Welcome, Guest

Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 7956 Views

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 04 Jul 2022 18:09 #382825

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
THE DEAD HAVE ARISEN FROM THEIR SLUMBER

Baruch Mechaya Meisim
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 04 Jul 2022 18:34 #382826

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Grant, nice to hear from you again! 

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 04 Jul 2022 20:52 #382828

Hey Grant how are you doing?

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 05 Jul 2022 01:07 #382844

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you so much for continuing...Need the next chapter already...

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 05 Jul 2022 01:08 #382845

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back. You were very missed.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 05 Jul 2022 03:56 #382848

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back, people were really worried about you around here. (Not only for the stories). I thought something happened to you. Happy to hear that you are still alive. 
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 05 Jul 2022 12:49 #382861

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks everyone! 

Alive and kicking BH, just started something new and barely had/have a minute to breathe.

Thank you to all those who reached out!
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2022 02:02 by grant400.

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 11 Jul 2022 18:38 #383198

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
I know your busy and barely have a minute to breathe...

I don't want to be a pain...I'm really trying hard not to ask...3 second rule...stop it...keep on trucking...3 second rule again...remember this story is optional...

but could we get another chapter?

darn, failed...the temptation was to strong...

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 11 Jul 2022 23:02 #383210

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Please don't hesitate to put pressure 
Unfortunately, so far this week has been hectic. I'll try my best iyh.

I just want to ask that if anyone reading the story found any part particulary triggering, inappropriate or just plain distasteful (especially for bochurim) please reach out for me to edit those parts. (Obviously we need to keep in mind about which clientele we cater to on this site).

I've had quite a few concerns and misgivings over this story regardless of the final decision made regarding the continuation, and would at least like to keep it as neutral as it can be while still making its point.

Thanks!

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 12 Jul 2022 13:28 #383234

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you.

I don't think you should make it more neutral it will loose a lot of its shock value. You have a tremendous talent for writing in  a way that we get caught up emotionally and It really hits home. 

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 12 Jul 2022 16:45 #383241

• goldfish
  • Expert Boarder
I fully agree. As a bochur, I have never seen something with as strong a shock effect as this story. It showed me what the real life effects of lust are, without the fantasy-fueled ideas of what married life is. It gives me an impetus to try change, knowing how much it can wreck any chance of a happy marriage. Please write more and keep up the literary style. When its finished you should make it into a book and provide it as a resource for chosson-rebbes. Thanks
Still Struggling, But I Won't Give Up

ר׳ יוסי אומר: טוב עשרה טפחים ועומד ממאה אמה ונופל (אבות דרבי נתן א:ז)

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 12 Jul 2022 18:10 #383245

• DeletedUser1224
  • Current streak: 399 days
  • Expert Boarder
Goldfish wrote on 12 Jul 2022 16:45:
I fully agree. As a bochur, I have never seen something with as strong a shock effect as this story. It showed me what the real life effects of lust are, without the fantasy-fueled ideas of what married life is. It gives me an impetus to try change, knowing how much it can wreck any chance of a happy marriage. Please write more and keep up the literary style. When its finished you should make it into a book and provide it as a resource for chosson-rebbes. Thanks

That pretty much summed up my feelings as well. Don’t really have anything more to add(-: You are an amazing writer, a big inspiration to me, and i can’t wait to read the next part!
If you are in the same situation as me, a bachur who’s fighting every day to break free, feel free to reach out to me at hopeful1245@gmail.com. I can use the chizuk from other bachrim and im sure you can use the chizuk as well. We are all in this together!
My thread on the forum

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 12 Jul 2022 18:39 #383247

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Face the challenge wrote on 12 Jul 2022 18:10:

Goldfish wrote on 12 Jul 2022 16:45:

That pretty much summed up my feelings as well. Don’t really have anything more to add(-: You are an amazing writer, a big inspiration to me, and i can’t wait to read the next part!

#metoo
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 18 Jul 2022 20:14 #383526

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 11 Jul 2022 23:02:
Please don't hesitate to put pressure 

Thanks!

This is me putting pressure...

Re: Comment Thread for The Story Teller (New) 19 Jul 2022 02:15 #383549

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Someone recently told me that he was contemplating & struggling with the idea of meeting someone live. I told him that I know of a recent story of someone that went that path and ended up in deep trouble (that what it seems so far from this story). No one is out there to give you pleasure, their goal is to get out of you whatever they can and ruin you, your family and your life. 
 The power of a good story - and a great writer!
keep it up!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2022 12:22 by davidt.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes