Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Here we go.... 13374 Views

Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 14:30 #307244

Day 3 actually... though day one in the forum... 

Married b"h 5 kids..

I have 2 really hard components in my struggle
1) I work in and with computers... as much as i try to install CE on everything i come across the corporate devices don't work with CE... and at work there are computers and similar devices everywhere
2) Not a therapist disclaimer :-) but I am sure I can use some self esteem boosters, to give gayva a plug i like to think im good looking,built well and have a gr8 sense of humor.... I fall into the trap of seeking validation in chatrooms (they still exist you'd be surprised) B"H i don't have enough self confidence to strike up conversations with women at work etc... LOL 

Anyways been a constant on and off again struggle for more than 15 years and since there is no shortage of hishtadlos here I am

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 14:42 #307247

• cordnoy
Welcome,

Recovery should be with hatzlachah.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 14:57 #307251

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome!!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 15:34 #307256

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
annon12345 wrote on 02 Mar 2017 14:30:

Married b"h 5 kids..

1) I work in and with computers... as much as i try to install CE on everything i come across the corporate devices don't work with CE... and at work there are computers and similar devices everywhere
2) Not a therapist disclaimer :-) but I am sure I can use some self esteem boosters, to give gayva a plug i like to think im good looking,built well and have a gr8 sense of humor.... I fall into the trap of seeking validation in chatrooms (they still exist you'd be surprised) B"H i don't have enough self confidence to strike up conversations with women at work etc... LOL 

Anyways been a constant on and off again struggle for more than 15 years and since there is no shortage of hishtadlos here I am

Welcome! Hope to see more of you. Keep us posted.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 18:29 #307264

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT

Married b"h 5 kids..

Hi and welcome to the class of 5777
I too work online, that is my struggle. CE lasted a week until i got the first report and had to remove it from everything because it was so broken for how i use the internet.
I too am good looking with a great sense of humor.
Lets be buddies!

You say you are good looking and have a great sense of humor and physique.
You wouldn't say it if it were not true.
So maybe its not validation that you need about these things and its deeper things that need to be validated.
I hate to jump in at the deep end, with no real background, but these validations (superficial ones and the need to be loved also) need to come from our wives.
I personally ask for them quite often... although i have started to ask less and believe more.
We have no background at all on your marriage, but for most of us, our struggles had an effect on the marriage. I am starting to work on my struggles and slowly i am learning to say the right things in my marriage. For some its all one sided (here many argue its completely our fault) but obviously she has her own history and past and struggles like everyone.
So two options.
Either your marriage is great and you just need more wives.
Or you are (currently/in the past) not getting the validation you need from inside the house.
If the former, work on your tayvas.. If the latter - then you need to go on that journey with yourself to find out whats missing.
Much brocha on your journey to becoming self aware and sober!

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 18:34 #307265

• cordnoy
I believe we used to have an "add a pilegesh" poll/survey/thread.

Perhaps it's a business waitin' to be started?

Shark tank?

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 18:51 #307267

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
cordnoy wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:34:

Shark tank?

Shark Tank has seen more than enough bad dating apps.
Personally i think Pilegesh is a very outdated concept, did you ever hear of womens lib?
Second (third,fourth) wife is the way you want to go with this startup idea.

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 19:03 #307268

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
GrowStrong wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:51:

cordnoy wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:34:

Shark tank?

Shark Tank has seen more than enough bad dating apps.
Personally i think Pilegesh is a very outdated concept, did you ever hear of womens lib?
Second (third,fourth) wife is the way you want to go with this startup idea.

Maybe 5 years ago when the Men and Women's forum was combined. You came too late
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 19:04 #307269

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
if you add a piligesh your wife will throw you in the shark tank 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 19:15 #307270

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT

You came too late

I have never been accused of this.

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 19:29 #307271

GrowStrong wrote on 02 Mar 2017 18:29:

Married b"h 5 kids..

I too work online, that is my struggle. CE lasted a week until i got the first report and had to remove it from everything because it was so broken for how i use the internet.
Lets be buddies!

So maybe its not validation that you need about these things and its deeper things that need to be validated.
I hate to jump in at the deep end, with no real background, but these validations (superficial ones and the need to be loved also) need to come from our wives.
I personally ask for them quite often... although i have started to ask less and believe more.
We have no background at all on your marriage, but for most of us, our struggles had an effect on the marriage. I am starting to work on my struggles and slowly i am learning to say the right things in my marriage. For some its all one sided (here many argue its completely our fault) but obviously she has her own history and past and struggles like everyone.
So two options.
Or you are (currently/in the past) not getting the validation you need from inside the house.
If the former, work on your tayvas.. If the latter - then you need to go on that journey with yourself to find out whats missing.

LOL 
sure I like to dive in head first :-D

Baruch hashem i am the luckiest man with my wife.... she is a real good sport in so many ways (no idea about some of the things i do etc....)  in terms of validating the superficial... she doesn't and to an extent that bothers me... i mean i did the whole p90x multiple times... i mean im pretty ripped... 6 pack and all....... she pays little to almost no attention to it.. and i dont even bother bringing it up i have given up on getting validation from her about it...... (now i just stare at myself in the mirror and thank hashem for such a beautiful creation LOL)  
and yes on a really real level it causes me to seek that validation from ladies whom i know will oggle at my biceps so yeah thats hard.....but only in so much that it causes me to go astray...... 

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 19:37 #307272

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
annon12345 wrote on 02 Mar 2017 19:29:

Married b"h 5 kids..

Lets be buddies!

So two options.

LOL 

Baruch hashem i am the luckiest man with my wife.... she is a real good sport in so many ways (no idea about some of the things i do etc....)  in terms of validating the superficial... she doesn't and to an extent that bothers me... i mean i did the whole p90x multiple times... i mean im pretty ripped... 6 pack and all....... she pays little to almost no attention to it.. and i dont even bother bringing it up i have given up on getting validation from her about it...... (now i just stare at myself in the mirror and thank hashem for such a beautiful creation LOL)  
and yes on a really real level it causes me to seek that validation from ladies whom i know will oggle at my biceps so yeah thats hard.....but only in so much that it causes me to go astray...... 

So its basically entirely superficial?

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 20:10 #307275

as opposed to?

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 21:19 #307284

• cordnoy
GrowStrong wrote on 02 Mar 2017 19:15:

You came too late

I have never been accused of this.

Post of the year decade!

Re: Here we go.... 02 Mar 2017 21:20 #307285

• cordnoy
annon12345 wrote on 02 Mar 2017 19:29:

Married b"h 5 kids..

Lets be buddies!

So two options.

LOL 

Is this guy bein' serious?

Does anyone know?

Time to create page: 0.86 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes