Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I'm back! 20108 Views

I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 19:45 #268005

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
Hello folks,

I've been gone for a while - many ups and downs... but that's in the past.
I've gained some experience both in the real world and on GYE, also, I have discovered more about myself and why I am in the situation I am currently in. and now I'm coming back better and stronger!

First off - I will attempt to keep you good people updated daily - unless I am not online - which I intend not to be.

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 19:51 #268007

• cordnoy
Welcome back; t'was gettin lonely here in Anchorage.

Thanks
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 19:52 #268008

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
This is not day one - since I have already fallen today unfortunately. Tomorrow will be counted as day one.

I watched some stuff online - this doesn't usually happen, as "stuff" is not really my main problem. But it unfortunately is one of my triggers.

While I was watching stuff, I was fighting myself and trying to figure out what would turn me off, the first thought that popped into my head was GYE's "turn off" button.

Now I'm here - I've made a sudden decision to stay clean and I'm not fully prepared for it - but I can't wait for it to come to me. I must reach out.

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 20:01 #268012

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
My problem - used to act out weekly in a inappropriate fashion.

Last time I was here, I did very well - I was clean for quite a while.

Three weeks into my streak, I started crossing the "almost falling" zone but I kept clean for another few months.

Then - due to a personal tragedy - I was lingering in the "almost" zone with my guard down, and I fell.

I was embarrassed after reaching such a high streak, I was too embarrassed to show my face - anywhere. Even here.

But now I have reached my rock bottom, and from here I would like to rise back up. I've done it with GYE previously and I will now do it again. Hopefully.

Thank you for listening.

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 20:13 #268013

• Keepclimbing5
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
The fact that that ur back means you haven't given up so fast... U sound like someone whose got plenty of fight left, but that u just need a little pump... We're rooting for u so stand tall and keep posting:)

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 20:23 #268014

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
polar bear wrote:
My problem - used to act out weekly in a inappropriate fashion.

Last time I was here, I did very well - I was clean for quite a while.

Three weeks into my streak, I started crossing the "almost falling" zone but I kept clean for another few months.

Then - due to a personal tragedy - I was lingering in the "almost" zone with my guard down, and I fell.

I was embarrassed after reaching such a high streak, I was too embarrassed to show my face - anywhere. Even here.

But now I have reached my rock bottom, and from here I would like to rise back up. I've done it with GYE previously and I will now do it again. Hopefully.

Thank you for listening.
markz wrote:

Try this small step it may help you.
For the next 10 days come on here every day and post where you're upto, whether you're uphill or about to fall, and your friends will be here for you
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I'm back! 06 Nov 2015 20:37 #268015

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
welcome! i have found that no matter how ashamed i was it was all in my head and the chevra here accepted me graciously. have a good shabbos!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: I'm back! 15 Nov 2015 20:11 #268656

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
Day 9: Ha ha, so much for coming back every day. In my defense, I was too busy to do much damage. I'm happy I'm still on board. Here's a bit a knowledge about myself I'll bet you didn't want to know (if it looks like stuff is missing at this point, assume the moderators deleted it...) One of my weaknesses takes place when I am in the bathroom. So I tend to try taking my showers in the Mikvah.

This bit of spooky information comes with a funny story.

Mrs. Polar Bear was curious to know why I can't shower in the house - so I told her that I may or my not be falling when taking a shower in the house.

So a while back, I was tired and decided to take a shower in the igloo as a one time thing. Mrs. Polar Bear screamed at me to get out of the shower because if I fall, our lack of success will be on my shoulders. (Fall as in acting out - not literally fall on the floor). She bugged me until I came out and assured her that everything went ok (Believe me, no one could fall in such a situation). But she was not satisfied with my word alone. So we made a deal that if I fall, I will have to do a specific difficult errand around the igloo that she usually does (Going ice fishing, for the sake of this post). So now I really don't want to do that, but when I told her that I didn't fall since, well, she was not satisfied with my word alone.

So I may still end up going ice-fishing anyway.

Re: I'm back! 15 Nov 2015 20:23 #268659

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
The zoo has just captured you!
You are to post one 'bear'able comment on the having fun forum DAILY if you want sealions for dinner

Else you will be served salmon gefilte fish - with bones - yuch
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I'm back! 16 Nov 2015 20:15 #268760

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
polar bear wrote:
Day 9: Ha ha, so much for coming back every day. In my defense, I was too busy to do much damage. I'm happy I'm still on board. Here's a bit a knowledge about myself I'll bet you didn't want to know (if it looks like stuff is missing at this point, assume the moderators deleted it...) One of my weaknesses takes place when I am in the bathroom. So I tend to try taking my showers in the Mikvah.

This bit of spooky information comes with a funny story.

Mrs. Polar Bear was curious to know why I can't shower in the house - so I told her that I may or my not be falling when taking a shower in the house.

So a while back, I was tired and decided to take a shower in the igloo as a one time thing. Mrs. Polar Bear screamed at me to get out of the shower because if I fall, our lack of success will be on my shoulders. (Fall as in acting out - not literally fall on the floor). She bugged me until I came out and assured her that everything went ok (Believe me, no one could fall in such a situation). But she was not satisfied with my word alone. So we made a deal that if I fall, I will have to do a specific difficult errand around the igloo that she usually does (Going ice fishing, for the sake of this post). So now I really don't want to do that, but when I told her that I didn't fall since, well, she was not satisfied with my word alone.

So I may still end up going ice-fishing anyway.

lol. that was really cute. are there any cute polar bearlings around the house? (i don't actually care but little polar bears sound really cute to me).
on a more serious note i think mrs. polar bear has a little bit of trauma going on inside her.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: I'm back! 16 Nov 2015 23:51 #268775

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
pb.jpg

or maybe it was this
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2015 23:54 by stillgoing.

Re: I'm back! 17 Nov 2015 00:34 #268789

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing has just killed the cuteness of polar bears. i saw some really cute baby polar bear pictures but i wasn't able to upload it.

Re: I'm back! 04 Dec 2015 19:50 #270461

• polar bear
  • Expert Boarder
Hello, thank you for cute - and not so cute pictures (The one on the left is actually an old friend of mine:) ). If I had time, I would load it into my profile picture. Maybe another time.

Day 28. My daily thing is really not working - but my streak is.

I have come to a few situations where I have almost fell, but then didn't. I think I have become stronger since my last 90 days, and that the challenge really is easier... Also, I feel like I'm in '90 day chart' mode, and that stops me from falling completely.

On the one hand, not posting here daily may be a good thing for me - since I lose track of what day I am on and then come back to find out that wow so much time has passed.

On the other hand, staying away for long may lead me to fall during a weak moment.

By the way, Mrs. Polar Bear ended up going ice fishing for me.

Re: I'm back! 07 Dec 2015 19:25 #270677

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
so mr. polar bear, i have a question for you: are we polar bears here to get our life together or here to go streaking?

Re: I'm back! 07 Dec 2015 19:54 #270686

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
this is just for good measure
polarbear.jpg

HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Edit: 07 Dec 2015 19:55 by shlomo24.
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes