Welcome, Guest

TzedekChaim's journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: TzedekChaim's journey 45799 Views

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 23 May 2017 17:15 #313939

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
TzedekChaim wrote on 23 May 2017 13:01:
The rebbe was recommended by the mesader kiddushin Rabbi Anonymous, you may have heard of him

Yes, I believe he is a relative of the famous Rav Schwartz.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 23 May 2017 18:02 #313943

• cordnoy
Bigmoish wrote on 23 May 2017 17:15:

TzedekChaim wrote on 23 May 2017 13:01:
The rebbe was recommended by the mesader kiddushin Rabbi Anonymous, you may have heard of him

Yes, I believe he is a relative of the famous Rav Schwartz.

My lips are sealed.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 24 May 2017 23:05 #314077

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
Now, here's an energizer thread.
You give this guy a keyboard and he don't stop!
What does he write in the middle of all his posts?
I'm sure it's good - at least that's my impression from reading the first and the last paragraph.
I wonder if there's anything written in between all those picture faces he draws.
Good fellow.
I think he's getting married soon.
Either that, or he likes those choson shmuesin instead of magazines.
Me, I'd prefer the real stuff, but each his own.
Truth be told, magazines aren't real either.
Sort of like fake news.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 24 May 2017 23:21 #314080

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 24 May 2017 23:05:
I'm sure it's good - at least that's my impression from reading the first and the last paragraph.
I wonder if there's anything written in between all those picture faces he draws.
Good fellow.
Sort of like fake news.

Any buddy know if there is a way to click once "thank you" and auto fills for the last few posts?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 24 May 2017 23:27 #314081

• cordnoy
Markz wrote on 24 May 2017 23:21:

Good fellow.
Sort of like fake news.

Any buddy know if there is a way to click once "thank you" and auto fills for the last few posts?

Mark taught me once how to click "thank you," but stay on the same page. Genius of a fellow.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 May 2017 00:35 #314082

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 24 May 2017 23:27:

Markz wrote on 24 May 2017 23:21:

Good fellow.
Sort of like fake news.

Mark taught me once how to click "thank you," but stay on the same page. Genius of a fellow.

Did something good for the life of me

And how? Open in new Tab
On PC Right click
On Mobile hold the button down
On the new website put your nose on the button

Thank you for listening

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 May 2017 13:56 #314102

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow Markz! What a clever trick. Thanks for sharing. (and thank you Cordnoy for bringing it out)

Day 261!!!! Baruch Hashem!

The hirhurim are stronger than before, but I'm not letting them get me down. I have long since realized that no matter how aroused I am if I go do something else it will go away and I'll be fine. In fact i'll be GREAT! So they come they go. Putting it in perspective helps so much. And to be honest it only happened 3-7 times. I can live with that. So for a couple of minutes a day of discomfort I can not let it overwhelm the rest of my beautifully sober 24 hours  

Been working on emunah and (insert word for opposite of worry. calmness?) Making some good progress. I don't have to like the situation in life that I am in (being an addict), but I need to accept it, and work with the reality of it. I'm not a millionaire either yet that doesn't get me bent out of shape, life goes on. 

Thank you guys very much.

KOT!!!!
                    ________
---------------/                 \______<
|__/       \___________/        \__|
        O           O

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 May 2017 14:09 #314103

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
p.s. that THING was supposed to be a TRUCK...

Also, my rebbe called me from Israel and helped me a lot to manage my last few days of schoolwork without letting the fantasies procrastinate my mind away. He gave me a big boost. I wish everyone a bracha to have a close rebbe as the one Hashem has blessed me with!!!!

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 28 May 2017 19:43 #314324

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
Baruch Hashem DAY 264!!!!

Wow, the hirhurim are not easy. Very strong. Do not recommend having a shmooze until much closer to the wedding, especially someone who has a very active and powerful imagination. That being said, I had the shmooze early, due to extenuating circumstance which Hashem arranged and this is most certainly a nisayon which is there for my benefit, and I need to just keep at it. Surrender when they come, don't dwell on them, and try to stay as busy as I can so I don't have time to have wandering thinking. BUT most importantly, I'm not going to get down about it. I'm not going to call myself a prust perverted sicko whose not worth the dirt under his own shoes. I'm not going to because it's not true in any sense at all. I am me. I am a son of Hashem, I have a holy neshama, and I know that I can do it. I'm not going to let doubts in if I'm not working hard enough to stop the hirhurim, because that just gets me down and is usually 'too much thinking'

Thank God I have grown so much the past 264 days. I recognize the dangers of lust in a real way, I have a great toolbox to deal with it, I have the GYE community (and my parents, my rebbeim, and Hashem), and if it indeed is getting out of control Hashem will guide me to get the additional help and support that I need. Taiva is necessary, on many levels, but it has to be regulated appropriately (channel appropriately) and I hope that I will be zoche to continue on this great journey of recovery and grow from level to level along with all of the heileger yidden who work so hard on this pillar of the world. God bless you holy people.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 28 May 2017 20:12 #314329

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You are obviously a born leader. Iyh you will help many other bochurim and chassanim deal with this most challenging time.   Did your rebbi acknowledge that the shmuess could pose a challenge? Advice?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 28 May 2017 22:26 #314345

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
Thank You!

Yes, my rebbe told me a while ago that some things are better left discussed till closer to the wedding. The Chasson Shmooze teacher said that he was very reluctant to do it for this reason, but since I didn't have too many other options, and that my mesader kiddushin had suggested him, (also after the fact, I think that learning from him was very helpful,) he decided to go ahead nontheless. So we're dealing with it.

I know that if I wasn't on GYE the way I am now (in terms of the growth and tools) I would have fallen a lot from the shmooze, and blamed the entire thing as not my fault but the graphic shmooze. The truth is the shmooze is graphic, but it doesn't make me act out. it just makes it a bit more challenging than it was before. That's fine, in some ways getting married is going to also make it a bit more challenging, but it will also remove the mystery of the whole thing and that I think will help as well.

I spoke with my rebbe today and it was very very helpful for me. I would be happy to PM or share with anyone else reading this going through a similar part of their life in terms of dating and marriage. I have learned so much, and I think I've gained some perspective on it. (Obviously, I only have what works for me, but I'm happy to share nonetheless )

Wishing everyone tremendous hatzlacha!!!! and a sober and shteiging Shevuos!!!

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 May 2017 11:07 #314374

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Its just incredible how you are dealing with the matzav. When i was in your situation i fell every few hours. Imagine the roller coaster of emotions. Excitement towards marriage, yet depression from the constant falling. I always prayed others be spared, but didnt know it could be possible. You are an amazing inspiration for all ages, but most definitely for any bochurim reading your thread. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 May 2017 19:26 #314424

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Hashem Help Me. Maybe I'm doing as well as I am because you prayed for me.

you know we say that kohen gadol on yom kippur when he goes into the kodesh hakodashim he prays a short prayer so that the people shouldn't get nervous that he died. the gemara asks what does he pray for? IT answers that he prays for the rain to come down. What?! What a waste! He is the holiest guy, in the holiest place, on the the holiest day of the year and that is what he prays for! a few drops of rain! Why do we use such a strong prayer for this seemingly little thing? I heard in a shiur once the answer. In eretz yisroel they need the rain. However, if someone is walking on the road and it starts raining, they will pray for it to stop. Why do the walkers win out over the tziburs of yidden praying mashiv haruach? because they really mean it. They feel the cold water running down their back and getting in their eyes and they really mean it. When a jew really means something it is so powerful. This is why it takes the kohen gadol at such a powerful moment and place to counteract the prayer. Your prayer when you were going through the roller-coaster-heck (believe me, I've been on my own roller coasters to understand an inkling) is so powerful, sincere, dear, and lasting to Hashem Yisborach that I have no doubt in my mind that it has helped many a chasson! 

Al achas Kamma ViKamma all of the prayers that come from the heileger GYE chassidim on this site who are striving so sincerely to come close to Hashem. It's mind boggling if one thinks about it what must be going on upstairs.

Thank you for sharing and your constant encouragement! 
Last Edit: 29 May 2017 19:57 by tzedekchaim.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 May 2017 23:05 #314450

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
TzedekChaim wrote on 29 May 2017 19:26:
Thank you Hashem Help Me. Maybe I'm doing as well as I am because you prayed for me.

you know we say that kohen gadol on yom kippur when he goes into the kodesh hakodashim he prays a short prayer so that the people shouldn't get nervous that he died. the gemara asks what does he pray for? IT answers that he prays for the rain to come down. What?! What a waste! He is the holiest guy, in the holiest place, on the the holiest day of the year and that is what he prays for! a few drops of rain! Why do we use such a strong prayer for this seemingly little thing? I heard in a shiur once the answer. In eretz yisroel they need the rain. However, if someone is walking on the road and it starts raining, they will pray for it to stop. Why do the walkers win out over the tziburs of yidden praying mashiv haruach? because they really mean it. They feel the cold water running down their back and getting in their eyes and they really mean it. When a jew really means something it is so powerful. This is why it takes the kohen gadol at such a powerful moment and place to counteract the prayer. Your prayer when you were going through the roller-coaster-heck (believe me, I've been on my own roller coasters to understand an inkling) is so powerful, sincere, dear, and lasting to Hashem Yisborach that I have no doubt in my mind that it has helped many a chasson! 

Al achas Kamma ViKamma all of the prayers that come from the heileger GYE chassidim on this site who are striving so sincerely to come close to Hashem. It's mind boggling if one thinks about it what must be going on upstairs.

Thank you for sharing and your constant encouragement! 

Major Post violation

YOU MAY NOT WRITE NEW INFO BY CLICKING "EDIT".
 I ALMOST MISSED YOUR NEW INFO. 

GOT IT????????

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 30 May 2017 01:57 by Markz.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 May 2017 23:13 #314452

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote on 09 May 2016 15:30:
The Kohen's Gadol's tefillah on Y"K in the K"K concluded with the bakashah that Hashem shouldn't listen to the "ovrei derachim's" tefillah that there shouldn't be rain then.

Isn't that an odd tefilah to be inserted at the holiest place on the holiest day at that time?

Mefarshei Tehillim say on Tehillim 22: רחוק מישועתי דברי שאגתי - at times the Ribbono shel Olam acts with us different than our requests, and that is because the "yeshuah" is distant from our request, for we are askin' the wrong thin'. Additionally in 17 as well. 

The tefillah of the "ovrei derachim" is a short-sighted one, for they are lookin' at themselves only, and just for that time. They are not seein' the full picture. This is code for all of our tefillos, every day. We may ask for a lot, but is that what we should be requestin'.

He knows what is good for us. May it be His will that He gives us the good allotted for us, and may it be His will that we should realize it.

That and more on the call today iy"H.

Time to create page: 0.93 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes