Welcome, Guest

I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream.
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 6997 Views

I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 18:50 #315295

Hi. B"H I overcomed masturbation when I watched "wasting seed is pgam habris" by rabbi yaron reuveun!
but from 2 weeks ago I had my 1st  wet dream (nocturnal emission). And again last night was my 2nd time!
the yetzer hara knew that he can't overcome me when I'm awake because i don't watch shmutz anymore and i don't masturbate anymore, so he came when I'm sleeping. I don't have control over him when I'm sleeping. I tried everything I say tikun haklali and the shema and wear my tallit Katan before I sleep but he came last night, study Torah when I have time as I can, I'm on my teshuva still. I started my teshuva a month ago which is to fast every Monday and Thursday for 3 years. When I realized that I had a wet dream I was feeling "I want to die, HaShem won't accept my teshuva because I repeated the sin, I'm going to gehinom anyway". 
Please tell me what to do.
does HaShem still remember me?
why didn't HaShem protect me from the yetzer? What is this challenge? How to overcome this? 
Please answer me!

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 19:03 #315296

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't worry about it. It is very normal when you are nervous not to have a wet dream that you should have one. You are doing your best, and there is no doubt that HaShem wants you to try your hardest and leave the rest up to him.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 19:08 #315298

Thank you very much your words comforted me. May HaShem bless you forever!

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 19:32 #315299

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Aaronhopeful@gye.com wrote on 14 Jun 2017 18:50:
Hi. B"H I overcomed masturbation when I watched "wasting seed is pgam habris" by rabbi yaron reuveun!
but from 2 weeks ago I had my 1st  wet dream (nocturnal emission). And again last night was my 2nd time!
the yetzer hara knew that he can't overcome me when I'm awake because i don't watch shmutz anymore and i don't masturbate anymore, so he came when I'm sleeping. I don't have control over him when I'm sleeping. I tried everything I say tikun haklali and the shema and wear my tallit Katan before I sleep but he came last night, study Torah when I have time as I can, I'm on my teshuva still. I started my teshuva a month ago which is to fast every Monday and Thursday for 3 years. When I realized that I had a wet dream I was feeling "I want to die, HaShem won't accept my teshuva because I repeated the sin, I'm going to gehinom anyway". 
Please tell me what to do.
does HaShem still remember me?
why didn't HaShem protect me from the yetzer? What is this challenge? How to overcome this? 
Please answer me!

Why not fast every dinnertime so your body is so weak that dreams will all be clean?

Dont take me serious about that please. Don't do it

But why would you fast for 3 years if it's possibly totally unnecessary?
IF you are a solid road of recovery you may be able to live without it as mentioned previously and noted on the "Free Towing page" HERE (See Part B #4)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 21:24 #315307

I'm just doing extra teshuva for the sake of heaven since wasting seed is a major sin. Chazal said a person who wastes seed and don't know how many times he did he should fast 282 times so I divided 282 by 2 per week and added some days I got 3 years!

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 21:34 #315308

• cordnoy
Aaronhopeful@gye.com wrote on 14 Jun 2017 21:24:
I'm just doing extra teshuva for the sake of heaven since wasting seed is a major sin. Chazal said a person who wastes seed and don't know how many times he did he should fast 282 times so I divided 282 by 2 per week and added some days I got 3 years!

Yep.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 21:39 #315310

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Aaronhopeful@gye.com wrote on 14 Jun 2017 21:24:

Do you hope this alone will help get rid of lust too?
Or have you started some sort of gye program...

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 14 Jun 2017 22:21 #315314

Since I started this teshuva it helped me to stop watching shmutz. B"H.
Also I'm making my self busy by studying a lot of Torah.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 15 Jun 2017 00:41 #315322

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Aaronhopeful@gye.com wrote on 14 Jun 2017 22:21:
Since I started this teshuva it helped me to stop watching shmutz. B"H.
Also I'm making my self busy by studying a lot of Torah.

I tried that too, to study lots

It can work

If it doesn't, we are always here for you

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 15 Jun 2017 00:50 by Markz.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 15 Jun 2017 01:10 #315327

Thank you very much. 
May Hashem bless you forever!

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 15 Jun 2017 14:28 #315366

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Aaronhopeful@gye.com wrote on 15 Jun 2017 01:10:
Thank you very much. 
May Hashem bless you forever!

Do you have a rabbi that you can discuss this with? There are many rabbis that say that fasting isn't the best way to do teshuva because it can make us grouchy, too weak to do mitzvos, or other reasons. Talking to a Rov or Rebbi would be a great idea.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 15 Jun 2017 15:39 #315371

Ok! 

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 21 Jun 2017 01:22 #315768

• hashiveinu
  • Current streak: 108 days
  • Junior Boarder
im amazed at how you overcame watching shmutz and m* from just watching something from rabbi reuvein.
about your wet dreams you have nothing to worry about. all poskim consider it an אונס and although one has to control his thoughts (which is why you are here) it is in no way the same thing as m* consciously. and even if it happens on yom kippur you dont have to worry about dying that year. the tikkun is to learn more torah than you are used to and if you dont know how to learn you should give more tzedakka. (see mishna berura hilchos yom kippur siman 615 seif katan 2). you are doing all this already. fasting is meant for people who are on an extremely high level. many poskim say that for us nowadays fasting is coming from the yetzer horah to weaken the person and take away from the quality of his learning. i can go on and on.
but one eitza told by many rabbanim and mashgichim is to completely remove your head from even trying to be metakein. the more your head is on it the more likely you will dream about it even if you are focused on trying to change and be better (thinking about not thinking about something is the same as thinking about it). my advice is to do something you enjoy that will take your head off the whole topic before you go to sleep (read a jewish novel, news, kosher video). doing all these things before sleep just puts it on your head.
good luck! 

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 21 Jun 2017 01:36 #315771

• cordnoy
Doin' somethin' he enjoys is what caused the wet dream in the first place.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I overcomed masturbation but I got a wet dream. 21 Jun 2017 02:20 #315776

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a suspicion he tried all those things like learning, tzedekah etc. Perhaps he needs something else. Perhaps this has nothing to do with Torah or yiddishkeit, perhaps he is struggling with derech eretz. Being more frum or religious didnt help me. Maybe it will help you. Not sure. But how many times Aaron did you try davening more, learning more, mikvah more, and how much did it actually work? Did your obsession get better or did it get worse?

Perhaps you need recovery. 
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2017 02:22 by dms1234.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes