Welcome, Guest

laughingman tries to count to 90........
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 120928 Views

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 13:39 #287951

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 16 May 2016 12:39:
Look, you are no newbie. So I will not respond here with the political correctness and tenderness I would try to use with a new person who really has only just begun to see the truth about his issues. You, in contrast, have had half-a-lifetime studying your sad life story b'iyun. It's your blanket - your punishing rod and your comforting staff. Yet masturbation and self-pity still follow you wherever you go...that is no co-incidence, is it.

Be"H you will soon let go of the 'setting time aside daily for dealing with shmiras eynayim issues', for as you know, the more we focus on living in the problem, the more we live in the problem. It would be totally counterproductive for you - as is most of the time you spend mulling over how bad your situation is and all your problems.

True, being aware of real problems is so very essential! And ignoring problems is just sweeping them under the rug till we trip over the bump, yes. But these things - your problems - are all well-known to you, I think. Perhaps the issue is not the problems you have as much as it is the anguish that you have about them. So they are really NOT your problems, are they? Aren't your emotions the real problems that mess your daily life up? How about getting real help for those? You implied that - having a trusting relationship w a solid therapist.

You tell your associates to avoid perfectionisms...but how about you? How trustworthy does this therapist need to be?? How 'solid' does he (or she) need to be?? Are the therapists where you live, generally a bunch of mean bastards or something? Will they share your secrets with the community at large? I doubt that. You need help. For G-d's sake, why not trust them? And 'solid'...I do not even want to know what that might mean.

Harbei shluchim laMakom. Perhaps you are too picky. Perhaps you are your worst enemy of all that has ever lived. Perhaps it's time to use dirty water, as the Chofetz Chayim's parable goes. Perhaps you need help now, otherwise your Arnold Schwartenegger-like self-pity will terminate you, if it has not already.

I know you react by quietly saying things like..."...i'm afraid it already has terminated me...", but that's a lie. For you will see, if you give it a day or so, that there is still enough left of you there for your self-pity monster to torture with more could-have-beens, should-have-beens, and poor-me's. There will always be room for you to say the refrain of, "What can I do? My circumstances are insurmountable and look how society, my wife, the doctors, and the system have all ruined my life."

Well, I do not buy it for a second and you do not need to, either.

I love you and you know it. And so do other people in your life though you can't see it through your self-pity and depression. G-d has put far more strength in you than you think. You are a good man and a good father and a good husband in many, many important ways. Do you realize that yet?

Today is a fine day to get the help you need. Open up fully and unconditionally to your damn shrink, whoever he or she is! We are all screwed up in some ways - even your shrink is!  And you are no worse or better than anyone else. Please leave the pity party. I bet that you see the shrink as untrustworthy mainly because they do not usually coddle you and do not play into your self-pity...wow, that really turns off self-pity'ers like body odor. We live with this king of condition for 'trusting' therapists: "I can't trust you until you recognize how very sad my life is and maybe cry with me a bit..."

Yes, empathy and acknowledgement of pain is essential - but maybe your standards for it are way too high? Maybe not everybody needs to be sorry for you as you are for yourself in order for you to 'trust' them? Man, life is hard for everyone in their own skin and in their own circumstances. You do not need the pity. It's really killing a fine man: You.

You deserve better food than the crap you have been serving yourself since you realized you were imperfect, years ago. 

(If that was too hard, tel me and I will erase it. As it is, some newbie will read it and say, 'boy that Dov is a nasty dog.'...oh well. But we have spoken many times. I know you, chaver. Your sad story does not fool me any more. It's time for you to take a different road today for today and live today, not be one of the walking dead.)

Dov,

I don't think anyone could have said this better. I've read this thread and keep on cheering inside and hoping that laughingman will finally pick himself up....and each time is the same. And I'm not close to him to tell him what you did.

LM,
Dov just gave you a gift. Run with it!

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 15:27 #287960

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I have no problem with what dov said ....its alot based on similar convos i have had in the past with dov 

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 21:54 #288006

• Dov
  • Administrator
You are obviously a very good man, chaver.
Hatzlocha
We and others are all pulling for you
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 17 May 2016 01:39 #288018

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
laughingman wrote on 16 May 2016 15:27:
I have no problem with what dov said ....its alot based on similar convos i have had in the past with dov 

Brother do you plan on repeating these conversations, and continue to stay in the stressed out life that you suffer - forever?

Or maybe you have no plan

Do you plan to continue life without a plan?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 17 May 2016 07:00 #288040

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I have plans ....i just so far havent the time ....right now i have a washing machine emergency .....after that i will update 

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 17 May 2016 11:56 #288047

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you repairing it yourself?
That can take a few months

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 May 2016 02:22 #288463

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I had plans .....i had thoughts .....now my life is over .....my marriage is all but over .....i was given an insight into how people feel about me .....my family i have terrorized for 10 years without even realizing driving them all away ....i never did things out of animosity or hatred ....i just did bad things .....not gye site things ....at least that wasnt the focus at first ....or maybe it was all part of it .....we just had an argument that once again rose out of my foolish anxieties .....but it was different .....now i just dont know what i will.do with my life ....besides my family i dont really do anything i learn here and there ....i have some kind of work i can do ....maybe .....but i see no point now ......i continue to live because suicide is a sin .....i havent tried hard enough in anything ......im sorry i let everyone down

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 May 2016 02:28 #288465

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote
"I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons!"

PLEASE CALL

D(or)C
o      o
v      r
        d
        n
        o
        y

You have no excuses anymore

Deal?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 May 2016 03:04 #288471

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
It's painful to hear about your situation. I hope it will improve soon. A reality check is painful but it maybe you can use it for good.

Mark is right, you really should speak to someone. Preferably a rov who knows you in real life.

I'll daven for you.

KOT.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 May 2016 03:23 #288473

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
All of that was self pity ......

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 May 2016 05:01 #288480

• cordnoy
We spoke once.
We can do it again.
The invite was always there.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 26 May 2016 00:44 #288914

• otr-otr
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gee..  I hope someone comes over to kick my a$$ like that on my thread when I need it too..  sorry just thinking out loud.. 
  • I've never been one for signatures.. but sometimes people change
  • I'm seeking the life that I find manageable which may not be the life you find manageable. But let's make a deal. I want you to find yours and you want me to find mine even if they are different.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 29 May 2016 21:58 #289204

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Unbelievable .....i have been acting out suddenly non stop .....i dont talk to anyone ....i do talk to everyone ....i dont know where my head is at at all ....i feel crazier than usual ....i am even writing more erratically ....maybe im just having a tantrum .....maybe i will feel better soon.....

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 29 May 2016 23:44 #289212

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
There's a heavy bunch..... anonymous people on gye.. no one knows you... or can help you.. or pick you up (or throw you down)... as long as this anony-mouse relationship continues the cat and mouse game goes on around and around until... the next laughingcryingman episode.. don't we love anonimity.. till death?....

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 30 May 2016 19:46 #289264

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
laughingman wrote on 29 May 2016 21:58:
Unbelievable .....i have been acting out suddenly non stop .....i dont talk to anyone ....i do talk to everyone ....i dont know where my head is at at all ....i feel crazier than usual ....i am even writing more erratically ....maybe im just having a tantrum .....maybe i will feel better soon.....

Get some help; why keep going in circles?
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes