Welcome, Guest

laughingman tries to count to 90........
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 120930 Views

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 05 May 2016 07:34 #286725

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Sometimes ...especially when i am multiply late to pray and/or i get yet another person urging me to either throw my smartphone to the sea or expect not to be redeemed 
...i feel extremely depressed and i feel that as it seems Hashem is angry at me I might as well give up .....entirely ....not just here but in all aspects of life ......of course these thoughts i recognise as rather childish and immature im sure ......but i do feel them when things i am trying to do that are positive keep falling through

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 08 May 2016 18:41 #287166

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 13 now .....today i had urges to act out and i did not ......i have started to keep a list of habits to do everyday to keep positive and to start to redevelope my daily schedual .....

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 08 May 2016 18:50 #287167

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Cool!!!

Next time you do have an urge, come on right here and give us a SHOUT 

Next time you don't have an urge, definitely come on 

My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 10 May 2016 13:29 #287362

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi mr laughingman!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 11 May 2016 10:13 #287458

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Today 

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 May 2016 04:33 #287700

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I acted out ....its all really a product of much bigger issues ....that are not getting dealt with because of the crushing guilt i feel from acting out .....all the times before as well ......and also guilt from every mistake or neglectful or hurtful.thing i have ever done .....i know its probably classified as a sort of illness ....but it does have weight in the real .....and soo it continues .....we are now in year 3 and my wife has to change doctors and who knows if this new one will be willing to give her whats rightfully hers 
...it all sort of controversial in the medical community ...which in some cases sort of acts like a mythology class or insurance agent rather than a group of scientists trying to alleviate someones pain

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 May 2016 06:01 #287708

• cordnoy
"thanks613" post=287705 date=1463116716I'm starting to recognize the importance of letting someone else into my mind - speaking out my fantasies and what I actually do - so that I can let go.  Starting..
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 May 2016 07:53 #287711

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I know ....but i dont act on it

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 May 2016 11:37 #287715

• cordnoy
laughingman wrote on 13 May 2016 07:53:
I know ....but i dont act on it

Ribbit
Ribbit
Ribbit
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 May 2016 16:31 #287723

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 13 May 2016 06:01:
"thanks613" post=287705 date=1463116716I'm starting to recognize the importance of letting someone else into my mind - speaking out my fantasies and what I actually do - so that I can let go.  Starting..

I very much wanna act on it..

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 15 May 2016 13:51 #287843

• Dov
  • Administrator
laughingman wrote on 13 May 2016 04:33:
I acted out ....its all really a product of much bigger issues ....that are not getting dealt with because of the crushing guilt i feel from acting out .....all the times before as well ......and also guilt from every mistake or neglectful or hurtful.thing i have ever done .....i know its probably classified as a sort of illness ....but it does have weight in the real .....and soo it continues .....we are now in year 3 and my wife has to change doctors and who knows if this new one will be willing to give her whats rightfully hers 
...it all sort of controversial in the medical community ...which in some cases sort of acts like a mythology class or insurance agent rather than a group of scientists trying to alleviate someones pain

Hi chaver and thanks for trying to get in touch...we need to find times that work for both of us, my schedule is pretty simple actually and the limited time I have is still there and usable, if you call then.

My question to you is this:

Has anything changed at all in your life or relationships in the past years, or are you still the victim of the exact same unhappy circumstance and troubles and other peoples' needs? 

Or has something changed in how you live without being a prisoner to Hashem's obviously apparently sucky will?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 15 May 2016 15:37 #287853

• Dov
  • Administrator
Please note:These questions are not 'a statement'. I am not trying to make a point by asking them, and I am not assuming anything.

They are questions to allow further discussion depending on what your answers are.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 11:46 #287948

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Well aome things i think at least temporarily improved .....i understand my own real issues more and those of my family members ...also i try to urge others to avoid perfectionisms ......but sensitivity and life are often working against that .....i still have yet to establish a set time that i can keep to to dedicate to dealing with shmirat enayim issues or any other of my mental problems for that matter ....i truly need a normal therapy routine ....but have yet to find a solid therapist i feel safe with ....

I do still struggle with past guilt .....an ongoing sometimes uphill battle in and unfortunately around my mind and me sometimes it motivates me ....and sometimes it shuts me down or makes me feel hopeless .....i also have a hard time in the emunah department ....particularly in teshuva ....especially since i still struggle there too .....

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 12:13 #287949

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Brother, are you still trying to count to 90.....?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 May 2016 12:39 #287950

• Dov
  • Administrator
Look, you are no newbie. So I will not respond here with the political correctness and tenderness I would try to use with a new person who really has only just begun to see the truth about his issues. You, in contrast, have had half-a-lifetime studying your sad life story b'iyun. It's your blanket - your punishing rod and your comforting staff. Yet masturbation and self-pity still follow you wherever you go...that is no co-incidence, is it.

Be"H you will soon let go of the 'setting time aside daily for dealing with shmiras eynayim issues', for as you know, the more we focus on living in the problem, the more we live in the problem. It would be totally counterproductive for you - as is most of the time you spend mulling over how bad your situation is and all your problems.

True, being aware of real problems is so very essential! And ignoring problems is just sweeping them under the rug till we trip over the bump, yes. But these things - your problems - are all well-known to you, I think. Perhaps the issue is not the problems you have as much as it is the anguish that you have about them. So they are really NOT your problems, are they? Aren't your emotions the real problems that mess your daily life up? How about getting real help for those? You implied that - having a trusting relationship w a solid therapist.

You tell your associates to avoid perfectionisms...but how about you? How trustworthy does this therapist need to be?? How 'solid' does he (or she) need to be?? Are the therapists where you live, generally a bunch of mean bastards or something? Will they share your secrets with the community at large? I doubt that. You need help. For G-d's sake, why not trust them? And 'solid'...I do not even want to know what that might mean.

Harbei shluchim laMakom. Perhaps you are too picky. Perhaps you are your worst enemy of all that has ever lived. Perhaps it's time to use dirty water, as the Chofetz Chayim's parable goes. Perhaps you need help now, otherwise your Arnold Schwartenegger-like self-pity will terminate you, if it has not already.

I know you react by quietly saying things like..."...i'm afraid it already has terminated me...", but that's a lie. For you will see, if you give it a day or so, that there is still enough left of you there for your self-pity monster to torture with more could-have-beens, should-have-beens, and poor-me's. There will always be room for you to say the refrain of, "What can I do? My circumstances are insurmountable and look how society, my wife, the doctors, and the system have all ruined my life."

Well, I do not buy it for a second and you do not need to, either.

I love you and you know it. And so do other people in your life though you can't see it through your self-pity and depression. G-d has put far more strength in you than you think. You are a good man and a good father and a good husband in many, many important ways. Do you realize that yet?

Today is a fine day to get the help you need. Open up fully and unconditionally to your damn shrink, whoever he or she is! We are all screwed up in some ways - even your shrink is!  And you are no worse or better than anyone else. Please leave the pity party. I bet that you see the shrink as untrustworthy mainly because they do not usually coddle you and do not play into your self-pity...wow, that really turns off self-pity'ers like body odor. We live with this king of condition for 'trusting' therapists: "I can't trust you until you recognize how very sad my life is and maybe cry with me a bit..."

Yes, empathy and acknowledgement of pain is essential - but maybe your standards for it are way too high? Maybe not everybody needs to be sorry for you as you are for yourself in order for you to 'trust' them? Man, life is hard for everyone in their own skin and in their own circumstances. You do not need the pity. It's really killing a fine man: You.

You deserve better food than the crap you have been serving yourself since you realized you were imperfect, years ago. 

(If that was too hard, tel me and I will erase it. As it is, some newbie will read it and say, 'boy that Dov is a nasty dog.'...oh well. But we have spoken many times. I know you, chaver. Your sad story does not fool me any more. It's time for you to take a different road today for today and live today, not be one of the walking dead.)

Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes