it's not enough to stop what you're doing. You need get out of yourself and connect to someone else... friend, family, sponsor...

Bgit brother,
I had hinted about this to you a month ago on this post. 

IMHO it's likely the other way around
When youdrive you into yourself, you start lusting

From the gye pages you visit it seems to me that you are desperate to protect yourself (perhaps because you may have a hard time taking care of yourself) which unwittingly minimizes the care you can provide to the people / family in your life

Then when things get tough, you may take it further and when lust pokes his head you have a hard time to stop

Why are you desperate to protect yourself? Perhaps due to childhood experiences... Im not a professional but getting real life input can help you live better with the people you deal with daily, and it may automatically reduce mr Lust to insignificance!

Alternately getting into a recovery Truck with a real program e.g. 12 steps can possibly work the other way to solve the self-focus issues that we all have to some extent.

Am i making sense at all?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2017 13:15 by Markz.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 22 Oct 2017 16:28 #321423

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Write up a list of things to do when you get a lust attack. Examples: Call a fellow GYEer, exercise, read a previously written list of things Hashem has done for you, call a friend and walk out of the house/office, etc
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes