Welcome, Guest

Bgit's Path Round #2
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bgit's Path Round #2 51135 Views

Bgit's Path Round #2 17 Sep 2017 02:34 #320338

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #1

After getting through 23 days I had a fall on my last challenge of making it 40 days until Yom Kippur I had a fall.  I've decided to try again with some small differences which I hope will make things a little better.

First, I'm going to try and make it to Yom Kippur again, which is two weeks away.  I made it 14 days last time (for the first time ever) and believe that I can do it again.  I think that 40 days (and for sure 90) is too much for me at this point.  Afterwards we'll see how I'm doing.

Second, I'm going to put more emphasis on exercising.  Last time I got burnt out from the stress, and I didn't have masturbation to relieve it.  I believe that if I would have had a way to deal with this, I wouldn't have fallen.

Third, I'm going to try and get more sleep.  I noticed that when I don't get enough sleep I feel frazzled and it makes it much harder for me.

That's all for the new intro.  See everyone on day 2!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Sep 2017 03:03 #320393

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #2
B"h everything was ok today.

See everyone on day 3!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Sep 2017 20:34 #320422

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #3

I am starting to feel it a little bit things are still OK. I've made up to exercise to try and release the tension from not acting out. 

See everyone on day 4!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 18 Sep 2017 21:27 #320426

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Way to go! Only today counts.  btw, did I ever mention that I like bgit's?  What made you choose that name?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 24 Sep 2017 17:16 by stillgoing.

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Sep 2017 20:11 #320464

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 18 Sep 2017 21:27:
Way to go! Only today counts.  btw, did I ever mention that I like bgit's   What made you choose that name?

Thanks for the chizuk. Bgit is "be gut" chassidishly(if that's a word) and it also has a personal meaning. 

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Sep 2017 20:13 #320465

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #4

I'm starting to feel it a little today. B"h it's been OK though. 

See everyone on day 5!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 19 Sep 2017 20:41 #320467

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Brother sounds like it's already getting tough

Whats gonna be over RH where exercise isn't on the cards unless you have a truckload of crumbs to cart to tashlich. 

Dump that truck, start Trucking and have a real Happy new year ;-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 20 Sep 2017 15:59 #320486

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #5

No news is good news, I'm still doing pretty good.  Shabbos and Yom Tov usually aren't too bad so I should be ok until they're done.  I (obviously) won't be posting tomorrow and Friday.

See everyone on day 8!  Ksiva V'Chasima tova to all!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 24 Sep 2017 02:43 #320501

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #8

Yom tov and Shabbos went pretty well without any episodes. It's so much easier when computers/phones aren't available!  I'm half way to Yom Kippur, and I hope that the coming week will be like this past week.  Also, I'm starting to realize that this time around is easier thanks to my last time around so this is really a continuation of that.  That's a pretty important lesson to learn, that a fall doesn't put you back at zero and you get to keep some of what you gained.  Because of that if I have another fall, I don't think that I will restart the thread, I'll just continue it.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should migrate this thread back to my old one?

See everyone on day 9!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 24 Sep 2017 22:11 #320540

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #9

Usually fast days aren't too good for me since I'm usually home and don't have a very strict schedule.  B"h today has been good though.

See everyone on day 10!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 26 Sep 2017 01:17 #320585

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #10

Today has been going pretty well.  I listened to Rabbi Reisman's shiur on this stuff (it's on the forums) and he mentioned how great it is if someone stands up to this nisayon, and he's like Yosef haTzadik and is mekadesh Hashem b'seiser.  It really inspired me and made me proud of what I'm doing.

See everyone on day 11!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 27 Sep 2017 01:19 #320629

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #11

Today was a little tougher than the other days.  I was actually tempted today to go to inappropriate places online, but B"h I didn't give in.  The exercise definitely helps and makes me feel a lot better.

See everyone on day 12!

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 27 Sep 2017 01:51 #320631

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great job. Keep it up. Having a plan like exercising or speaking with a friend are very beneficial.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 28 Sep 2017 01:56 #320675

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Day #12

Thanks for the chizuk Hashem Help Me.  Unfortunately last night and today I had falls.  Things started to get in my head, ironically, from videos which showed exercises.  Last night I couldn't fall asleep for a long time and my head was racing and I started watching those videos and they got worse and worse.  I feel bad that I couldnt' even make it to Yom Kippur .   I need to be more careful about what I watch.  I also have an issue, after a fall, I feel like "I have to reset the clock anyway so I might as well enjoy the day" which leads to lots more falls and wasted time. I need to change my motivation from the challenge, to include something more internal, so that I won't keep falling after falling once.  Does anyone have any advice?

Re: Bgit's Path Round #2 28 Sep 2017 02:23 #320677

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear that

bgit wrote on 23 Aug 2017 19:43:
I've been looking to join a phone conference but all the times are in the morning or afternoon (even though it says at night), and I'm only available in the evening.

אין דבר העומד בפני הרצון
Check your engine it may be rumbling closer to join a conference call or calling a successful Trucker :-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes