Welcome, Guest

To 90 and beyond
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: To 90 and beyond 5108 Views

Re: To 90 and beyond 29 Oct 2015 21:11 #267283

• strugle613
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Senior Boarder
Today I am going for my 17th clean day even though I know I should really consider it just one regular day the same as any other as that numbers increases it gets harder to think of it one day at a time. While I need to take today as its own singular by itself I also know that I need to feel proud of my past accomplishments. This battle seems hard sometimes to balance feeling good about my past accomplishments but at the same time remembering that what I did yesterday does not effect anything that I will do today. I hope I can soon get to the stage where it really is only a battle of one day at a time and it doesn't matter how many days in a row I have been clean. What will only matter is that I make sure I keep clean for today.

Re: To 90 and beyond 30 Oct 2015 02:35 #267325

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
We only have today! So says the program and so says the Torah! Actually the Torah says we only have this very moment!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: To 90 and beyond 07 Nov 2015 23:39 #268024

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
I just saw something by mistake. However the second I realized that I was in danger I got away from the website as fast as I could. But the damage has been done and its in my head and right now I just have that bad feeling that unless I find something to get it out of my head its going to stay there and maybe cause me to fall. Any suggestions?

Re: To 90 and beyond 07 Nov 2015 23:51 #268025

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a similar thing happen to me recently. My sponsor told me to chill out and not get too obsessive. I also have heard that people will ask god to remove it being that god was the one who put the image there (if it was a true accident) then he's "responsible" to take it away. there was nothing done on our part. also i found by my accident that time took it away.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: To 90 and beyond 12 Nov 2015 19:46 #268493

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
30 days now I have only been this far once before and I have to say I feel great. My learning has never better I am able to concentrate and keep my mind clean. Not sure if this is really accurate but I even feel better than I did last time I made it this far. But knowing all this I realize that I still have a really long way to go and I can't sit back and just relax. I have to keep my foot on the pedal and keep powering forward every single day. If this is how I feel after 30 days imagine how I will feel after 40, 60 and 90 days now for sure is not the time for me to relax at all.

Re: To 90 and beyond 12 Nov 2015 19:56 #268494

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Good going!

Keep it up, what specific steps are you using to protect yourself

Kot

Re: To 90 and beyond 12 Nov 2015 20:19 #268496

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
WOW! great! what are you doing to stay sober? also it's amazing that you feel good in sobriety, i had a period of sobriety that felt like hell and i lost it really hard, a binge that lasted over a month
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: To 90 and beyond 12 Nov 2015 20:24 #268498

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
strugle613 wrote:
30 days now I have only been this far once before and I have to say I feel great. My learning has never better I am able to concentrate and keep my mind clean. Not sure if this is really accurate but I even feel better than I did last time I made it this far. But knowing all this I realize that I still have a really long way to go and I can't sit back and just relax. I have to keep my foot on the pedal and keep powering forward every single day. If this is how I feel after 30 days imagine how I will feel after 40, 60 and 90 days now for sure is not the time for me to relax at all.

If you're planning to relax after day 90, you'll land right back to day 1.

The words of an old sage
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: To 90 and beyond 13 Nov 2015 19:11 #268570

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
Yesod wrote:

what specific steps are you using to protect yourself

Kot

Every time I have any thought that might be dangerous even if I am not so sure if it is really bad or not I started giving myself a good old fashioned hard pinch. It has kept me much farther away from falls than ever so far reminding me why I should not think those thoughts and why I should keep fighting as hard as I can.

Re: To 90 and beyond 13 Nov 2015 19:12 #268571

• strugle613
  • Senior Boarder
markz wrote:

If you're planning to relax after day 90, you'll land right back to day 1.

The words of an old sage

For sure I didn't mean to say I would take my foot off the pedal after 90 days just that I should imagine how good I will feel when I reach 90 days.

Re: To 90 and beyond 16 Nov 2015 19:53 #268755

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
i just reached 90 days. the world was not any clearer then. day 90 was the same as day 89 and so far no different from day 91. maybe it's because i am an addict, but i can't imagine life would suddenly be SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!! on day 90.

Re: To 90 and beyond 16 Nov 2015 21:00 #268763

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Every day is awesome!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: To 90 and beyond 25 Apr 2016 15:26 #285793

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
strugle613 wrote on 24 Sep 2015 19:24:
I have been on GYE for a long time and I have been just a quiet observer on the forums. I have had some nice stretches clean but as time goes on I don't spend as much time on GYE and being michazik myself. So after I fell today I figured no better time to take the plunge and create a thread to keep me coming back every day so I don't grow lax in my struggle.

AND TODAY IS DAY 90!

Please take the time to share with us, How did you do it??

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: To 90 and beyond 26 Apr 2016 03:08 #285855

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz how in heavens did you ever keep track of this count.  
Have you been checking his profile daily or what? 

Re: To 90 and beyond 26 Apr 2016 12:11 #285877

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Yesod wrote on 26 Apr 2016 03:08:
Markz how in heavens did you ever keep track of this count.  
Have you been checking his profile daily or what? 

I mentioned last week Id be updating the "Free Trucking" page, which is why I happened to be on the Wall of Honor page yesterday

WHEN IS THE NEW EDITOR GOING TO GIVE US BACK AND DISPLAY "DAY" COUNT ON MOBILE??

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes