Welcome, Guest

Singularity's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Singularity's Journey 106987 Views

Re: Singularity's Journey 14 Jul 2017 10:54 #317187

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Singularity's Journey 14 Jul 2017 12:09 #317193

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Breath In

Breath Out

REPEAT!!

Sing', Boy I was worried for you.
Please reply to your email with your phone #. You can't leave me like that!

If I may ask - did you have close friends at your previous job
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Singularity's Journey 14 Jul 2017 14:53 #317207

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back! Great to hear from you again and Mazal Tov on the new one.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Singularity's Journey 14 Jul 2017 16:45 #317218

• LifneiHashem
  • Current streak: 735 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome back and thanks for the update. Things should continue to go in the right direction. 

Re: Singularity's Journey 17 Jul 2017 00:48 #317291

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back. Your post is gadlus! Imagine a world where everyone worked on themselves with such honesty like you. Mazel tov on your new addition. Hatzlocha with the job.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Singularity's Journey 17 Jul 2017 02:30 #317294

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sing: I just read your share in its entirety. I appreciate your honesty and that you focused on the positive. Good for you. Thank God you have a new job and your wife took your disclosure well. (A word of caution: It is very common for wives to take it well initially and then it can hit them hard later and they have adverse reactions). God did for you what you could not. He got you a new job, even though you didn't imagine that it would happen in this particular fashion. 
I have heard this story and many similar in the time that I have been attending 12-step meetings. If you keep coming back and make a true honest effort, the promises are guaranteed. If you are willing to go to any length and to truly give up your power to your Higher Power, your life will change. If not, we will refund your misery. With interest. I know there's nothing I can say to make someone be willing, but that is my experience. 

Good luck.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Singularity's Journey 17 Jul 2017 07:15 #317305

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Thanks guys. Means the world.

Markz: Were I to have close friends, it would be a good start! My closest friend is so different to me now, we hardly see each other, and he's not religious either so we're worlds apart on top of everything else. Not saying that religion is a friend-kill factor, but it adds to the divergence. I don't know how to make close friends. anymore. At such a loss. Coupled with fear of rejection. I'm working through these things in therapy but I feel I need like 3 sessions a week where I'm only getting one every per se 2 weeks. 

Shlomo: I did preempt the notion that down the line she'd feel it more. So far it hasn't really happened. We did have a discussion when I asked her to change a password once and I always let her express whatever was on her mind and try answer accordingly. BH our shalom bayis was not one to suffer in this scenario. Biggest gift.

I am being crippled with the same fears, anxieties etc at this new job and I just pray for the ability to push through. Probably because it's very quiet and my main work has not been completely formulated just yet. I can see the same path I do not wish to take. I pray for the drive to change it. God, grant me this wisdom.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 18 Jul 2017 18:04 #317398

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Sing, Shlita,

I just read through your update; not sure how I had missed the last bunch of posts. All I can say is wow! You seem to be dealing with your change of circumstances in a very real way; it's very inspiring.

Now I want to doubly apologize for my tense remark on the other thread. Keep on posting; nice to have you back!

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Jul 2017 16:06 #317463

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Sing!

Sounds like your handling well. Big life changes really rock the boat in many areas. When I was younger after each time that my family would move I would get some really bad illness. Nothing had changed in my schedule just that I didn't know just how stressed out my body was from the change. I can  only imagine that having several big changes (even tremendous brachot!! not that that makes them easier to adjust to) at once on top of a very rigorously honest self improvement/recovery program is really putting yourself on all four burners, on your george foreman, in the microwave, and on the deep fryer!!

Wow! It must be very challenging what you are going through right now. B'H you have a job, even with all the challenges of adjusting. A new baby boy (mazal tov!) can dig into your sleep which make it harder to be fresh and energetic the following day. I get very grumpy and find it so much harder to deal with life when I'm sleep deprived (I bet most people do ). I wish you a lot of hatzlacha and bracha, may you shep so much from your new son as well as your other beautiful children, may you have a continued deep and rock-solid relationship with your wife and Hashem, and may Hashem pull back the fog of angst and grant you some sweet serenity and calm in your life along with some better shocks for your trucking vehicle of choice.

I wish I could help more than simply write some words. You give me a lot of hope and inspiration. Thank you Singularity.

Wishing you all the best,

TC,

Re: Singularity's Journey 21 Jul 2017 00:59 #317639

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Just read through some of your posts. Thanks! You are truly amazing and inspiring. I can relate to a lot of what you write. I also experienced a restructuring at work and the birth of a child. I'm in valleys of debt, but never maxed out yet. 
Hatzlacha Rabba!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Singularity's Journey 23 Jul 2017 02:18 #317688

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sing' a few threads are required reading

This one by dms is a good start ;-)

You can see it all on 2 pages
Page 1
Page 2

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 23 Jul 2017 02:30 by Markz.

Re: Singularity's Journey 12 Sep 2017 16:40 #320150

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sing I can't hear you - your are sofar

Need you back brother to breath some life this side of the virtual world

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 12 Sep 2017 17:10 by Markz.

Re: Singularity's Journey 12 Sep 2017 17:28 #320158

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just got word from him that he is doing well and hopes to update us soon...
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Sep 2017 07:41 #320439

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Hello all!

Work has been ridiculously busy. I've looked down and the next time I have a chance to breathe it's like 4:30. BH!

So here's a nice update:

The new job is absolutely amazing. I am having so much fun, I actually enjoy it! The profile is a perfect blend of creativity and business that allows me to use tools like photoshop and whatnot as well! I grew up on that stuff and am very grateful I can exercise my ingrained passions. The job allows me to take initiative on projects, work with clients and I can feel the fire in my breath as I show them what I do. Because I love it. And I hope they can see that too.

We found a new place to live! It's a steal. In the area, a big house with a massive garden and 3 bedrooms. I feel more like a human being and we had our first Shabbos guests and they stayed the whole day because well it was just that fun!! We're hosting like mad for the Yomtovs, even having our Rabbi over with his family and hosting the siyum for our night seder. So exciting!

Our kids are growing up nicely and everything is just a treat.

Sure financial worries are there and will always be there but I feel the program has helped me deal with life and the challenges that come with it in a more honest way.

Working the program and trying to surrender is going well. BH I am currently over 5 weeks sober. I listen to Dov's recordings, go to the weekly meetings and phone my sponsor or sms whenever I need to check in, surrender etc. Well probably not every time I should but BH it's improving.

Small update, but I think dynamite loaded within.

Thanks for all your warm messages and your love. I had some time this morning between projects and haven't been on chess.com yet so it was a good time to update!!

Love you all!

~Sing
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 19 Sep 2017 11:05 #320443

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Its wonderful to see how BH so much has turned around in your life for the better. Along with the sobriety so much simchas hachaim comes along in your post. May Hashem give you continued hatzlocha in all inyonim.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes