Welcome, Guest

Maybe we should just close down GYE?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 13172 Views

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 22:02 #301224

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Yosef Tikun HaYesod wrote on 26 Dec 2016 21:35:
Think of it like a shidduch.

Why a shidduch?! I would say he's more like a teacher. If you don't understand something, ask.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 22:33 #301225

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Thanks for the action tonight guys, I see this place can have some!

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 22:54 #301226

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Markz wrote on 26 Dec 2016 18:06:
I'm not a call guy - wasn't on last week, but I guess there are also guys that were considering if they want to get real and give Dov a real call so they join his private call, and they're not ready for that yet

I don't know if you read a recent Dov post that many are trying to stay in hiding on this forum, and each will come out in his time, like the flask of oil

Seems you are confusing his "Desperadoes call" with the new morning call. The new call doesn't require getting "real" and calling Dov before hand. You can just listen in, or send in your questions before hand.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 22:59 #301227

• the.guard
cordnoy wrote on 26 Dec 2016 20:26:
So, my point bein' especially Reb Guard, you can't have it both ways. Are people readin' this gonna flock to his calls? They are on GYE. Joinin' Dov (which might be a great thing for some or many) means gettin' off GYE. Bein' on GYE means that one is not prepared or ready for Dov's recovery method. If you are advocatin' for Dov's call, you might wanna stand outside the meetin' places. If you are advocatin' for GYE, then Dov's call is not the place for you.

Dov and I play "good cop, bad cop". But we're both on the same team . You see, we want people to come to GYE, play around while staying in hiding, get slowly comfortable, learn about recovery, and then start getting real.

You can't play a game without having someone play against you. But we're both playing the same game.

Woops. I just gave out the secret. 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 23:00 #301228

• the.guard
Yosef Tikun HaYesod wrote on 26 Dec 2016 20:54:
I feel bad for guard reading that. 

LOL. We fooled you guys good.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 23:03 #301229

• the.guard
unanumun wrote on 26 Dec 2016 21:30:

"GYE is offering this opportunity for free to y'all and no one is taking advantage of this?! I am shocked. I think we may as well just close down GYE. It seems no one is using the site anymore."

I feel like this is a slap in the face. 
Yes, I don't think i would have gotten to my place without dov's pushing me and challenging me the first few days i was on the site, but since then (almost two years,) i have not had too much to do with him. Not on purpose  - it just worked out that way. 
I have been clean since I joined the site, and have grown in many many areas of my life, besides lust, and i continue to grow. I still am in regular contact with friends that i made through gye and read almost all the posts - I receive them all as emails.
If I and others like me are not a reason for GYE's existence as long as people aren't showing up to a specific phone call, then perhaps go ahead and close it down. 

Unanumun, please forgive me. You are right, I shouldn't have used such language. I was just a little shocked when Dov called me today that no one called in.

You are a wonderful GYE success story, and we all salute you. The whole GYE would have been worth it for you alone! Halevai more of our members should be like you. Keep up the good work! 

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 26 Dec 2016 23:10 #301231

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Rebbe you are the Jug of lightheartedNess which is why I plussed your Karma and is now גימטריא of פח שמן!

Unanuman was justifiably shaken up

Imagine if GYE would be disbanded... 

Actually please don't!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 00:13 #301235

• cordnoy
the.guard wrote on 26 Dec 2016 22:59:

So, my point bein' especially Reb Guard, you can't have it both ways. Are people readin' this gonna flock to his calls? They are on GYE. Joinin' Dov (which might be a great thing for some or many) means gettin' off GYE. Bein' on GYE means that one is not prepared or ready for Dov's recovery method. If you are advocatin' for Dov's call, you might wanna stand outside the meetin' places. If you are advocatin' for GYE, then Dov's call is not the place for you.

Dov and I play "good cop, bad cop". But we're both on the same team . You see, we want people to come to GYE, play around while staying in hiding, get slowly comfortable, learn about recovery, and then start getting real.

You can't play a game without having someone play against you. But we're both playing the same game.

II clicked "thank you" here, for I think it is a nice mehalech. Personally, I don't think that is your real intention though. Call me skeptical....oops, that name is taken already.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 06:22 #301252

• shua73
  • Current streak: 133 days
  • Gold Boarder
Workingguy wrote on 26 Dec 2016 18:30:
On a personal note, I find that time to be almost impossible as that's carpool time. 

OOr supposed to be driving kids to school time if I'd actually be up on time which never happens.
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 06:42 #301254

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Watson wrote on 26 Dec 2016 22:02:

Yosef Tikun HaYesod wrote on 26 Dec 2016 21:35:
Think of it like a shidduch.

Why a shidduch?! I would say he's more like a teacher. If you don't understand something, ask.

watson don't you think that by a shidduch you should also ask when you don't understand:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
personally the time doesn't work for me as I'm in israel and running to shiur then
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 13:28 #301267

i was so excited when the first email about the call when out and had it at 9. but 8 is impossible. my wife leaves to work before i do and i get to do breakfast and getting the kids out. but i love GYE as a whole and its helping change my life

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 13:58 #301269

• cordnoy
By the way, another point:

TheseI calls are recorded.
People on GYE are in hidin'.
They don't want their voice recorded forI the public and for posterity.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 14:19 #301272

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote on 27 Dec 2016 13:58:
By the way, another point:

TheseI calls are recorded.
People on GYE are in hidin'.
They don't want their voice recorded forI the public and for posterity.

Clarification: the first ten minutes are not recorded. Additionally, you can ask questions via email.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 16:03 #301283

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
the.guard wrote on 26 Dec 2016 22:59:

A good-cop bad-cop scenario can get the offender to spill the beans, but the criminal does not then talk to the 'bad-cop', they run from him. In the example of GYE, Dov is the 'bad-cop'. If that's the strategy, then the call makes no sense. 

personally, I've been helped tremendously by gye, and my entire life has been changed, which is why I've been very offended whenever I hear Dov putting down this site and those who use it. It would be hard to open up and accept advice from someone who tells me that all of my recovery work for the last two years on gye and those connected with it is fake.
Its not.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2016 16:12 by stillgoing.

Re: Maybe we should just close down GYE? 27 Dec 2016 16:08 #301284

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I saw the chizuk email and I really can't believe that Guard put in that GYE is on the verge of closing down (unless it is).

It's really crying wolf, and I'd add that maybe you have to ask yourself- if not enough people are taking to the call- is it THEM or is it ME? Was it the wrong time, wrong guy, wrong format- what about this aren't my subscribers/members taking to?

I love Dov and spoke to him for an hour once, and I don't want to talk about him in a specific way, but let's just say this- he has a style. A specific style and way of speaking. And while many people love it and learn tons from it, we've also seen people who don't understand him, don't get it, or are too shocked by his very forward style.

I don't think that, for people who can't handle it, it's just that they can't handle truth or that they aren't willing to do enough to get sober. For some people-even people who DO end up going to live groups-the style is just not one they can get used to.

But I don't personally think that's what it is. I haven't heard one person say- oh 8 am, I'm perfectly available then. And I know you have to make yourself available, but that may be one of the worst times for a lot of people.
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes