Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Success Story 17863 Views

Re: Success Story 04 Dec 2015 10:21 #270412

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:
Lizhensk wrote:
Why does every day have to be a fight? I'd prefer NOT to have to fight
This conflicts with your signature
"Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill"

Good question, but lemme answer please.
Liz...you can be honest and lemme know if you approve or not.

His signature is referrin' to one's work ethic in recovery....if your mehalech is lackadaisical, then you are traveling backwards. If you are puttin' in an effort, then you are movin' in the right direction.

Regardin' lust, however, it shouldn't be a fight....we surrender and let God. To get to that point is not easy, for we work a program, but when the desire hits, we surrender....We don't engage in battle.

Thank you for the question and givin' me the opportunity to explain that; t'was beneficial for me.

How does this work? We surrender when the desire hits?

I'm assuming that's not the same thing as giving into the desire.

I understand Hashem is a crucial part of the process but surely so is one's battle against the yetzer?

Anyway as always I can't post tonight so shabbat shalom to all and much hatzlocho in your endeavours

Re: Success Story 04 Dec 2015 11:38 #270416

• cordnoy
ysftw wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:
Lizhensk wrote:

His signature is referrin' to one's work ethic in recovery....if your mehalech is lackadaisical, then you are traveling backwards. If you are puttin' in an effort, then you are movin' in the right direction.

Regardin' lust, however, it shouldn't be a fight....we surrender and let God. To get to that point is not easy, for we work a program, but when the desire hits, we surrender....We don't engage in battle.

Thank you for the question and givin' me the opportunity to explain that; t'was beneficial for me.

How does this work? We surrender when the desire hits?

I'm assuming that's not the same thing as giving into the desire.

I understand Hashem is a crucial part of the process but surely so is one's battle against the yetzer?

Anyway as always I can't post tonight so shabbat shalom to all and much hatzlocho in your endeavours

Ystfw....Read the white book please.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Success Story 04 Dec 2015 13:07 #270424

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
markz wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:
Lizhensk wrote:

That was simple but great.

In other words
"Life is Like a Bicycle: but we don't recommend rock climbing with a bike"

As I've been working the program, I've learned that Honesty is key. And therefore I will admit that when I added that line to my signature, I was referring to MarkZ's interpretation. I haven't really paid attention to my signature since then.
However, I do like Cordnoy's interpretation. So now, that is what that line means to me.

Thank you for the chance to be honest
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Success Story 05 Dec 2015 16:33 #270475

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
21 down 69 to go.
22 down 68 to go.
Again just realising when sid is talking and blotting it out is proving effective, although I'm preparing for his more mischievous ways.
Shaugh tov

Re: Success Story 06 Dec 2015 22:29 #270594

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
23 down 67 to go.
Chanukah sameach!
So I held back my ego and reread the key sections of the white book about fighting. And some other parts
I spent the whole time assuming that it isn't me that it's talking about. That I'm stronger and that I can find find a better way than recommended.
of course it is me it's talking about. And I can't.
And willpower won't last long term.
I'm following the advice and surrendering the fight to Hashem..sid can beat beat me, but not Hashem.
I'd love to understand how others view what it means to surrender the fight to Hashem. For me it means to pray that that day He'll take care of sid.
Watcha think?

Re: Success Story 06 Dec 2015 23:18 #270596

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
yfstw wrote:
Watcha think?
I like it!!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2015 23:20 by Markz.

Re: Success Story 07 Dec 2015 19:18 #270675

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
baby i like it, the way you post on the forum, baby i like it, i i i like it!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Success Story 07 Dec 2015 20:17 #270690

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
24 down 66 to go. Bh
To clarify I was not after validation...just after how others understand what surrendering the fight to Hashem should be. To compare and contrast and grow.
Still interested.
That being said it's day 2 of surrendering the fight to Has hem and thus far it's good. Every time Sid rears his head I acknowledge I can't deal with him and pray that Hashem will fight for me.
Day 2 of chanukah too, the fight for religious practice. Definitely giving me extra koach.
Can't explain it, but it works so well.
Bh

Re: Success Story 08 Dec 2015 22:50 #270802

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
25 down 65 to go.
Sid was very active today. I want to share the ways in which he was active but I realise that sometimes on this forum it's bad for people to come across descriptions of temptation.
But essentially he put a fair few images into my head which were addicting and inappropriate.
It turns out that I have to leave the fight to Hashem because I am certainly too weak alone.
Hopefully if I walk in His ways and pray He will fight fore
I just must remember to not be drawn into the fight.
Just for tomorrow I want to be a tzaddick Hashem!

Re: Success Story 09 Dec 2015 20:04 #270896

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
26 down 64 to go.
Hashem I can't fight this desire please fight it for me. Hashem I desire this desire please rid me of it.
Works.
Now I must work on doing his work in this world.

Re: Success Story 10 Dec 2015 23:00 #271006

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
27 down 63 to go. With thanks to Hashem
WHY AM I ALWAYS SO TIRED.
Still Bh we can each be a Korban tamid...A daily constant service to Hashem

Re: Success Story 12 Dec 2015 16:49 #271070

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
29 down. 61 to go.
I couldn't have updated that yesterday but I should have posted. That was a mistake. Not going to beat myself up about it but, will BN to resolve to be more makpid even on Friday night when I can't post...Gedarim!
Shavuah tov
Chanukah sameach
Chodesh tov
I worked out that the yetzer isn't always recognisable today. Sometimes it uses very genuine feelings. And it takes a while to realise they're disingenuous.
Please hashem help me get through the rest of today...I'm too weak to fight alone

Re: Success Story 13 Dec 2015 00:40 #271082

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I have found that in my experience those feelings weren't fake, they were very much real feelings. I don't even know how one could have fake feelings, what does that mean? Maybe inaccurately labeled feelings would be correct. Or it could be that we felt feelings based on a skewed perception of reality (for example anger at someone who in actuality was helping me). But for me, the feelings were always real. Did I have to act on those feelings? Could I have found healthier coping methods? Yes. [But I had to go to SA (therapy also to a degree) to learn things like that]. People learn them other ways obviously also.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Success Story 13 Dec 2015 19:52 #271166

• ysftw
  • Gold Boarder
30 days done. 60 to go. Bh.
I'll need to think on what you said. Thank you.

Re: Success Story 13 Dec 2015 21:10 #271172

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
your welcome tzadik

Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes